Warzone 2100 2.1 Beta 2 released

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Meinemutter
New user

Re: Warzone 2100 2.1 Beta 2 released

Post by Meinemutter »

Hey, thanks for your work! As far as i can see now you've integrated the One Player Skirmish to Multiplayer games... Therefore i cant decrease game speed anymore (this was absolutely essential for me in games vs. Computer). Or am i missing something?
Also i have encountered two minor issues in the previous release. They dont turn up in the changelog, but both of them got to do with decreasing gamespeed, so i guess they wont show in this release. Anyway: In decreased speeds zooming in and out also became slower (moving the screen, though, was not affected). And secondly I saw that in decreased speeds trucks that were movin up steep terrain remained in their inclined position even when they had reached the top, also moving at the same (slow) speed from then on. Only increasing the speed again made them go back into horizontal position.
anyway thanks again for making an already good game even better ;)
Galaad
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Galaad »

DevUrandom wrote: Yep, we noticed that already... :( All strings containing non-ASCII characters are plain missing.
bug #11277 tracks it.
I hope to get that fixed for the next beta.
Ok, thanks a lot for this version :)
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

it's now running VERY, VERY slow :S about 1 frame per 3 seconds :(
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

I really want to test it, but I don't want to get addicted again (It would definately ruin my exam tomorrow  ;D)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

so wait till your all done with school...  ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
marcmad
Trained
Trained

Post by marcmad »

The traduction in french was not finish and have some problem but me and other look for it. ;)

Great picture :D
The best tactit is to mixted up the great tank,the little tank, the adav and the cyborg. And whit this army, doing great stratégie.

(Je suis un français du quebec. yai!!!)
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Meinemutter wrote: As far as i can see now you've integrated the One Player Skirmish to Multiplayer games... Therefore i cant decrease game speed anymore (this was absolutely essential for me in games vs. Computer). Or am i missing something?
You are selecting "Multi Player Game" -> "One Player Skirmish" right? Because increasing & decreasing speed works fine for me there. You might be hit by bug #11277 though (Text becomes invisible when non-ASCII characters are in it).
Meinemutter wrote: Also i have encountered two minor issues in the previous release. They dont turn up in the changelog, but both of them got to do with decreasing gamespeed, so i guess they wont show in this release.
Well that's the thing with issues/bugs we usually don't know about them so we cannot mention them in our changelog (and if we do know about them we prefer to fix them rather than to just mention them in a changelog). That's why we need people like you to report issues! ;)
Meinemutter wrote: Anyway: In decreased speeds zooming in and out also became slower (moving the screen, though, was not affected).
Thanks, reported as bug #11306.
Meinemutter wrote: And secondly I saw that in decreased speeds trucks that were movin up steep terrain remained in their inclined position even when they had reached the top, also moving at the same (slow) speed from then on. Only increasing the speed again made them go back into horizontal position.
Reported as bug #11308.
Meinemutter wrote: anyway thanks again for making an already good game even better ;)
Thanks for the feedback!

Also if you have anything to add to the above bug reports, please feel free to use the "Post a Comment" option. You can also report bugs yourself (if you wish) using the bug submit form.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

HCN-Trooper wrote: it's now running VERY, VERY slow :S about 1 frame per 3 seconds :(
What hardware you got?  The only time it is that slow is when it isn't hardware accelerated, and this usually happens only on hardware that has crappy openGL support, so things like intel or S3 or Via gfx chipsets, or you have old video drivers installed...
Meinemutter wrote: Anyway: In decreased speeds zooming in and out also became slower (moving the screen, though, was not affected). And secondly I saw that in decreased speeds trucks that were movin up steep terrain remained in their inclined position even when they had reached the top, also moving at the same (slow) speed from then on. Only increasing the speed again made them go back into horizontal position.
anyway thanks again for making an already good game even better ;)
Just a FYI, but Pumpkin did have limits in place so this would not happen, and there is a patch, but it is not in the current beta.
and it ends here.
Lartza
Greenhorn

Post by Lartza »

Some problems I ran into. Is it just because it was the first game with Aivolution? Bots just keep creating army and they wont get out of the base (Only when executing help me). I can't drop a beacon(Not sure if I done it correctly, but it disappears.) When I say "go orange" it says Orange-Aiv is dead. But orange is still in the game and the Aivolution tells me "go Orange-Aiv" followed with "go?". The GFX has gone bad in Beta 2. The flags and some other graphics are odd, not the way they are supposed. The team number is unreadable on 1024x768 reso in multiplayer server menu. You have to guess from it's shape. Also the sounds don't work correctly in the betas. This might already been spotted. I think it happens when lot of sound comin same time. (Didn't notice that in 2.0.x). I also have a question: What are the team colors in Warzone 2100 that Aivolution knows? You should also add language select to the options. Those were what I remebered. Will post more if I notice to help you guys. Great game.

Running Windows XP in 2.0ghz CPU. Graphics card is Intel's integrated 64mb, no external sound card.
PS: I will propably test the beta in linux someday and check if it has same problems or any other.
Last edited by Lartza on 18 Mar 2008, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

I played a little rush game yesterday. I was really surprised. You guys did a GREAT job on the locked team mode and I also liked the game summary. I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post, but here are two suggestions:
- After you click 'continue playing' in the game summary, stop the camera rotation
- Add a menu option to change the language. My native language is Dutch but I want to player in English (for me, Dutch kinda ruins the WZ2100-feel)
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

You can do (2) yourself.
On Windows open up a commandline and do this:

Code: Select all

cd C:\Path\To\Warzone
set LANG=C
warzone2100.exe
On Linux console, using bash:

Code: Select all

LANG=C warzone2100
(If you don't know what "bash" is, it is likely that you are using it. ;) )
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

Thanks, it's fixed now. But a menu-option would make it a lot more user-friendly - I like the fact that you can now change the resolution from the menu. From my experience, I think people often tend to categorize a game as 'more crappy' if they have to go through command-line or config files to change options.  ;)
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

ratarf wrote: Thanks, it's fixed now. But a menu-option would make it a lot more user-friendly - I like the fact that you can now change the resolution from the menu. From my experience, I think people often tend to categorize a game as 'more crappy' if they have to go through command-line or config files to change options.  ;)
Yes, we agree with you on this. Unfortunately we are currently only able to attempt to auto-detect the system language, or set English otherwise. This is because we have no means of auto detecting all available languages/translations.

So it's a known issue, and we'll try to "fix" it.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Nixu__
New user

Post by Nixu__ »

Awensome ! 8) But fix some bugs and then its perfect !  :D :D
Jimmbob
Trained
Trained

Post by Jimmbob »

just going to say what an excellent game this is becoming!

the idea of multiple weapons is great!!

I totally love this game *bows* thank you for making this, just I shame I don’t have the knowledge to help =(

Jimmbob
The Allmighty Jimmbob! =)
XFire JimmethBobeth
Ingame Name Jimmeth