may I introduce to you the marvelous Warzone 2100 version 2.1 beta 2!
This time we bring you:
- Translations to various languages: german (95% complete), italian (35%), french (25%), dansk (13%), dutch (11%) and russian (9%)
- Font issues fixed
- New menu backdrops
- Some visual and performance improvements
Of course you can find the full list of changes in the ChangeLog.
Distributors should note that Warzone 2100 will work with QuesoGLC 0.6 and higher, but not with 0.7.0. This is because that version contains an incompatibility to some graphics drivers which was fixed in 0.7.1.
Most known issues from beta 1 persist:
- Savegames from the 2.0 series can not be loaded with this version.
- The multiplayer code has become a lot more stable than it was, but running out of sync still happens. Though it now happens less often and the sync differences are smaller.
- The game in general still aborts a lot in debug builds due to failed assertions.
You can find Windows binaries and the sourcecode in our downloads section.
Distributors are advised to include this patch which fixes the encoding for non UTF-8 locales, so translated strings can be rendered by QuesoGLC.
Windows users on non-english systems should get the revised version of the beta 2, which fixes the problem with missing strings. (bug #11277)