2.3 Beta 3 is out!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

2.3 Beta 3 is out!

Post by Buginator »

The developer staff brings you the release of Warzone 2100 2.3 Beta 3.

This release has squashed some more bugs from beta 2, and a few new things were added as well.

The main point of these beta releases is to get as much feedback as we can for the newer netcode, and we need to see how much better this code is compared to the older code.

Call for help with testing!
We need everyone to test multiplayer games, we just don't have enough devs to play full 8 player games!
We need to know about sync issues, and everything else multiplayer related, as well as any other issues in campaign games.
Help us make the 2.3.0 release better!

***NOTE: 2.3 games can't play with 2.2.x games!
Everyone must use the same version to play. So update today! :3

For a complete list see the Changelog.

As always: Please report all bugs, without them, we can't fix them!
Since there is some confusion on how to handle bug reports, I have decided to post the bug reporting guidelines here:

Bug Reporting
Bugs are different kinds of errors and glitches that sometimes can even lead to crashes. Due to the limited resources of the Warzone 2100 Project not everything can be tested prior to release. In order to be able to fix those bugs we need you to report those bugs. For the bug reports to be the most helpful we put up this page as a guide to writing good bug reports.

How to report bugs
  • Use the search to find out, if your bug has not been reported yet.
  • If you did find it there and you have more information than was provided by the original reporter, add your information.
  • If you did not find it, submit a new bug report
  • Write something meaningful into the summary. Not just "I found a bug", but instead write "Crash when building units" (for example).
  • Give a very detailed description of the bug and how to reproduce it. This is the most important information!
  • If you are using the trunk version from Subversion, be sure to add the used revision, too.
  • If you are using a version from a package repository, be sure to add information on the package.
  • State which operating system and version of it you are running. This includes the service pack under Windows and the distribution on Linux.
  • Information about the game options you chose and the drivers (video/audio) you use and your hardware is very useful to us.
  • Additionally you could provide backtraces, logfiles, screenshots and other additional information you can get as an attachment. (Backtraces in pastebins ("nopaste") or on upload sites are NOT useful.)
  • Savegames that can reproduce the issue are very much welcomed! Package the savegamename.gam, savegamename.es (if exists), and everything in the savegamename folder as well in a zip file.
  • If you can, please attach the crash mini dump file to your bug report. If you are using an executable you compiled yourself, please attach the executable as well, so that the developers can use it to extract information from the dump file.
  • On Windows, you can find stderr.txt & warzone2100.RPT (crash dump file) in the same directory as warzone2100.exe is in.
  • On Linux, you can find the crash dump in /tmp.
Now that you know all this, use http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket to create a bug report!
Thanks!

As always, download from http://wz2100.net/download

2009-11-29: Version 2.3.0 beta 3
* General:
* Change: Windows installer updated, and allows user to choose video to download (r8561, ticket:1111)
* Fix: Make Warzone work correctly in Mac OS X again. (r8469, r8481)
* Fix: Some crashes. (r8478, r8498, ticket:1099)
* Gameplay:
* Fix: Friendly fire wasn't working correctly. (r8496)
* Fix: REALLY REALLY make sure AIs can't build on burning oil resources. (r8493)
* Multiplayer:
* Change: Put UPnP device detection into a background thread. (r8563)
* Change: Multiplayer game setup screen changes including sort by position and show info for AIs (r8559)
* Fix: Games with exactly 5 players no longer have template issues. (r8500)
* Fix: Map transfers improved. (r8533, ticket:1104)
* Fix: When host drops a game, broadcast a dropped message. (r8538)
* Fix: Player count in lobby. (r8538)
* Campaign:
* Fix: Transport works correctly in campaign now. (r8540)
* Graphics:
* Change: Backport building blueprints from trunk. (r8562)
* Change: Make use of the new scavenger icons (ticket:1093, r8488)
and it ends here.
yamar
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.3 Beta 3 is out!

Post by yamar »

the mac download doesn't seem to be working... It will load about 4 megs then say that the download is done.

Cheers, Yamar
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

yamar wrote:the mac download doesn't seem to be working... It will load about 4 megs then say that the download is done.
Okay. I'm retiring it until I can get a better internet connection to upload.
ralfralfevil
Greenhorn

Post by ralfralfevil »

i cant download v2.3 beta 3
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

ralfralfevil wrote:i cant download v2.3 beta 3
You aren't only one, you could read whole (and this one is very small...) topic before posting read whole topic.

Try this link:
http://www.il.fontys.nl/~giel/warzone-r ... _beta3.exe
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

Zarel, is there an estimated time for the mac bata to go up again? specifically the no video one? :)

Cheers, Yamar
heatwave
Trained
Trained

Post by heatwave »

Downloaded just fine on my Mac. Took way longer than usual, though.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

yamar wrote:Zarel, is there an estimated time for the mac bata to go up again? specifically the no video one? :)
I was done yesterday, but Sourceforge is having problems uploading them. I'll have to upload to the Guide if it comes to that, but until then, I'm just waiting.

Okay, that's it, I'm uploading novideo to the Guide: http://guide.wz2100.net/files/builds/2. ... ovideo.dmg
yamar
Trained
Trained

Post by yamar »

thank you Zarel, the download went fine and it appears to run fine, but I will give it a better test after school :) .

Cheers, Yamar
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Apparently, no version of Warzone since 2.2.4 supports online play between PPC processor users and x86 processor users. I've heard people complaining about being kicked out for no reason, but I haven't had any reason to suspect they were caused by endianness issues.

Anyway, here's a special custom build that fixes endianness issues. It should be downloaded only if you have a PPC Mac:

http://guide.wz2100.net/files/builds/2. ... ppcfix.zip

Otherwise, grab the official build of 2.3 beta 3 from the Download page.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Every time I try to host a game I get the message "Error with communicating with the lobby server: Connection timed out."
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Kacen wrote:Every time I try to host a game I get the message "Error with communicating with the lobby server: Connection timed out."
Forward port 2100... See FAQ for details.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Zarel wrote:
Kacen wrote:Every time I try to host a game I get the message "Error with communicating with the lobby server: Connection timed out."
Forward port 2100... See FAQ for details.
I am completely unable to do that. I thought this would fix that error but I am unable to forward my port. My modem doesn't allow it.

I don't have to do it for any other game why this one?
Thyranim
Trained
Trained

Post by Thyranim »

when aou're having only a normal modem, diretlcy attached to your pc, you cannot forward any port.
for this you would need a router. and whan you have a router, than you have to forward ports.
so no router = no need to forward anyting.
perhaps a firewall blocking traffic?