8c-Playoff

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

8c-Playoff

Post by NoQ »

I've found this idea somewhere on this forum, but never saw it implemented, so i've just realized i have to do everything myself :)

Quarterfinals: you fight a person right next to you. You have 4 oils in your base and 2 oils and 5 oil drums to fight for.
Semifinals: your enemy is on the other side of the river and is reachable only with hover tanks. You have 4+4+2=10 oils, and have 4 extra oils and 16 oil drums to fight for.
Final: you fight an enemy from behind the mountain with VTOLs and cyborg transports. You should have 24 oils by now, and 4 more on every side of the mountain.

The wall (aka mountain) is pretty wide; you can even build some factories on the final enemy's side.

The map is pretty small, so it's gonna be tight. It has some gateways set, so AI bots can be used; just make sure they don't win their quarterfinals, since they'll get stuck.

Of course, unlike the real play-off, you can start your final before the other finalist is determined, etc.

Player positions: Odds inside, Evens outside.

Code: Select all

0 1 5 4
2 3 7 6
Team play is also possible; "ABABABAB" (inside vs. outside) should be pretty funny. XD

Updated: i actually had placed two more oils per semifinal, but forgot about them, and just found out they are unreachable. So i've decided to rework the oils a bit.
scr.jpg
Attachments
8c-Playoff.wz
(11.69 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
Last edited by NoQ on 01 Jun 2010, 05:22, edited 2 times in total.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: 8c-Playoff

Post by KukY »

Yeah, that was my idea.
It's nice to see it implented :)
What's the size?
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: 8c-Playoff

Post by NoQ »

It's 128x64.
Probably i should also make a bigger version.

P.S. Oops! Bugfix release.