Including fixes for:
- Water rendering performance
- Additional Collective faction textures
- Broken map zoom cycle
- Autosave / saveload issues
- Multiplayer lobby issues
- Procedurally-generated map player positioning
- Compilation / compatibility issues
- ARM64 / Apple Silicon macOS builds
Original 4.0.0 Highlights:
There have been 40 commits since 4.0.0, from many contributors including: Federico Dossena, KJeff01, Maxim Zhuchkov, past-due, Thiago Romão Barcala, Thomas Rupprecht
- New graphics backend support:
- New support for:
- In addition to the existing support for:
- See the new "Graphics Backend" option in the Video Options menu.
- New "Factions" for multiplayer / skirmish
- Higher-res terrain textures, backdrops
- New Music Manager, + Lupus-Mechanicus's new soundtrack album
- Support for "script-generated" / "random" maps (and two new built-in maps that take advantage of this: 6p-Entropy and 10p-Waterloop)
- Scrollable room chat, and many other UI / widget improvements
- Updated / smarter AI bots (Bonecrusher, Cobra)
- New "headless" mode (for --autogame, --autohost, --skirmish)
- JS API enhancements, + a new "Script Debugger"
- Removal of Qt as a dependency, + a new embedded JS engine: QuickJS
- Quality-of-Life / smoothness improvements
- Hundreds of bug fixes
- New: Windows 64-bit builds (for both Intel 64-bit / x64, and ARM64)
- New: macOS Universal Binaries with native Apple Silicon support (in addition to Intel 64-bit support)
We'd also like to thank all of the new and returning translators who have helped to improve the translations for the game via the Crowdin project. For more information on how to help with translations, see doc/Translations.md.
Please report all bugs on GitHub.
And don't forget to check out the new official Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/ZvRVQ8g
https://sourceforge.net/projects/warzon ... ses/4.0.1/
https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /tag/4.0.1