Warzone 2100 2.1 Beta 1 released

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
Teifion
Greenhorn

Re: Warzone 2100 2.1 Beta 1 released

Post by Teifion »

Kamaze wrote: There is a xcodeproject inlcuded, in the "macosx" folder.
//DevUrandom: That XCode project afaik does everything necessary to compile Warzone 2100, including download of the dependencies, compiling them, and so on.
It does indeed download the dependancies, that part was very helpful. The unhelpful part was that after doing a lot of complicated looking stuff it said "Build Failed". I repeated a couple of times just to make sure and the process repeated. I've included a copy of the terminal output. I'm running Leopard which has a newer set of build tools than Tiger. But since it didn't give me a reason why it failed I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks.
Attachments
terminalOutput.txt
(175.25 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

ouch wrote: lol, now I'm missing flex.exe
You should find everything you need here.
?topic=1617.0
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

problem is I don't know what I need now...

I'm getting these missing files: audp_parser.tab.c, audp_parser.tab.h, GL/glc.h, strres_parser.tab.h, chat_parser.tab.h, resource_parser.tab.c, script_parser.tab.h, script_parser.tab.c, scriptvals_parser.tab.h

I'm sure it's missing more than that, but it's a start...
The Commander
Trained
Trained

Post by The Commander »

* New: Video options menu to allow for things such as resolution to be
          changed without needing to manually edit the config file.
This doesnt seem to come up on the options screen when you first start the game, I had to start a mission then quit to the main menu then these options appherd.
Stargate Mod
Andariel
Greenhorn

Post by Andariel »

*enduseralarm*

any idea how to quick fix the font error? would like to play a bit before work and i want to see the multi turret implention (im very anxious about that gausscommander/hellstormlancer/heavycannonmgs/etc just sound funstuff)
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

DevUrandom wrote: It does NOT have to be "etc\fonts", but only "fonts".
Inside that directory there should be a "fonts.conf" file. Search for "CUSTOMFONTDIR" (that exact string) in it. Is it present? Or did I make a mistake when creating the installer?
Troman wrote: I see. No shouting please. Ok? Thanks. ;)

Looks like the font folder is not the problem, since it works ok on one of my machines but on another one the menu text is not rendered.
Well, your both right/wrong. 
*IF* you have the build built by devurandom, what he says applies.
*IF* you have the build that is built by MSVC, then what Troman wrote applies.  Though, unless you built it yourself, then you can't download the MSVC built build.

This is all because of the crappy fontconfig support on windows.
and it ends here.
Andariel
Greenhorn

Post by Andariel »

wooo windows, the best sold bug on earth
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

ouch wrote: problem is I don't know what I need now...

I'm getting these missing files: audp_parser.tab.c, audp_parser.tab.h, GL/glc.h, strres_parser.tab.h, chat_parser.tab.h, resource_parser.tab.c, script_parser.tab.h, script_parser.tab.c, scriptvals_parser.tab.h

I'm sure it's missing more than that, but it's a start...
Those get created by flex & bison.
Do as Troman said, and download the dev files from GNA, stick them in your source directory, open up the .sln file, and build the project.
If you have errors, then post them, but if you do NOT have flex/bison installed correctly and they are not in your search path, then MSVC can't find them.  Same goes for includes & libs.  You need to tell it where they are.
and it ends here.
trom102176
New user

Post by trom102176 »

I installed the windows version of warzone 2100 2.1 beta 1, and I can't read any of the menu's?. Can anyone help me out with this Thanks
The Commander
Trained
Trained

Post by The Commander »

ZeosPantera wrote: OK.. Warzone Crashed Unexpectedly. Right as I clicked to save my skirmish..

I have the dump file attached.

Still 2.1 rocks.
For some reason all skirmish games that I have tried saving using that AIvolution Mod seem to chrash. Where as if you save the game with no mods or just GrimsGFX it will save fine. There is obvielsy something in the AI mod making WZ chrash.
Stargate Mod
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

//I used the first build in this topic warzone2100-2.1_beta1.exe.

I made a little test with fonts... I saw that if to remove ttf file from directory - nothing happens, I still saw text in game (I try to recreat this bug on my PC), than I remember that I still have thos font in windows folder so I removed it from there too > so Only after this I didnt see a text.

So could smb to install font in windows: goto > Control panel > Fonts > File > Install font.

or copy to C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\
Attachments
Fonts.zip
(2.43 MiB) Downloaded 426 times
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
ouch
Trained
Trained

Post by ouch »

Buginator wrote: Those get created by flex & bison.
Do as Troman said, and download the dev files from GNA, stick them in your source directory, open up the .sln file, and build the project.
If you have errors, then post them, but if you do NOT have flex/bison installed correctly and they are not in your search path, then MSVC can't find them.  Same goes for includes & libs.  You need to tell it where they are.
yes the "bin" directory from those archives are in the exe search path and were extracted to the source directory.

the errors about missing exe files go away so I know it's finding them.

the include and lib dirs are added to the proper search list as well.

searching the drive for the files mentioned yield no results.

as per terminators instructions I still get no text. however I can see the menu text being drawn breifly and then being quickly cleared.
Last edited by ouch on 18 Feb 2008, 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Terminator wrote: //I used the first build in this topic warzone2100-2.1_beta1.exe.

I made a little test with fonts... I saw that if to remove ttf file from directory - nothing happens, I still saw text in game (I try to recreat this bug on my PC), than I remember that I still have thos font in windows folder so I removed it from there too > so Only after this I didnt see a text.

So could smb to install font in windows: goto > Control panel > Fonts > File > Install font.

or copy to C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\
Thanks for this helpfull comment. :)
I'll look again through my patch to fontconfig and do some testing here, to hopefully find out where the fonts went...

Troman: No shouting intended, only wanted to make sure everyone reads it correctly. ;)

Warzone 2100 in Wine has the same font issue shown on the screenshot of mine... Guess QuesoGLC 0.7.0 is rather broken, will experiment with other versions later, and hope to fix the issue for you guys.
Last edited by DevUrandom on 18 Feb 2008, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
mcdebugger
Trained
Trained

Post by mcdebugger »

Good news! Let's try It :)
Hardware: MacBook Pro 13 2015
Software: macOS 10.15 Catalina
Arcadias
Greenhorn

Post by Arcadias »

Could it be that it is working for me because I did not un-install the previous version?