Song - Destructo Hills

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
ionbladez
Greenhorn

Song - Destructo Hills

Post by ionbladez »

Hi everyone :]
Long time player, first time poster. (Obviously)

A few months ago when I got back home, I had the crazy idea to start a track just for Warzone.
There's lots of bass in it, and little bits I added that made it sound nice in-game.

EDITED (main site is down)
http://soundcloud.com/ionbladez/destructo-hills OGG around 8.7MB

I hope this sounds as good as you guys as it does to myself :augh:
Enjoy!
Last edited by ionbladez on 07 Sep 2011, 05:10, edited 4 times in total.
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Re: Song - Destructo Hills

Post by Powzone »

Sound good to me! :)

I got mine on megaupload because I a have free account and they don't get deleted. ;)
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

A really cool soundtrack. My only critique is that it could have more ambience in the background :)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

ionbladez wrote:Hi everyone :]
Long time player, first time poster. (Obviously)

A few months ago when I got back home, I had the crazy idea to start a track just for Warzone.
There's lots of bass in it, and little bits I added that made it sound nice in-game.

Direct DLs here, I don't believe in rapidshare :P
If it's an absolute must, I will upload to a hosting site.

http://burn2u.com/music/Destructo_Hills.ogg OGG around 8.7MB
http://burn2u.com/music/Destructo%20Hills.mp3 MP3 is 11.5MB

sadly I deleted it off my soundcloud and I have no more minutes left :cry:
I hope this sounds as good as you guys as it does to myself :augh:

Enjoy!
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3074#p29851 You didn't mention what license.
and it ends here.
ionbladez
Greenhorn

Post by ionbladez »

Ah sorry, if it's any help, it's public domain.

I don't want to get into any more detail than that, but I make tracks by the handful almost all week. :P
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

can you do some more songs?
I am looking for techno style.
ionbladez
Greenhorn

Post by ionbladez »

actually yes I've started a few breakbeat / techno style projects over the last few months. I'll post them here(?) or in the main music thread on the top then.

For now, I have quite a collection mixed down, but they're MP3.

Feel free to browse my tracks here http://soundcloud.com/ionbladez/tracks
I'm not sure any of those would fit the game,
But check those until I start finishing most of the ones I started. I have one I personally like that has a similar feel to track 2 of the warzone soundtrack.
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

Wulin Knights and Paranoia, Inc. are cool!
ionbladez
Greenhorn

Post by ionbladez »

wicked, Feel free to download them if you already haven't.
Also, I haven't yet tried to add mp3's to the game playlist yet, I'm not sure if it only plays OGG files, only because that's all there is in the music folder :P

If they need to be converted I'll upload and post new links, let me know.
ScEEcH452
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ScEEcH452 »

I actually like a lot of the stuff you've done, it's quite interesting.
I even downloaded a couple, though it's not the kind of music I would listen to all day.
Want to know how I find inspiration to make Warzone maps? Easy.
1: Play Warzone
2: While in FlaME, listen to: http://endlessvideo.com/watch?v=fx74l98XLuM
3: Talk about maps with this community and my friends.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

ionbladez :)

Hello :)

I like the theme very much ! Especially two effects, the one wchis starts after 53 seconds and then 1.45

I do feel this so called by me "post nuclear spirit" but.. at the same time I have this strange filling that something is missing..

I was listening to it about ten times while I was working on another of my maps, becuse then I can relax and feel the spirits of the songs..

It was really hard for me to define what I miss here, I have a sort of answer for that. I think you should somehow input the old theme, I would suggest first but maybe the second too but in this order.. I am not talking about making the first theme again, no no, here I mean like 80 % of your work, and about 20 of some sort reflecting the old themes, but this is only my feelings. I also have to admit that the theme is hipnothising as it should be, by that I men while you are playing youy should not be bored by it, what I sense you are at the edge of going from vide game music into let me call it pure "Techno" music. I dont mean here Techno is bad, I want to indicate that it needs catchy music, something that gives you "spirit to fight" I have this with first theme of Warzone, I play a game, hear my fawourite parts, and howe this power to go on.. I do hope you understand what I am saying here.. Bass is good, but I think you should use it in more sensual way, but steel to smuggle some harder bites :)

Anyway you are on a very good way :)

Sory I typed so much, I could type nice tune only, but would you be satisfied then ??

May I add the song to my I tunes ??

And by the way, you have broke the link to the song in the first post.. type please or press URL button and paste the link between the signs that appear :)

And have you seen my thread about the Warzone music ??

[url]viewtopic.php?p=75161#p75161

Good job ! continue to improve !

And all thsoe reflects are only my feelings if you assume I know nothing thats ok :) And if you dont understand what I wanted to tell you then sorry, expressing ideas by like dont like is quite hard some times :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
ionbladez
Greenhorn

Post by ionbladez »

Thanks for your extended feedback man, feel free to add it to your itunes o;

I'd like to start a little bit about my background for these tracks; I have almost no inspiration if you want to put it that way - it comes randomly almost every minute of the day for me. I'll always have a tune in my head- and 95% of the time I never get around to making it real. Sure I have a lot of tracks on soundcloud, but I have over 2500 from the past 3 years alone mixed down. I started making instrumentals and the like 7 years ago [:

I have people tell me though, my music is more video-game style than anything else, so that would be good to know also mixed with your words :)

I'd further like to point out I have more warzone tracks being worked on; about 10 or so just sitting.

I have a very bad habit of starting a project, getting the intro done and then closing it.
Afterwards if I open it up, I'll play it back to see what it was (Because I never name them well :P) and close it, very rarely I do actually get around to finishing them. But as I said I start so many projects it's almost ridiculous.

I do enjoy Destructo Hills in-game, it kinda matches the tech feel of the battlefield, creating kind of a mix for even when the heavy battles start.

I enjoy track 3 (The up-beat happy ambient drum one) very much, the way the drums are arranged, the melody, sounds like something I would do myself (I wish I did!)
Although it's a game track, I have it on my phone for trips or while I'm in class sometimes. (What would be wicked would be a windows phone port of Warzone, but that's ridiculous! LOL)

And yes of course, I'll keep pumping these out as fast as I can, I'm not good with schedules :X

Anyways, expect more, soon enough :)

Edit: not to mention man, I love your maps. I have about 15 or so of them in game. I only do the 8 player games now because 4 players is just too small and too easy to win (even on very hard mode) :P
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

feel free to add it to your itunes
Already done :)
I'll always have a tune in my head- and 95% of the time I never get around to making it real
Tell me please if I may to know, what keeps you so busy.. it must be really hard if you like to compose so much and at the same you cannot..
I started making instrumentals and the like 7 years ago [:
Can you please give me a name of a program that a user like me, not professional at all.., can use to play with some tunes, I mean something for fun here, but eye candy too, I mean maybe looking nice, becuse if it will be rough I will probably drop it..
I'd further like to point out I have more warzone tracks being worked on; about 10 or so just sitting.
Very very good, keep on working !! :lecture:
I have a very bad habit of starting a project, getting the intro done and then closing it
It is indeed not good man :augh:
(Because I never name them well :P)
It is very bad too.. I had the same at the very beginning of working with maps here, maybe it wasnt a total disaster but it was a little bit messy.. with a time I created perfect system of folders and naming FlaMe files, perfect for me of course :) to navigate around now, thousands of files..

I think man it is half of the success to prepare your place of work properly..
I have people tell me though, my music is more video-game style than anything else, so that would be good to know also mixed with your words :)
Forgive me but I focused on that so much becuse I love film and game music, and I can listen to trucks by Hans Zimmer or Jesper Kyd for hours :)
Anyways, expect more, soon enough :)
Promise accepted :)
not to mention man, I love your maps. I have about 15 or so of them in game.
I am honoured to hear that :)
I only do the 8 player games now because 4 players is just too small and too easy to win (even on very hard mode) :P
Well I think you mean AI here ?? becuse I think I can introduce you to quite a few players from Warzone2100-games IRC channel who would prove you are wrong.. :) anyway you could drop from time to time on IRC channels, one of them is on home page of this website :)

P.S.

If I have said to much bla bla bla things above, then sorry, but I wanted to express how I feel :)

Cya :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero