3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by vexed »

If you are trying Warzone 2100 3.3.0 for the first time, please run through Campaign, and try to break it.

I don't mean break it by using debug commands, that is cheating.

We want to have a rock solid release, and we need people to test every aspect of Campaigns, saving / loading on missions, away missions and so on.

Also report any balance issue you think need attention.

Thanks!
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: 3.3.0 (beta) Campaign issues

Post by Berg »

The Tarball don't work it's not even set to the right version in SF

If you want to get the git version first you need to get master and then switch to 3.3.0-beta1
To get master

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100.git
in the folder you want to store warzone
Then you can change to the 3.3.0-beta1 branch with the below commands

I did

git pull --tags
in the master version
Then change the branch to 3.3.0-beta1
with

git checkout 3.3.0-beta1
Then compile it using the commands.

./autogen.sh
./configure &&  make
After you have compiled it you can.

./src/warzone2100
And you are ready I hope!!!
Darkling
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Darkling »

I'm playing through the campaign for the first time in a while and there's one thing I'm finding a little infuriating. I don't know if it's a new "feature" since I'm playing somewhat differently from when I first went through the campaign (3.1.5 ish). I'm playing the last alpha mission and have three groups in action: a half track group working it's way along the path and two hover groups working towards the other enemy base entrance. What's happening is that I'll set a hover group (bombards attached to a sensor) to attack a target (a bunker) and then focus on my halftracks. The next time I look the at sensor (or the third group, heavy cannon attached to a commander) they will be following an enemy unit into back into the enemy base. I'd never used it myself but it seems a bit like the old pursue order that was dropped is the new default. Sure I can use the hold order to stop them running off, but I'd like to be able to set the bomabrds to attack a target without having them decide on a suicide mission once my back is turned...
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Darkling wrote: 03 Mar 2019, 08:19 I'm playing through the campaign for the first time in a while and there's one thing I'm finding a little infuriating. I don't know if it's a new "feature"...
Orders logic is all funky and probably more broken than we think. I am attempting to restore the pursue, guard, and hold secondary states and noticed this also. The problem is, at least in 3.2+, guarding units are being set to attack the moment they can hit/observe something if not primary holding. Primary hold does help in this situation, however, being that it is a primary order, it will revert the instant a new order is issued (like moving) and go back to the buggy guard order.

There was never any pursue order to begin with. It's just a complex series of hoping some if statements somewhere takes into account a primary order of doing nothing while in a certain secondary state or not. It's all in dire need of a rewrite.

If you want you could test my patches here
Quenton
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Quenton »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 03 Mar 2019, 19:11 There was never any pursue order to begin with. It's just a complex series of hoping some if statements somewhere takes into account a primary order of doing nothing while in a certain secondary state or not. It's all in dire need of a rewrite.

If you want you could test my patches here
yes there was

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12197&start=30

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDn39xoQiSE[/youtube]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDn39xoQiSE

can someone fix [youtube][/youtube] it not working
Quenton
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Quenton »

https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... ced83cafcc
that change is wrong

it should no be 100% accurate now it change balance!

can no report on trac it is broken 502 error
CaptainCosmotic
New user

Post by CaptainCosmotic »

Hey, I just played Warzone 2100 3.3.0 beta and these are the issues I found in the last 3 hours.
1. If you zoom out over 4000 all your buildings and units become darker. Looks like a lighting issue.
2. I use a 5.1 setup and the audio focus is way off. I hear explosions out of my surround (back) speakers even if the units are nearly on the top of my screen. This bothers me a lot.
3. In one of the campaign missions where you have to build a forward base on the plateau, there is no marker on the map where to build this base. I had to look at the video several times to find the exact location. (I think this is more of a feature request)
4. The German translation has some issues. In your research reports, there are still English names for all your technology. Also If you select a unit the health points e.a. 370/370 is named Schaden (it is translating to damage)

Thank you never less for your amazing work
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

CaptainCosmotic wrote: Hey, I just played Warzone 2100 3.3.0 beta and these are the issues I found in the last 3 hours.
1. If you zoom out over 4000 all your buildings and units become darker. Looks like a lighting issue.
2. I use a 5.1 setup and the audio focus is way off. I hear explosions out of my surround (back) speakers even if the units are nearly on the top of my screen. This bothers me a lot.
3. In one of the campaign missions where you have to build a forward base on the plateau, there is no marker on the map where to build this base. I had to look at the video several times to find the exact location. (I think this is more of a feature request)
4. The German translation has some issues. In your research reports, there are still English names for all your technology. Also If you select a unit the health points e.a. 370/370 is named Schaden (it is translating to damage)

Thank you never less for your amazing work
Point 3 is indeed no bug but a feature request. The solution is simpler than it looks like. The area is really huge and it's enough if you build seven structures (i.e. six MG tower and one repair facility) in the small valley where the blinking green dot is at the beginning of Alpha 07. As soon as the green dot disappears you have built enough structures in the right area.

For the problem with the research reports already ticket #4843 exist.
At the moment I'm working with Kreuvf on an update for the German translation and your feedback for the hitpoints translation will be included.
Quenton
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Quenton »

Quenton wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 22:56 https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... ced83cafcc
that change is wrong

it should no be 100% accurate now it change balance!

can no report on trac it is broken 502 error
trac still broken
please revert above to fix balance
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

CaptainCosmotic wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:16 1. If you zoom out over 4000 all your buildings and units become darker. Looks like a lighting issue.
Fixed in 456a74edb1fa76e66bf8e0e2c888b54c0b5c6299.
CaptainCosmotic wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:16 3. In one of the campaign missions where you have to build a forward base on the plateau, there is no marker on the map where to build this base. I had to look at the video several times to find the exact location. (I think this is more of a feature request)
I agree we need to better visualize this kind of thing (show a label area in non-debug mode, maybe). The green blip will turn off to let the player know they built enough, or, on if more structures are needed.

Quenton wrote: please revert above to fix balance
Done. I still believe that kind of change will have huge implications that can not be solved as things are. Current balance allows escaping a volley of these missiles, but a for-sure hit is a death sentence for any unlucky unit. We can revisit this in the camBalance mod as I mentioned before.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

CaptainCosmotic wrote: 09 Mar 2019, 16:16 [...]
The German translation is being completely redone.

Please try the latest master branch for the newer translation, and report any
remaining problems in #4845. Alfred007 and Kreuvf are probably
going to finish the re-translation project until the next release.
AndrewTheOnly
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AndrewTheOnly »

So after all, you kept the campaign how it was and just rewrote it to JavaScript?
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

AndrewTheOnly wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 14:57 So after all, you kept the campaign how it was and just rewrote it to JavaScript?
With which version do you want to compare the current one?

The changes from 3.2.3 to 3.3.0 beta1 are posted here. These and all other changes from every version are listed in the Changelog file in the doc folder of the installed game.

I was part of the testing team for the rewrote to JavaScript so if you have any specific question about changes in comparison to v3.2.3 or v3.1.5 you can ask me. I never played v1.10 so for questions about this version I can't help you.
AndrewTheOnly
Rookie
Rookie

Post by AndrewTheOnly »

alfred007 wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 15:49
AndrewTheOnly wrote: 10 Mar 2019, 14:57 So after all, you kept the campaign how it was and just rewrote it to JavaScript?
With which version do you want to compare the current one?

The changes from 3.2.3 to 3.3.0 beta1 are posted here. These and all other changes from every version are listed in the Changelog file in the doc folder of the installed game.

I was part of the testing team for the rewrote to JavaScript so if you have any specific question about changes in comparison to v3.2.3 or v3.1.5 you can ask me. I never played v1.10 so for questions about this version I can't help you.
Thanks for the response. What I meant was that I sometimes downloaded the campaign mod you were posting in the other topic, and I remember it had some changes like the artifact location, weapon balance, and the campaign overall was a lot harder than before. Or is that a part of the new insane difficulty I guess?
CaptainCosmotic
New user

Post by CaptainCosmotic »

So I tested the last development build.
Here are my suggestions.
Esc should close the chat Window
Picking a resolution is tedious. This game should start in Desktop resolution and Fullscreen. Or please make a drop-down menu.
The button looking for the new version in the main menu should be bigger/more clear
Why is there always my overall playtime shown on the left bottom?
The squad numbers next to your units are too small and pixelated.