Release 4.2.7

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Release 4.2.7

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

iddi01 wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 10:31 What i don't like: changing Cobra AI, it's now almost a new AI; changing Nexus AI, what about the old players?; making Nullbot the default AI, Nullbot isn't that good, although now it's fixed. also it seems that you like NoQ very much, the new Nexus, Cobra, and Semperfi AIs all kinda follow its coding style. Maybe you should prefer other programmers more;
I am the creator of Cobra AI and I'm always tweaking it so expect it to evolve a lot. Though I think there isn't much else I can add to it that would be worth the effort. Current versions of it are far superior than what I had long ago.

Nexus had to be rewritten in a new scripting language so we could do away with the WzScript system which was extremely bug prone. Most people thought it would be a waste of time to save it, though, I did a port of it anyway and now it serves as an AI meant to train beginners. Hence, why it is the default AI yet again cause new players thought NullBot was too hard.

I'm not too sure my code style matches NoQ's style in either AIs or the campaign scripts. :lol2:
iddi01 wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 10:31 Known bugs: Nullbot doesn't work since 4.2.1. The API shouldn't change, only add, otherwise old AIs wouldn't work.
NullBot comes with the game and is working for me. I'm sure many bug reports would have come in from 1.5 years ago if it were truly broken. If you are downloading a mod of it for 3.x versions then that could be the issue. NoQ doesn't have the time anymore to update it so whatever is in the game releases is the latest stuff.
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

Please keep Nexus, any other AI will crush casual players no matter the difficulty level.
iddi01
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iddi01 »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 23 Sep 2022, 22:45
iddi01 wrote: 22 Sep 2022, 10:31 What i don't like: changing Cobra AI, it's now almost a new AI; changing Nexus AI, what about the old players?; making Nullbot the default AI, Nullbot isn't that good, although now it's fixed. also it seems that you like NoQ very much, the new Nexus, Cobra, and Semperfi AIs all kinda follow its coding style. Maybe you should prefer other programmers more;
I am the creator of Cobra AI and I'm always tweaking it so expect it to evolve a lot. Though I think there isn't much else I can add to it that would be worth the effort. Current versions of it are far superior than what I had long ago.

Nexus had to be rewritten in a new scripting language so we could do away with the WzScript system which was extremely bug prone. Most people thought it would be a waste of time to save it, though, I did a port of it anyway and now it serves as an AI meant to train beginners. Hence, why it is the default AI yet again cause new players thought NullBot was too hard.

I'm not too sure my code style matches NoQ's style in either AIs or the campaign scripts. :lol2:
Of course, Nexus has just been translated, however Nexus has surely been tweaked in the process, making it weaker, and i don't like this.

And i thought the changing of the Cobra AI doesn't involve you, the creator of that AI.
The latest version is not the best. Some mods and AIs needs older versions.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

I think we should get a modern AI that is being trained via neural network. Unfortunately this exceeds my programming abilities yet. :(
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

themac wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 08:04 I think we should get a modern AI that is being trained via neural network. Unfortunately this exceeds my programming abilities yet. :(
I'm honestly curious, are players here finding the current AIs easy to beat? Do the AIs rely on cheating?
iddi01
Rookie
Rookie

Post by iddi01 »

Zarax wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 11:54
themac wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 08:04 I think we should get a modern AI that is being trained via neural network. Unfortunately this exceeds my programming abilities yet. :(
I'm honestly curious, are players here finding the current AIs easy to beat? Do the AIs rely on cheating?
Well, yes.
Playing against three Hard Nullbot AIs is Medium difficulty challenge.
The latest version is not the best. Some mods and AIs needs older versions.
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

iddi01 wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 14:19
Zarax wrote: 09 Oct 2022, 11:54
Well, yes.
Playing against three Hard Nullbot AIs is Medium difficulty challenge.
I must truly suck at it, Nexus medium is as far as I go.
noob56
New user

Post by noob56 »

Unfortunately there are too many cheaters in the game, in 1 vs 1 games there are players who get 50 units in 20 seconds usually only arson cyborgs, I hope they can correct these problems in future updates, thanks