2.3 Beta 3 is out!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
neelkamal

Re: 2.3 Beta 3 is out!

Post by neelkamal »

:-S :-S :-S Hi friends !
thanks for sharing a good information with us. :) ;) :) ;)
well can i get some more information about Warzone 2100 2.3 Beta 3. its a request. :stare:
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

neelkamal wrote::-S :-S :-S Hi friends !
thanks for sharing a good information with us. :) ;) :) ;)
well can i get some more information about Warzone 2100 2.3 Beta 3. its a request. :stare:
All the information about what's new is in the changelog. What other information are you looking for?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Zarel wrote:
Buginator wrote:Eh?
A) *I* much rather have the configdir dir in the same location as the program. That is how I always play my games. (via adding --configdir .\config on the command line, and .\config MUST be made before you issue the command!)

B) Without the openAL router installed, then they will not have any sound. Not sure if it will crash or what.

And the main reason for A) is, that we are in a multi-user environment, so to play be "MS's rules" we had to stick the config dir there.

In short, we could release a so called portable version, just add a 'config' directory, and then add the correct params to the shortcut. Then again, it is dead easy for anyone to do this, so it really isn't worth it.
Well, okay, so, in other words, we can have a portable version, it just won't have sound?

Doesn't the version on PortableApps have sound? How do they do it?
Guess they assume everyone already has openAL installed from other games. I didn't have time to check exactly what they did / are doing.
and it ends here.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Buginator wrote:Guess they assume everyone already has openAL installed from other games. I didn't have time to check exactly what they did / are doing.
They said they it worked even if OpenAL wasn't already installed, though...
CFG
Greenhorn

Post by CFG »

@stiv:
Compiling is not my problem. You just cant link 64 bit (AMD64) stuff against some 32 bits lib. Thus you cant build a native 64 bits WZ with that source. That was no problem at all with previous releases. And I dont see any reason why WZ needs a 32 bits lib for OpenGL...
Im at least trying to live without any 32 bits chroot or 32 bits compatibility packages on my machine. Thats why this is somewhat important to me.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

CFG wrote:Compiling is not my problem. You just cant link 64 bit (AMD64) stuff against some 32 bits lib. Thus you cant build a native 64 bits WZ with that source. That was no problem at all with previous releases. And I dont see any reason why WZ needs a 32 bits lib for OpenGL...
Can you still compile/link the old releases on your current system? Warzone works on 64bit-only, sounds like something on your system is set up strangely...
CFG
Greenhorn

Post by CFG »

Solved: I had a "libGL.so.1", but not "libGL.so". Created that symlink manually. WZ source is fine, no problem here.
Was just confused by the line "checking for libGL32" because it wouldnt find any "libGL"...