3.1 beta8 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
User avatar
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 1819
Joined: 02 Oct 2010, 18:44

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by Iluvalar » 27 Apr 2012, 15:41

Cyp wrote:
Iluvalar wrote:
Cyp wrote:There aren't any "better" or "worse" desynchs.
The "synching" mechanism in 2.3 that try to make competing universe look more similar to each other render the desynch lot more bearable than in 3.1 where parallel universe simply diverge more and more...
desynch in 3.1 [...] is worse.
Victory ! You found 43 GP \o/
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.

Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani
Posts: 780
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 23:35

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by Cyp » 27 Apr 2012, 20:38

Iluvalar wrote:
Cyp wrote:There aren't any "better" or "worse" desynchs.
The "synching" mechanism in 2.3 that try to make competing universe look more similar to each other render the desynch lot more bearable than in 3.1 where parallel universe simply diverge more and more...
The "synching" mechanism in 2.3 that try to make competing universe look more similar to each other render the desynch lot more bearable than in 3.1 where parallel universe simply diverge more and more...
…that …i…s… m…s…l…ea…d…in…g…
that is msleading
That is misleading? What do you mean? Do you mean you just did an out-of-context quote?

crass
Trained
Trained
Posts: 113
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 02:26

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by crass » 27 Apr 2012, 20:47

I am confused doesn't 3.1 self correct on desync?

Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani
Posts: 780
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 23:35

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by Cyp » 27 Apr 2012, 20:48

crass wrote:I am confused doesn't 3.1 self correct on desync?
No, it just avoids getting a desynch in the first place, so that it doesn't need to correct anything.

crass
Trained
Trained
Posts: 113
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 02:26

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by crass » 27 Apr 2012, 20:52

huh? when we see that 2+2=5 button show, doesn't that mean it went out of sync but now everything is back to normal?
otherwise it would always be out of sync would it not?

crass
Trained
Trained
Posts: 113
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 02:26

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by crass » 27 Apr 2012, 20:59

I thought it was said you can't cheat on 3.1 but now you said it doesn't correct anything so the cheater will always have more power or units or whatever else they changed.
why not add self correcting game states?

Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani
Posts: 780
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 23:35

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by Cyp » 27 Apr 2012, 21:04

crass wrote:huh? when we see that 2+2=5 button show, doesn't that mean it went out of sync but now everything is back to normal?
otherwise it would always be out of sync would it not?
The "2+2=5" icon just means that the CRC of the game state of the players next to the icon doesn't match yours, which means they are in a different universe than you. If you don't see "2+2=5" (and the game isn't frozen either), the game is in synch.
crass wrote:I thought it was said you can't cheat on 3.1 but now you said it doesn't correct anything so the cheater will always have more power or units or whatever else they changed.
why not add self correcting game states?
The cheating fails specifically because there's no way to correct the game state, so the cheater can't "correct" everyone else's game state. So the cheater's extra power or units or whatever stay on the cheater's machine, without affecting anyone else. Which is about as effective as if the cheater glues a "You win!" sign to their own monitor.

BTW345
New user
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 Apr 2012, 00:31

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by BTW345 » 30 Apr 2012, 00:34

Good :D :lol2: :lol2:

crass
Trained
Trained
Posts: 113
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 02:26

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by crass » 30 Apr 2012, 21:49

Cyp wrote:
crass wrote:I thought it was said you can't cheat on 3.1 but now you said it doesn't correct anything so the cheater will always have more power or units or whatever else they changed.
why not add self correcting game states?
The cheating fails specifically because there's no way to correct the game state, so the cheater can't "correct" everyone else's game state. So the cheater's extra power or units or whatever stay on the cheater's machine, without affecting anyone else. Which is about as effective as if the cheater glues a "You win!" sign to their own monitor.
as long as they are in the game doing cheats it will spam desync errors right ?

Guys, why hasn't beta 9 been released yet? This version is unplayable!

Zapped13
New user
Posts: 4
Joined: 18 Jan 2012, 06:36

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by Zapped13 » 01 May 2012, 21:05

Hello all

Nice game you have here. I went over to Sourceforge to download the beta and there are 8 files to download??? which 1's are the files to download??

Thanks

cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive
Posts: 1693
Joined: 01 Sep 2006, 19:17

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx » 01 May 2012, 22:37

crass wrote:Guys, why hasn't beta 9 been released yet?
Write me a changelog?
We want information... information... information.

User avatar
driver4
Trained
Trained
Posts: 89
Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 09:01

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by driver4 » 02 May 2012, 16:28

... I'm going back to 3.1 beta 1 ;)
Image

crass
Trained
Trained
Posts: 113
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 02:26

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by crass » 02 May 2012, 18:45

cybersphinx wrote:
crass wrote:Guys, why hasn't beta 9 been released yet?
Write me a changelog?
====================================================================================================
Changelog
-------------

Fixed some stuff.
Fixed some more stuff.
Fixed some stuff that was fixed before and got broken then fixed again.

For details look at the commit log.

====================================================================================================

done! :lecture:

zebra_d
New user
Posts: 2
Joined: 05 Mar 2012, 22:54

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by zebra_d » 03 May 2012, 20:22

I play beta 7 for now.

crass
Trained
Trained
Posts: 113
Joined: 21 Mar 2012, 02:26

Re: 3.1 beta8 has been released!

Post by crass » 04 May 2012, 23:19


Post Reply