What do you find annoying about the BETA ?

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
michealPW
Greenhorn

Re: What do you find annoying about the BETA ?

Post by michealPW »

Terminator wrote:I offer to change config folder to ingame folder exemple: c:\games\Warzone2100_wrp\settings\

if game installed to c:\games\Warzone2100_wrp

Because First time it was in Registr, than in "My Documents" - which was not so comfortable. Now its .. somewhere in ....the ass of C:\Documents and Settings\  .  I think :Privet" user dont even know where those saves & setting are.

So plz keep an eye on my post.
I think that goes against good design principles that should be used on multi-user systems. (Including Windows 2000, XP, Vista etc.) Least privilege, that is, logged into a user who is a member of the Users group, not the Administrators group. In addition, not allowing Users to write to certain locations such as C:\, \WINDOWS\, \Program Files\ etc.

That's why configuration files should be stored in \Documents and Settings\userA\, which is writable by only userA. This not only increases system security but also usability, as each user can have his or her own settings. In addition to that, it also makes backup and restore much easier;)

Hope that clears up some things:)
P.s: You could also make a link to the config file and put it in your Warzone Start Menu folder:P
Softwares
Linux 2.6.24-19-generic(SMP)
Ubuntu 8.04
fglrx 8.6
SDL 1.2.11
Warzone 2.1b2

Hardwares
[email protected]
ATI Radeon x1600
VIA VT8237(Audio)
VIA VT6102(Network)
Maxtor 6K040L0