Mac users, where are you guys?

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Baum
Trained
Trained

Re: MAC users, where are you guys?

Post by Baum »

tom555: Is the version of QuesoGLC you downloaded the SVN version I linked to in a previous post or the 0.7.1 release? Also, are you sure you have the latest trunk revision? (I just want to make sure the problem isn't something obvious).

Also, could you attach a tarball of the QuesoGLC code you are using?
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

I checked out the trunk 2 hours ago. The Queso version is the one, linked a few posts above.
http://quesoglc.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... athrev=762
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

It looks like the SVN version of QuesoGLC used doesn't include the fix that solves your problem. I'll change the version of QuesoGLC that is downloaded and get back to you tomorrow.
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

Ok, i am waiting for it :). Thx.
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

Alright, I changed the downloaded version QuesoGLC in the trunk so that you shouldn't have your problem anymore. You'll need to delete the current macosx/external/quesoglc/ so the build system will attempt to download the new version.

You may still have the 'p' SVN problem (we're using an SVN revision of QuesoGLC until version 0.7.2 comes out), but you can download the following: http://quesoglc.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... z?view=tar and follow the directions I posted previously.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Omikronman wrote:"sidenote, we **still** haven't tested the networking code with mac users. We are looking to test the game with at least 2 people for every platform we support, and we have lots of linux, 1 or 2 windows, and 0 mac people."

What do you mean when you say "test the networking"? If you like to make some online games with a Mac user I will be ready to do it with the beta 4!
Yes, that is what I mean.

It wouldn't be with beta 4 though, it would be with 2.1 branch. (The one all the fixes are going in).

Right now, I hope some mac people will be around this Sunday noon-afternoon EST.
(http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-z ... t-time.htm)
Eastern Daylight Time EDT = GMT-4

Let me repeat, I want to test 2.1 branch (http://svn.gna.org/svn/warzone/branches/2.1), NOT 2.1 beta 4. :)
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

Baum wrote:Alright, I changed the downloaded version QuesoGLC in the trunk so that you shouldn't have your problem anymore. You'll need to delete the current macosx/external/quesoglc/ so the build system will attempt to download the new version.

You may still have the 'p' SVN problem (we're using an SVN revision of QuesoGLC until version 0.7.2 comes out), but you can download the following: http://quesoglc.svn.sourceforge.net/vie ... z?view=tar and follow the directions I posted previously.
Next problem. This happens with your new version of queso :

Ld /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/QuesoGLC.build/Objects-normal/ppc/QuesoGLC normal ppc
cd /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx
/Developer/usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/QuesoGLC.build/Objects-normal/ppc/QuesoGLC -L/Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Release -L/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/lib -L/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/lib -F/Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Release -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -F/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks -filelist /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/QuesoGLC.build/Objects-normal/ppc/QuesoGLC.LinkFileList -lfontconfig -lfreetype -framework OpenGL -arch ppc -Wl,-single_module -compatibility_version 1 -current_version 1 -install_name @executable_path/../Frameworks/QuesoGLC.framework/Versions/A/QuesoGLC -dynamiclib -mmacosx-version-min=10.4 -framework Carbon -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk
ld: cycle in dylib re-exports with /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.dylib
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

Could you post either the actual linking errors or all of the output of your build process (if the latter, please attach a _text_ file with the output to your post so your post isn't huge).
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

Here it is :)
Attachments
output.txt
compiler ouput
(167.64 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

[quote="Baum"][/quote]

Have you fixed the 2.1 branch xcode file yet?

It has a ton of glc warnings, which I gather you fixed in trunk?

Also, for you mac users, when you pick the options->game options menu, does it crash for you guys?
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

Buginator wrote: Have you fixed the 2.1 branch xcode file yet?
I have not. I was waiting to make sure nobody had any problems with the updated build process in trunk before updating the 2.1 branch. I'll post to the ML in the day or so to see if anyone has any objections with me porting the updates to the 2.1 branch.

tom555, I'm looking into your new problem. I believe there was a bug for this on Leopard and I think we might have found a workaround but I'll have to get back to you on that.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Baum wrote:
I have not. I was waiting to make sure nobody had any problems with the updated build process in trunk before updating the 2.1 branch. I'll post to the ML in the day or so to see if anyone has any objections with me porting the updates to the 2.1 branch.

tom555, I'm looking into your new problem. I believe there was a bug for this on Leopard and I think we might have found a workaround but I'll have to get back to you on that.
For what it is worth, I doubt anyone will have any objections to you fixing 2.1 branch.
The only reason I was asking is that we need testers for 2.1, and the next beta should be coming soon.
Was hoping to get people to have debug builds of 2.1 branch for the test on Sunday, so at least we can see if we need more mac specific work done with the netcode. :)
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

Baum wrote:

Ok, just notify me, when i should try it again.
Baum
Trained
Trained

Post by Baum »

tom555, what version of OS X and Xcode are you using?

If you're using Leopard, you'll need to use Xcode 3.1 due to this bug in Xcode 3.1: http://developer.apple.com/qa/qa2007/qa1567.html . The workaround Apple listed didn't work (see a small part of this enormous bug report: https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?11940) but upgrading from Xcode 3.0 to Xcode 3.1 seemed to work.
tom555
Rookie
Rookie

Post by tom555 »

Compiling works little better with xcode 3.1. But it does still not complete:

The following build commands failed:
Warzone:
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/framework/resource_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/framework/resource_parser.y
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/ppc/resource_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/resource_lexer.lex.c normal ppc c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/framework/strres_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/framework/strres_parser.y
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/ppc/strres_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/strres_lexer.lex.c normal ppc c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/gamelib/audp_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/gamelib/audp_parser.y
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/ppc/audp_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/audp_lexer.lex.c normal ppc c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/script/chat_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/script/chat_parser.y
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/ppc/chat_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/chat_lexer.lex.c normal ppc c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/script/script_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../lib/script/script_parser.y
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/ppc/script_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/script_lexer.lex.c normal ppc c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../src/message_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../src/message_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../src/scriptvals_parser.y
PhaseScriptExecution /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/../src/scriptvals_parser.y
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/ppc/scriptvals_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/scriptvals_lexer.lex.c normal ppc c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/ppc/message_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/message_lexer.lex.c normal ppc c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/i386/resource_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/resource_lexer.lex.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/i386/strres_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/strres_lexer.lex.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/i386/audp_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/audp_lexer.lex.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/i386/chat_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/chat_lexer.lex.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/i386/script_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/script_lexer.lex.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/i386/scriptvals_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/scriptvals_lexer.lex.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
CompileC build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/Objects-normal/i386/message_lexer.lex.o /Users/thomasschober/Desktop/warzone/macosx/build/Warzone.build/Release/Warzone.build/DerivedSources/message_lexer.lex.c normal i386 c com.apple.compilers.gcc.4_0
(28 failures)