My ideas after playing a couple of games again

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

My ideas after playing a couple of games again

Post by HCN-Trooper »

what i'd like to see is :

-cyborg transports should only land when it's going to load/unload

-a VTOL Air to Air weapon (i know there are already AA-AG weapons but there's no AA only)

-i'm really missing some sort of Heli-propulsion which can only have light/medium weapons and no bomb bays but don't have to re-arm (that quickly)

-autorepair should be researched earlier, i can't keep my eye on all groups of units, if one group is under attack the repair vehicles will die first because they always drive between the enemy and the unit the want to repair.....

-perhaps there should be a option "shared income" which can be interesting for the co-operative gameplay, and only for fixed aliances or so.....
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: My ideas after playing a couple of games again

Post by Mysteryem »

HCN-Trooper wrote:what i'd like to see is :

-cyborg transports should only land when it's going to load/unload
That means that they are always vunerable to AA fire.
-a VTOL Air to Air weapon (i know there are already AA-AG weapons but there's no AA only)
I think lancers, scourge missiles are good enough at this job already, even though they can hit air and ground.
-i'm really missing some sort of Heli-propulsion which can only have light/medium weapons and no bomb bays but don't have to re-arm (that quickly)
I'm not sure what you're saying, do you think there should be a new propulsion type?
-autorepair should be researched earlier, i can't keep my eye on all groups of units, if one group is under attack the repair vehicles will die first because they always drive between the enemy and the unit the want to repair.....
I think assigning repair units to commanders stops the repair units from being too stupid. And if auto repair was researched earlier on in the game then it would have to be incredibly weedy, the current one is too powerful for the previous tech levels' weapons.
-perhaps there should be a option "shared income" which can be interesting for the co-operative gameplay, and only for fixed aliances or so.....
I think there was actually talk about doing something like this. I'm not sure what happened though; it was only just an idea.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

HCN-Trooper wrote:-cyborg transports should only land when it's going to load/unload
Meh. That'll just make loading/unloading take longer.
HCN-Trooper wrote:-a VTOL Air to Air weapon (i know there are already AA-AG weapons but there's no AA only)
We're already planning on adding a few.
HCN-Trooper wrote:-i'm really missing some sort of Heli-propulsion which can only have light/medium weapons and no bomb bays but don't have to re-arm (that quickly)
Cyborg transports are as far as you'll get. Anything more powerful would be overpowered. Warzone isn't balanced for limitless VTOLs.
HCN-Trooper wrote:-autorepair should be researched earlier, i can't keep my eye on all groups of units, if one group is under attack the repair vehicles will die first because they always drive between the enemy and the unit the want to repair.....
Balance nightmare. The reason it's so late-game is because of how useful it is.
HCN-Trooper wrote:-perhaps there should be a option "shared income" which can be interesting for the co-operative gameplay, and only for fixed aliances or so.....
Just give people power when they need it. Not hard. Current system limits how much you can screw over your allies if they don't want to be screwed over, and I'm not changing it.
HCN-Trooper
Trained
Trained

Post by HCN-Trooper »

-Meh. That'll just make loading/unloading take longer.

okay, so the descending speed cannot be adjusted?

-We're already planning on adding a few.

awesome :)

-Cyborg transports are as far as you'll get. Anything more powerful would be overpowered. Warzone isn't balanced for limitless VTOLs.

but what if they could carry double the ammount of ammo or have a long reload time?

-Balance nightmare. The reason it's so late-game is because of how useful it is.

perhaps the autorepair could be splitted up, like when the first stage autorepair has been researched all units will slightly autorepair after ?...?seconds of being idle.

-Just give people power when they need it. Not hard. Current system limits how much you can screw over your allies if they don't want to be screwed over, and I'm not changing it.

ok even not as an option? because it does have advantages when a team doesn't screw over eachother.... :P
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

I think I say a Heli propultion talk somewhere, and a unlimited ammo heli wont be that bad. or at least, it would be cool to have unlimited machinegun like the vtol transport, and a limited other weapon you can mount on... that would make it nice.

about the shared income thing, well... hmmm... don't know maybe in the new screw my ally mode zarel is planning LOL... other than that, it would be nice to be able to define how much money you will share.. no just half of what you got... sometimes friends don't need that much money, or you just don't want to give that much money to them.. xD