2.2.4 is released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Re: 2.2.4 is released!

Post by -Kosh- »

themousemaster wrote:So the game is not Network-capable with older versions.

Big question of the day:

If I update my version to 2.2.4 from 2.2RC1, would my savegames break, requiring me to restart my campaign for the guide walkthrough?

(as the only change I see of note to the SP campaign that would change the guide as-is is the AA homing, I'm not sure it would make much difference in all but 2 stages, but...)
AFAIK you can use old savegames. I just tried it and they loaded fine.
Why were you using such a old version of the game anyway?
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

themousemaster wrote:So the game is not Network-capable with older versions.
That's not really something new, what's new is the game refusing to play with older versions to prevent the problems that might cause.
If I update my version to 2.2.4 from 2.2RC1, would my savegames break, requiring me to restart my campaign for the guide walkthrough?
Savegames shouldn't break through the whole 2.2 series, if they do, file a bug.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

-Kosh- wrote: AFAIK you can use old savegames. I just tried it and they loaded fine.
Why were you using such a old version of the game anyway?
Alright.

I was using it because I volunteered to write a new guide for WZ2.2... I got through alpha, then real life got int he way, and I've been down to 1 stage every weekend since, and sometimes not even that. I'm gonna finish BETA this weekend.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

cybersphinx wrote:That's not really something new, what's new is the game refusing to play with older versions to prevent the problems that might cause.
Yes it is; at least since 2.1, bugfix releases have been netcode-compatible.
cybersphinx wrote:Savegames shouldn't break through the whole 2.2 series, if they do, file a bug.
In fact, 2.2 can still load savegames from 2.1, and maybe even 2.0...
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Zarel wrote:
cybersphinx wrote:That's not really something new, what's new is the game refusing to play with older versions to prevent the problems that might cause.
Yes it is; at least since 2.1, bugfix releases have been netcode-compatible.
The protocol, ok, but since we don't have an authoritative server but require all clients to agree on what happens, any change of behaviour in the engine might cause desyncs.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

cybersphinx wrote:The protocol, ok, but since we don't have an authoritative server but require all clients to agree on what happens, any change of behaviour in the engine might cause desyncs.
I dunno about you, but I always write my patches to stable branches minimize desyncs...
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

I wonder if all versions are final ones now, as we had beta versions and release candidates too some time ago!
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

* Command Center must be built before MG tower can be researched

Zarel, the MG-tower comes a bit later now, but I can research and build MG towers soon, no need to build up the command center!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

themac wrote:* Command Center must be built before MG tower can be researched

Zarel, the MG-tower comes a bit later now, but I can research and build MG towers soon, no need to build up the command center!
Can you give me more details about what's going on here?
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

I did had a couple of crashes in the middle of a multi game.. and still have some problems on people joining game online.

Sometimes when a user joins, it comes without player number... and sometimes it joins but it does not shows on the players list... stuff like that... and mostly people joining and crash to desktop no warning, only closes.
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

winsrp wrote:I did had a couple of crashes in the middle of a multi game.. and still have some problems on people joining game online.

Sometimes when a user joins, it comes without player number... and sometimes it joins but it does not shows on the players list... stuff like that... and mostly people joining and crash to desktop no warning, only closes.
The change log does not show any changes to the net code.
Timber Wolf
New user

Post by Timber Wolf »

I'm having a problem with this new version myself. Whenever I try to play online, it tells me that I don't have the right version. The only version I ever downloaded was this 2.2.4, last night! So how come I don't have the right one? O_O

That, and there's a little warning on the bottom of my screen that says "Enter Password" or something like that. Password? Where do I get one of those? XD
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

Timber Wolf wrote:I'm having a problem with this new version myself. Whenever I try to play online, it tells me that I don't have the right version. The only version I ever downloaded was this 2.2.4, last night! So how come I don't have the right one? O_O

That, and there's a little warning on the bottom of my screen that says "Enter Password" or something like that. Password? Where do I get one of those? XD
You have 2.2.4 they do not have the same version so you can not join.
The password thingy is for when games want a password that is where you enter it. Yeah it is weird how that was done blame the GUI from what I read.
Last edited by -Kosh- on 15 Oct 2009, 05:48, edited 1 time in total.
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

I just noticed that on sourceforge there are no videos hosted except for the mac and those are the low quality versions.
The last few releases all had low quality vids.
Even on this page http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/g ... e2100.html it has low quality version.

The most shocking thing I see is as of this post, macs have 1872 downloads and windows has 1916.
Linux is but a small blip. Zarel, can you get stats from that apple link?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

-Kosh- wrote:
winsrp wrote:I did had a couple of crashes in the middle of a multi game.. and still have some problems on people joining game online.

The change log does not show any changes to the net code.
Yeah, the bug winsrp is talking about has been around for a long time.
-Kosh- wrote:I just noticed that on sourceforge there are no videos hosted except for the mac and those are the low quality versions.
The last few releases all had low quality vids.
Even on this page http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/g ... e2100.html it has low quality version.
If you want high quality videos, install the No Video version, and download the high quality videos, and put them in ~/Library/Warzone 2100 2.2/sequences.wz
-Kosh- wrote:The most shocking thing I see is as of this post, macs have 1872 downloads and windows has 1916.
Linux is but a small blip. Zarel, can you get stats from that apple link?
Nope.

We have so many Mac downloads mostly because we're on Apple Downloads. We're not on very many Windows downloads websites.