maps by NoQ

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: maps by NoQ

Post by Merowingg »

Excellent map my friend :)

Finally you have movend into hover direction and with great result :)

Your map inspired me with a new idea :) (not for the first time) I will try to create it soon :)

Especially the islands makes me to think how perfectly you have placed all heights before rotation..

I really really like it ! :)

Sorry if I am exaggerating :hmm: but I like it :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Thanks again everybody (:

I'm currently sort of away from internet and warzone most of the time (that will last around a week or so), but i'm still looking forward to seeing Iluvalar's report on oil balance on this map (:
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

hey, nice one! hard helping your teammate with all those scavs in the middle.... - is kinda tough :)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NoQ wrote:Thanks again everybody (:

I'm currently sort of away from internet and warzone most of the time (that will last around a week or so), but i'm still looking forward to seeing Iluvalar's report on oil balance on this map (:
Well the first time was really nice, really puzzling. But i think this is the fun part and also your doom : the puzzle side. If nobody played the map before, there is a cool competition and mind game to see who will win. In a mixed game, the players who see the map the first time are dead before they click ready (unless you explain them step by step the solution). The time they figure what is happening they wont reach the other players in the "middle" in good time and in a game where everybody know the map, saddly it's a boring researching game for the first 8 minutes. From my perspective i dont see why a player would play a map where he have to wait 8 minutes before the game actually start.

I suggest to find people that never played that map before. The first game is really nice. Afterward sadly the replayability is really low :( .
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Iluvalar wrote:I suggest to find people that never played that map before. The first game is really nice. Afterward sadly the replayability is really low :( .
Hmm, i still need to play my first game on this one (:

Let me ask again: One of the aims i put in front of myself was to allow different strategies of destroying the scavenger base at your island. So you mean i wasn't successful? Probably more scavengers or less oil in the middle could have helped? (:

Yeah, of course, starting with bases or advanced bases is recommended here (:
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

NoQ wrote:
Iluvalar wrote:I suggest to find people that never played that map before. The first game is really nice. Afterward sadly the replayability is really low :( .
Hmm, i still need to play my first game on this one (:

Let me ask again: One of the aims i put in front of myself was to allow different strategies of destroying the scavenger base at your island. So you mean i wasn't successful? Probably more scavengers or less oil in the middle could have helped? (:

Yeah, of course, starting with bases or advanced bases is recommended here (:
What could be done is, the scavs take all the oil on the island, or make it harder to get.
The last game I played on this map... well... all was needed was to take the oil around, (where the scavs didn't have the oil) and that was enough for research+ units. I think the number of oil could be reduced, or made harder to get.
Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.
~Co-Founder of the clan BDC.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Opinions on Whirlpool, eh?

It's an average map, imo. The trouble with all maps like this is the waiting for hover and/or vtol. Sure, you can start with Adavanced bases to speed up the path to hover, but then the scavenger outpost is not a threat.

Maybe the best option is to make the map a mod, and offer hover research much sooner?
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

:idea: Probably we need to script down an artifact in the scavenger base that instantly allows you to research hovers. Can anybody do that? :hmm:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

All right, whatever, i'll get back to it later.

2c-Marble

A map with custom textures done through the new map-mod mechanism, which means:
  • DO NOT use this map with any version of Warzone 2100 released before v2.3.8 (even with older master builds).
  • This map works both in v2.3.* and in master, because only decal tiles were modified.
  • This map has a pretty small file size (under 130KB, compared to around 1.5MB of Ariza/Aurora)
Apart from this, it's a usual duel map, 8+1/2 oils per player, rush distance around 2 minutes.

ImageImage
ImageImage

I'm not adding this thing to the map pack yet, because, as far as i know, map packs are loved by mostly-skirmish players who often use older versions.
Attachments
v1.0
v1.0
Marble.png (9.92 KiB) Viewed 11660 times
2c-Marble.wz
v1.0
(125.57 KiB) Downloaded 626 times
Last edited by NoQ on 12 Nov 2011, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

This map is great! Even when you lose, you actually win!
Attachments
wz2100-20110702_110057-Marble-T1.png
wz2100-20110702_110119-Marble-T1.png
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

lol >.< i think it's rather a master bug, i don't think it has anything to do with custom textures.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Darn :( I thought maybe there was a new policy: Everyone is a winner!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

effigy wrote:Darn :( I thought maybe there was a new policy: Everyone is a winner!
:lol2: Post it to ideas/suggestions ;) ;) ;)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

4c-Anomalies

This is a map-mod with the only thing modded up is two spectator locations that work properly even if bases are disabled; apart from that, it's a 1x1 map, pretty big in fact.

Spectator mods work only on v2.3.8+, not on master; the map doesn't break anything though, since everything is done through wrf files.
Attachments
Anomalies.png
Anomalies.png (14.03 KiB) Viewed 11519 times
4c-Anomalies_s.wz
(23.54 KiB) Downloaded 602 times
Last edited by NoQ on 02 Dec 2011, 10:35, edited 3 times in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

8c-Abandoned

An urban map for low oil 4x4 team combat (7+5/8 oils per player, i think).
No mods this time :)
Attachments
Abandoned.png
Abandoned.png (18.94 KiB) Viewed 11517 times
8c-Abandoned.wz
v1.0
(44.06 KiB) Downloaded 633 times