AIvolution

Warzone 2.1.x series. (Unsupported--read only!)
Moro_Nick
Trained
Trained

Re: AIvolution

Post by Moro_Nick »

Raem_Lylar wrote:....

Is there any really bad ass epic uber ai i can download?
-- Yes and no. Yes it exists (I've played 'em all since '99) and no it's not available for download. (much older version for v.1.10 and
v.1.11 is still a dl and while quite excellent, IMHO, it is not in the same league as the 2008 iteration..)

-- It's called Become Prey 2008 and it is masterfully scripted by NIKER to NOT cheat and also employ almost all
successful veteran MP tactics. I'm sure it will give you a good spanking one on one. :twisted:

-- I've ported it over to the WRP binary for my own use in map making but I have to talk to NIKER about either releasing my port of what
he created in August '08 or, knowing him as I do, he might want to do the port himself with new script changes of his own....We'll see..

- Regards, Moro. :ninja:
_ Cliques are group masturbation.

_ Art is in the eye of the beholder, even the color blind.

_ The jaded are merely feckless.

_ Audacity rewards. Contrary to scripture, the meek shall only inherit indelible memories of failed nerve.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Raem_Lylar wrote: The aiv will use heavy cannons, but by time it does i already have Gauss cannons... :rolleyes:
Does entering debug mode (--cheat: shift+backspace) have anything to do with this?

But anyway, aiv sucks even if it worked correctly... (its better than the stock, but still too weak for me)
Is there any realy badass epic uber ai i can download?
Well, here's one: 1v3, Aivolution, T1 Advanced Bases, Rush.
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

Raem_Lylar wrote:I have the same Aivolution problem.

aiv will not use VTO&LC's or artillery. (Vertical take-off & landing crafts)

But i have an addition to make, the aiv i have (most recent trunk) just spams mini pods, nothing but mini pods.
mini pod viper wheels, mini pod viper halftracks, mini pod viper track, mini pod bug wheel/half track/track,
mini pod leopard/retaliation/wheel/half/track and any other possible mini pod combo you can think of (excluding vtoalcs).
don't get it... O_o

even after installing new operating system, installinge warzone and playing aivolution-ai, they are always using vtols in my games ??????
also many different kinds of weapons; machine guns, mini pods, flamers, cannons, mortars....

O_O
jaakan
Trained
Trained

Post by jaakan »

I have a few questions about AIvolution

How long does it take for the AI to change its tactics?
and What factors will make the AI change its tactics?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

jaakan wrote:I have a few questions about AIvolution

How long does it take for the AI to change its tactics?
and What factors will make the AI change its tactics?
Troman, its original author, is currently inactive, and I don't think anyone else knows.
PkK
Trained
Trained

Post by PkK »

[quote="Thyranim"][quote="Raem_Lylar"]I have the same Aivolution problem.

aiv will not use VTO&LC's or artillery. (Vertical take-off & landing crafts)

But i have an addition to make, the aiv i have (most recent trunk) just spams mini pods, nothing but mini pods.
mini pod viper wheels, mini pod viper halftracks, mini pod viper track, mini pod bug wheel/half track/track,
mini pod leopard/retaliation/wheel/half/track and any other possible mini pod combo you can think of (excluding vtoalcs).[/quote]

don't get it... O_o

even after installing new operating system, installinge warzone and playing aivolution-ai, they are [b]always[/b] using vtols in my games ??????
also many different kinds of weapons; machine guns, mini pods, flamers, cannons, mortars....

O_O[/quote]

Well for me aivolution does use a variety of ground weapons, but it never does use VTOLs or artillery (except for mini-pod). And it sucks defending against air. It builds some AA in the base, but nowhere else, so when their attack force comes(which usually consists of heavy bodies, tracked with heavy cannon, needlegun etc later in game) most of them are destroyed by my VTOLs before reaching my base.

Philipp
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

i'v killed Aivolution in SK-Beggerskhanyon like 4 times and they seem like doing always the same and same... they rly dont learn anything from me XD

i just keep pwning them , is there a special way to make them even strongen in Strategy's instead cheating power?
cumandgetit
Trained
Trained

Post by cumandgetit »

DarkCheetah wrote:..., is there a special way to make them even strongen in Strategy's instead cheating power?
yes there is. it's a matter of re-working aivolution or porting the most recent becomeprey or water ais (both will make you cry
before you can own em unless you take 1 or 2 ais as allies against the other enemy ais). peeps that can do this work are busy
with other priorities i would guess is why things are as they are. reworking aivolution would not be an easy task but porting bp or
water ais would be a lot easier but time consuming for sure.
:lecture:

"Almost all our faults are more pardonable than the methods we resort to, to hide them." - Duc de la Rochefoucauld
PkK
Trained
Trained

Post by PkK »

cumandgetit wrote: yes there is. it's a matter of re-working aivolution or porting the most recent becomeprey or water ais (both will make you cry
before you can own em unless you take 1 or 2 ais as allies against the other enemy ais).[...]
Sounds like a great idea. I remember games against aivolution where it really sucked due to water. I played on the manhattan map, with a rather strong ai on the lower island and me on the upper one, the rest of the slots filled with normal ais. I hoped for a challenging game with the strong one taking out the nearby weak ones first and then using the gained mightagainst me. He didn't build a single hovercraft nor VTOL, nor any artillery (again with the exception of mini-rocket artillery), didn't cross the water, just filled his half of the map with tracked vehicles.

Philipp
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

The AI has currently no way of knowing that some areas of the map are inaccessible to certain types of vehicles. I am working on a solution for this.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

The simple way would just be a map flag - "This map is split by water!"
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

That won't be enough. But I just posted a patch to the dev list that should fix this once I figure out how to add it as a scripting function for the AI :ninja:
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

lol we need BP for 2.1.x versions... that ai was realy challenging , especially realy liked the way how the build , like random sensors around the map , and strong base front line