Post by zany »

Rman Virgil wrote:.
zany is just being 'zany' & living up to the meaning of his nick. :lol2:
:lol2: not in this case though :stare:
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: 3.1 beta7 has been released!

Post by MaNGusT »

Per wrote:zany - what the heck is wrong with you?

Stop the fricking' complaining all the time. It is getting really annoying. Don't make duplicate posts. And it is clear from the above that you don't even understand the discussion. And I'm not a "they".
olololo... I wonder to read this while my "same" post has been removed. XD but sorry for off-topic, I really don't care.
i-NoD
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by i-NoD »

zany wrote:
cybersphinx wrote:
Per wrote:zany - what the heck is wrong with you?
Read too much Phoronix?
what? O_o
I'm wondering too... Is Larabel whining too much lately or what?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

i-NoD wrote:I'm wondering too... Is Larabel whining too much lately or what?
Maybe not lately, but I remember some articles about how we're all doomed and Linux would suck because of a regression in some prerelease version.
We want information... information... information.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Blah, I would blame Phoronix only about misinformation about some topics from time to time (that guy isn't expert in every topic which he covers, that is sure).
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
helo1200
Greenhorn

Post by helo1200 »

just downloaded beta.

has the weirdest crash after playing for ~10 min on windows.
works fine on linux though ?
I speak English/Español.
/) Brohoof?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Could you please reopen this ticket :
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3287

I cant play more than 10 minutes either...
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Siber
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Siber »

In the past, I've played Warzone with my friends extensively, playing comp-stomps with four humans aligned against the AI menace. In the 2.x series we'd often encounter plenty strange issues that we chalked up to poor synchronization, such as enemy units that were visible to player A but not visible to player B, though player B could see his buildings and units exploding as they were shot.. So when we saw the new versions having advertise new netcode, we got pretty excited. But tonight we finally got a game of beta7 together, and the game was much less synchronized. Part way through "2+2=5?" icons appeared on all our screens, and then the game began to diverge wildly. I spent all game trying to defeat one enemy player that everyone else had gotten together and destroyed already on their screen. A second enemy was killed by two different players at different times. Different oil resources were claimed by different players on different screens. Two players got a game victory at the same time, while everyone else still had 2-3 remaining enemy AIs to kill. On my screen one of my allies tank armies never left its base.

So I have to ask, is this normal? Do these kinds of desynchs show up for everyone else? Especially in these new versions?
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

In the 2.x versions, there was a lot of synchronisation code (which didn't really work very well).

In 3.1, that synchronisation code is gone, and instead it relies on the game running deterministically, so it's automatically the same on all clients without explicit synchronisation.

It's not normal that the "2+2=5" shows up. But if it does, it means something went wrong, so there won't be any kind of synchronisation from then on (unless it somehow manages to by accident (which is unlikely), in which case the "2+2=5" disappears again).
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

In beta7 the dancing tanks bug isnt fixed(it was fixed in beta6).
And when a truck has to go somewhere and there are tanks in the middle of the way, the truck pushes the tanks, but they wont move.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Siber
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Siber »

IIRC 2+2=5 has appeared on pretty much every game of the beta3 series me and my circle of friends has played, but I haven't rigorously tested it. Is there a body of experience showing this to be unique to us?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I had seen 2+2=5 only two times so far, both cases have been fixed and happened a few versions ago. Played dozens of games on 3.1+ and earlier master snapshots.
beta3
:?:
Siber
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Siber »

by beta3 I meant betas of the 3.x series. My bad.
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Well as an old school T1 player, I hate the fact you need to build the HQ just to make trucks, there is no way to justify this to me and needs to go back the way it was. Hell the AI can make trucks without the HQ and they are getting trucks out faster then you.

Also I don't understand why some of my factories could not build tanks, I had to redo all my vehicles to show up in the factory, all this is doing is making you micro-manage part of the game you never had to, and that's not fun the idea is to have fun not baby sit every step a long the way.

4nE