Note: If you can't start the game for whatever reason, please make a trac ticket and attach the file WZdebuginfo.txt located in your config directory so we can look at it.
- See also: http://developer.wz2100.net/report/17
We need your help!
Well, in order to try the find the issues with the dialog message being wrong, and also the odd map errors, we have made a new build with more debug info available to try and help us track down what is going on.
Get it here:
windows: http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/bugfix ... 45903e.exe
linux: http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/bugfix ... 03e.tar.gz
Remember, everyone needs to have this version to play together.
We need logs from both the hosts & players!
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.
See BugReporting for details, in short:
- Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
- If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
- If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
- Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
- The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
- When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).
Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don't expect old mods to work either.
2.3 is now officially unsupported.
Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series)
- New terrain renderer*
- Support for 3*/5*/6*/7*/9/10 player maps
- Targetting by line of sight, preventing shooting through terrain or too early*
- Gates in multiplayer games
- New deterministic netcode that makes sure the same things actually happen for all players, should be much more cheating-resistant
- New power system, power is deducted in full at the start, and when power is low, in the order things were queued
- Unit targeting is more intelligent, they won't all shoot one target when one shot is sufficient
- Remove fog of war/mist options in favour of a combined explored/seen mode
- Stored templates. Automatically adds a unit design when all needed research is available
- Command line parameters now need a '=' (which was optional before), e.g. --resolution=1400x1050
- Apple systems: Drop support for PPC and Mac OS X 10.4, add support for 64 bit Intel on Mac OS X 10.6+
- Change: CB sensor also defends allies (313738ed23)
- Change: Structures with no cost to build (oil derricks) deconstruct when abandoned, taking one minute for 100% build progress (5ba90fec42)
- Change: Queue building on burning oil wells, trucks wait until the fire stops (353357b1b6)
- Fix: Pathfinding improvements (d11516795a, 57a56f21c3, f7c6e38aa8)
- Fix: Loading of rearm pads in savegames (#3518, eb3001bd2f)
- Fix: CB fire against mobile targets (#3529, 193eba2a9f)
- Fix: Weapon reloading (74d8086132)
- Fix: Correct unit count of commanders after loading a savegame (#3062, #3513, b3f3b089f1)
- Fix: Correct factory numbers after loading a savegame (#3384, 737b3d9d24)
- Fix: Show correct number of selected units (#3479, 22799c2b26)
- Fix: Player switching in debug mode (#3264, 4a2f7d4399)
- Change: Support texture animations on structures (190c7a99cc, 2d0a089bad, b59fe8bdb5, 07a2a9671b, e636d41472, da433789c3)
- Change: New skybox for urban maps (#3534, aca180e0e8)
- Change: New cliff decals to make cliffs more visible (4a53a0e010)
- Fix: Work better with archaic OpenGL drivers, and add a workaround option to the menu (f54eb00d70, 8b8282cc1f, 0c03151e25, 96272ebf50, f5a7fd52c0, 7867b7abe2, 691df6a183)
- Fix: Placement of droid selection boxes and group/commander numbers (#3547, dd8025d108)
- Change: Add oil barrels to map preview (5b07a7b755)
- Fix: Sensibly handle multiple maps with the same name (#3531, #3180, 15c04ab10f, 2056093027, 1461b3a5a8)
- Fix: Don't crash when a player fails to join a game (bf2483cbd7, 7a0cd2eccf)
- Fix: Don't freeze when a player leaves (#3410, 53ce0a7c38, e0939a0217)
- Fix: Don't desync when a player leaves (35f301b1ba)
- Fix: More consistent ping display (bedd8704f2)
- Fix: When a player freezes, don't block communication (e.g. chat) between the remaining ones (e14c39fb38)
- Fix: Show all players when a player has left (#3461, 00b1968184)
- Fix: Play "Artifact recovered" sound only to the player who actually found it (#3488, acaf4620e0)
- Nerf flamers, mostly by decreasing incendiary damage of flamers, to compensate the fact that it is unaffected by armor type modifiers. Also decrease incendiary radius to prevent ground flamers from causing incendiary damage to walls.
* Inferno: price 80->110, incendiary radius 64->48, incendiary damage 40->32
* Thermite Cyborg: incendiary damage 38->32
* Plasmite: price 80->130, incendiary radius 96->60, incendiary damage 63->50
* incendiary Mortar: price 150->200, pit price 135->170, incendiary damage 30->22
* incendiary Howitzer: price 250->300, emplacement price 325->400, incendiary damage 60->32
* Thermite Bombs: incendiary damage 200->120
* Plasmite Bombs: incendiary damage 200->140
- Nerf machineguns to compensate the ROF fix that used to decrease with game FPS.
* HMG: damage 18->17
* AG: fire pause 3->4, damage 20->19
* TAG: price 100->120, fire pause 3->4, damage 30->28
* AG Cyborg: fire pause 4->5, damage 20->18
* MG: ROF upgrades 15%/30%/45% -> 17%/34%/50%.
* Whirlwind: fire pause 3->4
- Slightly nerf rocket branch in comparison to cannons. Most importantly, nerf MRAs to compensate the fix in indirect fire mechanics.
* Minipod: range 1152->1088
* MRA: damage 34->29, splash damage 30->29, reload time 145->165
* MC: research points 4800->3600
* HPV: research points 7200->4800
- Make T3 missiles homing, making use of the new homing-indirect targeting class. Nerf Seraphs to compensate that fact.
* Seraph: damage 120->110, splash 100->90, targeting class INDIRECT->HOMING-INDIRECT
* Archangel: targeting class INDIRECT->HOMING-INDIRECT
- Make walls effective even after gates are invented.
* Gates: price 25->75
- Make cannon fortresses cheaper, while nerfing range, in order to make them usable in low oil matchups and less effective in high-oil settings.
* Cannon Fortress: price 1000->900, range 1792->1408
- Update: Polish (#1347, 9fc92b7d64)
- Update: French (#3483, #3512, badb8c05cb, 113796a9d6)
- Update: Hungarian (#3485, d74ebad6a3)
- Update: Turkish (#3486, a400fe055f)
- Update: Dutch (#3484, c46d2d56ea)
Full list of changes since 3.1_beta10: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... 3.1_beta11
As usual, downloads can be found on our Download page or directly on Sourceforge.