Mac users, where are you guys?

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Baum
Trained
Trained

Re: MAC users, where are you guys?

Post by Baum »

Try compiling it again to see if the problem will go away. There is a problem with Bison files not being compiled (or whatever happens to them, I have no experience with Bison) in the correct order (I think) that produces an error on the first go around but running the build process again has always cleared those up for me.

If that doesn't help, could you post the entire build output to a text file again?
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

It gets better with a second try. Only 14 Failures left.
Attachments
output.txt
(244.08 KiB) Downloaded 624 times
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

Try removing 'macosx/external/bison' and 'macosx/external/bison-2.3.tar.bz2' and rebuilding the project. The build process should now use the system version of Bison.
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

No effect, when i remove it. it downloads it again and the same failures as above happen.
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

Are you using the latest version of trunk? From what I've heard, Leopard has a Warzone-compatible version of Bison (specifically 2.3). The build process should see this and use that version of Bison on your system instead of downloading another compatible one.

What version of Bison do you have (open a terminal and type 'bison --version')? Also, does the directory 'macosx/external/bison/built/' exist?
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

1. I am using the latest trunk version (updated today)

2. The Bison directory in external does not exist, it is no longer compiled or downloaded, since i updated xcode to 3.1. Looks like System version is used now.

3. Bison -- v ersion gives me the following :

bison (GNU Bison) 2.3
Written by Robert Corbett and Richard Stallman.
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

The build process shouldn't have the same errors as before if you try to build the updated trunk (the last errors were due to an improperly built and installed Bison binary which has been fixed but, for Leopard, the system version of Bison is now used). If there are any errors, can you post your output again?
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

Sorry, yesterday i thought, the errors are the same. The new errors are :

The following build commands failed:
Warzone:
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/framework/resource_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/framework/resource_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/framework/strres_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/framework/strres_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/gamelib/audp_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/gamelib/audp_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/script/chat_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/script/chat_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/script/script_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/script/script_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../src/message_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../src/message_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../src/scriptvals_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../src/scriptvals_parser.y
(14 failures)

The complete output is attched again.
Attachments
output.txt
(238.21 KiB) Downloaded 619 times
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

According to the errors, "external/bison.sh" doesn't exist ("/bin/sh: external/bison.sh: No such file or directory"). This file is in the repository and should exist at "macosx/external/bison.sh". It looks like you're running 'xcodebuild' from from the macosx/ directory (I'm not sure if it would be a problem if you didn't) so the only thing I can think of is that, for some reason, you don't have bison.sh.

Check to see if you have "macosx/external/bison.sh". If not, try either re-checking out trunk (if an 'svn update' doesn't fix the issue) or you can download bison.sh from here: http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/*checkout*/w ... h?rev=5887 (although it may not be updated by future 'svn update' commands and you may need to 'chmod a+x bison.sh' it to set it as executable).
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

yes, you are right, there is now bison.sh ? but shouldn't i get it with a svn up ?
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

I don't know...I've never had a problem with that. I checked out a fresh copy of trunk a moment ago and bison.sh was downloaded.

Try checking it out again:

Code: Select all

svn co http://svn.gna.org/svn/warzone/trunk
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

Ok, Build Succeeded. It is running fine on my iMac G5 ppc.

If you wan't me to upload the bundle anywhere, so that you can share it, tell me where. I could upload it to my webserver, but i can't serve as mirror, because my Traffic limit will explode :)

Thx for your help with building it.
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

No problem, glad I could help.

Thanks for the OS X binary offer but I'm going to try to get at least a weekly build of 2.1 branch up somewhere. I need to port the build fixes from trunk to 2.1 branch and ask around for permission to post the binaries before they can actually be up but these things are next on my todo list.

If you still want to help, testing in general would be appreciated (there are a few pretty major known OS X bugs, at least on Tiger, and I'm sure there are others). I also know that Buginator is looking for somebody on OS X to test network play (I think there was a post within the last couple of pages).
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

Sure, if i could help, i will gladly do it. I am a developer by myself.

I already found one Problem. When i try to Quit the game, it hangs. The only thing i could do to quit it, is kill the process.

If i find more things i will inform you.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

tom555 wrote:Sure, if i could help, i will gladly do it. I am a developer by myself.

I already found one Problem. When i try to Quit the game, it hangs. The only thing i could do to quit it, is kill the process.

If i find more things i will inform you.
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/42

Know problem, fixes have been proposed. Namely, commenting out the call to fPathShutdown and killing the thread gracefully.

Regards, Freddie.