Bugreporting, how to's, and Crashes

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Bugreporting, how to's, and Crashes

Post by J.Vaughan »

I've attempted to figure out the bug reporting system, find the bug reporter tool at GNA ect however it's all  another language to me. I have no clue where to start and the things I do search in the forums I have no clue if they have any relation to the problem I'm having. I would like to report that in the most recently released version of the Warzone2100 there is a crash in multilayer when bringing up the alliances options in game. While it does not happen all the time, it happens randomly and after being in the game anytime from the begining to the end of the game. Can someone give the the bug reporting tool? Does anyone have any similar problems?
INTEL PENTIUM4 2.66GHZ PROCESSOR
2GB DUAL DDR PC3200 SDRAM
RADEON X1600 512MB AGP GRAPHICS CARD
WINDOWS XP HOME EDITION SP2 OPERATING SYSTEM
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Bugreporting, how to's, and Crashes

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Bugreporting Tutorial - from the wiki.

The bugtracker is here

And gna.org only allows SSL encrypted connections.

For an SSL connection, a website needs a certificate. This certificate (or better said, the signing of it) normally costs around $150.00/year.

So gna.org signed it themselves. Your browser may notify you about that, please don't be concerned about it. A self signed (your browser may say “untrusted”) certificate dosn't mean that the connection is insecure, it just means, that the website owner isn't validated by a certifying corporation (ie:VeriSign). ;-)
Howto

First you should look if your bug has been reported previously in our BugTracker:

If you did find it there and you have more information than was provided by the original reporter, add your information.

If you didn't find it, submit a new bug report.

Bugreporter's checklist

Write something meaningful into the summary. Just not “I found a bug”, instead use : “Crash when building units”.

Write into the report a very detailed description of the bug and how to reproduce it. This is the most important information!

State which operating system you are running and which version. This includes the service pack under Windows and the distribution on Linux.

Information about the game options you chose and the drivers (video/audio) you use and your hardware is very useful to us.

Additionally you could provide backtraces or any other information you can get.

If you can, please attach the crash mini dump file to your bug report. If you are using a executable compiled from the SVN, please attach the executable so that the developers can extract information from the dump file.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

Thanks Lav...

I've already read the wiki and the instructions. Any links I find on the topic of downloading the bug reporter tool all take me to Gna! and I am unable to actually find the bug reporting tool you guys use. Is it built into windows? Thanks for the help...
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

have you joined the gna warzone 2100 site?? 

if i am not mistaken - i believe one has to be a member to access that particular item...
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

Ok, I'll suppose I'll join... In the bug reporting forums that are now locked on the second sticky it mentioned that they opened it to guests, maybe nor or maybe that's since changed. I'll keep looking around.

In the meantime has anyone (Ryos or someone who played recently) experienced their game crashing while hosting an online mp game when they went to the mp options [num 0]? It provides no error, only that Microsoft windows has encountered and error and the program needs to be closed.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

lav_coyote25 wrote: have you joined the gna warzone 2100 site?? 

if i am not mistaken - i believe one has to be a member to access that particular item...
Yep, you are mistaken ;) You don't need to be a member/have an account on Gna! to access the bugtracker, nor do you need to be to submit a bugreport
J.Vaughan wrote: Any links I find on the topic of downloading the bug reporter tool all take me to Gna! and I am unable to actually find the bug reporting tool you guys use. Is it built into windows? Thanks for the help...
Nope, that bug reporting tool isn't downloadable. The bugtracker is the part of the Gna! website I've linked above.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Post by J.Vaughan »

Ah tricky, I'll try to figure it out...