This is the new 3.0 codebase, and we can use some testing to help us iron out the issues.
We do not plan to do another 2.3.x release.
Special thanks goes to (in alphabetical order):
Forum member Berg, for the TCmask models, and textures.
Corvuscorax for fixing it so you can't shoot through terrain now.
Forum member Flail13 for enabling X-player map support in FlaME 1.10 (or higher!)
Forum member MaNGusT for creating the new terrain textures and updating all the required files.
Things to check for in this release:
- Is everything rendered correctly ?
- How do the new terrain textures look ?
- Testing that you really can't shoot through terrain.
- Testing the new MP transport, we need feedback on balance and everything else involved with it.
- Testing maps with 3/5/6/7 players. Build said maps with FlaME 1.10+ via the checkbox next to X-players (beta)!
- Performance issues (The new terrain renderer requires a bit more power from your graphics card.)
- Anything else that seems different / wrong.
Please submit all bugs via this link, and follow the directions listed at the link, we need every bit of that information in order to fix bugs!
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... e/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... g/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... z/download
2010-10-18: Version pre-3.0-1
- New: Support for 3/5/6/7 player maps (7836d26509)
- Change: Targetting now works by line of sight, prevents shooting through terrain or too early (#2151, 80b27a9a48)
- New: Backport the new terrain renderer and team color masks for units from trunk/master (commits:lots)
- Change: Add new terrain textures by Mangust (#2013)
- Change: Add Super Transport with a capacity of 10 slots (cyborgs/small units 1 take slot, medium units 2 slots, heavy units 3 slots), prerequisite: Cyborg Transport (12b7dfad70)
- Change: Backport AI improvements from master (4335203ddb)