maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: maps by hao

Post by effigy »

Zarel wrote:How long's it been? I get the feeling like every reviewer in existence is slacking on their map review duties. :|
Indeed. Such is life. I'll try to rate at least a handful in the near future.

Hao:

edit: Looks good :oops: XD
Last edited by effigy on 22 Sep 2010, 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Indeed. Such is life. I'll try to rate at least a handful in the near future.
Yeah. I see (:
:feeling himself to be a spammer:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Bugfix on "Nowhere". Base 0 had a wrong factory removed at 'medium bases' mode.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

All right, here is a BETA FINAL Revision 1 release of my new map. It's urban, and it's called

2c-Outskirts

There is a lot of oil on this map (>60, i think; i don't want to count it again ^^), but you'd have to look for it everywhere. Both start locations are inside a dense city environment, but most of the map is just dead mountains.

The map has everything you ever wanted: mountains, rivers, bridges, scavengers, hover-only and vtol-only oil, fortified positions and narrow canyons ... :)

Here are a few screenshots:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
outskirts.png
outskirts.png (18.47 KiB) Viewed 9291 times
Attachments
2c-Outskirts-r1.wz
(32.33 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
Last edited by NoQ on 13 Nov 2010, 05:47, edited 8 times in total.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

hao wrote:...
i will probably have a chance of becoming a good map maker
:lol2:
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Outskirts Beta 2. A few balance changes. Most importantly, i've added a second ramp to the yellow base.

upd: Deleted. Use the final version! (:
Last edited by NoQ on 05 Oct 2010, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Very good job Hao :)

I am thinking about making an urban map too :)

By the way I want to say that you develop your map making skills ultra fast :)

Your development is a pleasure to observe :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

In a meanwhile, i've made a challenge map. This means that this map has no sense in multiplayer, has little sense in skirmish, but is "best played" as a challenge provided with it.

Old Seaport Challenge

:lecture: To play the challenge, install the file provided into your map directory, go to Single Player -> Challenges, and pick the "Old Seaport" challenge.

The objective is to defeat a well-defended enemy fortress protecting an old seaport. And - guess what - you have no initial oil derricks! The game starts at T2, so you have quite a lot of different siege technologies just waiting to be researched. On the other hand, your enemy will start attacking you with heavy tanks and VTOLs pretty from the very beginning. You have 3800 initial oil: 3000 given, 800 in nearby crates. This should be enough to capture the first oil derrick.

I did not beat this challenge myself yet, though i've beaten several easier versions during the development process. This challenge is beatable. My record is 4 hours 56 minutes. :roll: I'm looking forward to hearing about your progress (:
Attachments
2c-OldSeaport.wz
v1.0
(14.82 KiB) Downloaded 678 times
Last edited by NoQ on 28 Sep 2010, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Outskirts Beta 3. Removed several buildings near the green's position (was too dense when starting with no bases), added gateways for the bots.

upd: Deleted. Use the final version! (:
Last edited by NoQ on 05 Oct 2010, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Sonds like quite a challenge :) but so much oil ?? :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

he-he (: it's pretty hard actually (: i recommend it to everyone, not just skirmish lovers (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I see :) I will try it when I will have my PC back :)

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yay! I've just finished beating up this challenge of mine. Almost 5 hours! When was the last time you've played a 5-hour game on a 64x64 map?? Well, i wasn't perfect actually. How are you doing Mero? (:

I wonder if there's a place in addons for such a map. Or ... maybe a separate category should be made? Like "maps, mods, challenges"?

P.S. I really like this challenge ... as if i never made it ^^ A lot of things emerged in it that i wouldn't ever invent. You should know quite a few things about the game to beat it. Was a very nice experience for a very average player like me (:
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

You should definitely upload it!

I think it would be nice if the Addons page had categories. IIRC Zarel has that on his TODO, but I'll not speak for him on that.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I am doing quite well thank you :)

But I suppose you may be asking about the challenge or map makig :)

It is over one week without my beloved PC and at least one week to go..

So I didnt check the challenge yet and I have problems in peaceful mapmaking too.. :(

Thanx for asking :)

Bye :)

Regards - Mero