New tweaking parameters

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

New tweaking parameters

Post by Iluvalar »

Here is what I have already. MY modded version 3.0.b4 is working fine with all of thoses right now. I just need to recompile the game.

I'm telling you that I have that beta4 version so all of you become badly jalous and that at least all of you would like to make a game with change on one of those parameters. So it'll attract attention of a developper who will help me with this a little.

Code: Select all

//seen in power.c line 295 also power.h for asPower.lastCalc
#define game_power_fact 1 //multiply power
#define game_power_exp .5 //make power expodential !
#define game_power_bonus 0 //power given with no well at all
#define game_power_loss -.10 //% of your power that you loose every second (hint: negative act just like interest)
#define game_power_start 1300 //(not implemented yet) set how much power you start with

//seen in research.c line 610
#define game_res_fact .75 //multiply research time and cost
#define game_res_exp 1.2 //make research expodentialy hard
#define game_res_power 3 //multiply power cost but not time

//droid.c
#define game_droidbuild_fact 1 //droid build time factor
#define game_droidpower_fact 1 //droid cost factor

//seen in structure.c line 583
#define game_structbuild_fract 1 //
#define game_structarmour_fract 1 //
#define game_structcost_fract 1 //

//combat.c 602 and 621
#define game_armour_fact 1  //Multiply the armour
#define game_damage_fact .55  //Multiply the damage (after armour)
//move.c 1949 and 2095
#define game_speed_fact .5 //Multiply speed
#define game_accel_fact .5 //Multiply accel (should follow speed fact most of time but who knows ? ) Should I multiply by speed_fact to ? 
//NB:buggy... I think path finding don't take correctly into account accelaration (or I didn't found where). It result in truck running into wall. The faster the accel, the funnier it look...
Most of these are easy to implement in the codes. I want to make most of them player dependent. So eventually we could adjust how AI is cheating by that mean, we could make campaign where player don't all play with the same rules or maybe faction bonus may be cool too. (X% research, X% power or X% damage...)

Obviously some of them change/destroy the balance of the game, but hey! it's your game. I would like to make those changes so if you don't change those settings, you'll never see any change in the game. So there is no need to worry about your precious game. most of those change turn out to be multiplication by 1 or 0 and don't slow down the game whatsoever.

The next step for me is to get those parameters from a .txt file, so we could change them without recompiling each time and we could propose new settings as new mods. I've never did that but il try to clone the system with structures and weapon .

I want your feedback : Is there another params like those that you would like to try in your game ?

I will also be glad to chat on how I liked some of those params that I am extensivly trying right now :) .
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.