New Weapons!

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Zero-Omega
Trained
Trained

New Weapons!

Post by Zero-Omega »

Here is a list of weapons I think would be great ideas for Warzone 2100 :)

1. Sniper Turret - Does massive amounts of damage to a single enemy but has a large reload time.

2. Mini Laser Satellite Turret - I just think that this would be pretty cool to have. But have a large reload time. Also have a build limit of 1, just in case people think that a huge army of them would kick ass (it wouldn't but still)

3. Gatling Cannon - Just a light cannon with an extremely fast rate of fire.

4. New vehicle body would be nice :) How about Dragon Body?

5. Plasma Mortar - Inspired from Halo 3 and would be a great asset to Warzone 2100.

6. Mini Rocket Array Cyborg - Would be a great all rounder for the early stages of the match.

Please let me know what you think!
Last edited by Zero-Omega on 13 Oct 2009, 23:35, edited 2 times in total.
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Re: New Weapons!

Post by Kacen »

Zero-Omega wrote: 1. Sniper Turret - Does massive amounts of damage to a single enemy but has a large reload time.
No.
Zero-Omega wrote:2. Mini Laser Satellite Turret - I just think that this would be pretty cool to have. But have a large reload time. Also have a build limit of 1, just in case people think that a huge army of them would kick ass (it wouldn't but still)
NO.
Zero-Omega wrote:3. Gatling Cannon - Just a light cannon with an extremely fast rate of fire.
We have it already, it's called an Assault Cannon*. (How embarrassing.)
Zero-Omega wrote:4. New vehicle body would be nice :) How about Dragon Body?
WE HAVE A DRAGON BODY.

...seriously, have you even played the (censored)ing game?
Zero-Omega wrote:Inspired from Halo 3
No. No. No. No. No. No.
Zero-Omega wrote:6. Mini Rocket Array Cyborg - Would be a great all rounder for the early stages of the match.
Umm, what? NO.
Last edited by Kacen on 14 Oct 2009, 11:55, edited 3 times in total.
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Sure, love is in the air. Well, besides 1. and 2. the other things are already in the game.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Zero-Omega
Trained
Trained

Post by Zero-Omega »

Zero-Omega wrote: 1. Sniper Turret - Does massive amounts of damage to a single enemy but has a large reload time.
Zero-Omega wrote:2. Mini Laser Satellite Turret - I just think that this would be pretty cool to have. But have a large reload time. Also have a build limit of 1, just in case people think that a huge army of them would kick ass (it wouldn't but still)
Zero-Omega wrote:3. Gatling Cannon - Just a light cannon with an extremely fast rate of fire.
This is meant to be faster than assault cannon
Zero-Omega wrote:4. New vehicle body would be nice :) How about Dragon Body?

Zero-Omega wrote:Inspired from Halo 3
Zero-Omega wrote:6. Mini Rocket Array Cyborg - Would be a great all rounder for the early stages of the match.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

as it says in the header to this thread ... ideas... it doesn't matter if you dont agree - what matters is that some one may have different suggestions... doesn't mean they will be adopted. and remember to use language that is pg13. IE: NO swearing. thankyou. :)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Zero-Omega wrote:1. Sniper Turret - Does massive amounts of damage to a single enemy but has a large reload time.
There's discussion about adding one of these.
What exactly are you asking for? o_O How would it be different from the LasSat?
Kacen wrote:We have it already, it's called an autocannon.
Zero-Omega wrote:This is meant to be faster than assault cannon
It also turns out that, since cannons are designed to attack heavily armored defenses, autocannons don't have enough punch to do much damage to them. The only armor they can punch through is cyborgs, and it already gets significant penalties against those.

In other words, it simply doesn't make sense. It's like a dedicated anti-squirrel-laser. It'd be useless.
Note that MRA isn't an all-rounder. It's an artillery weapon, and does low damage to tanks. That said, how are you going to have infantry carry one of these? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_rocket_launcher

The others, as others have mentioned, are already in the game.
Timmie
Greenhorn

Post by Timmie »

oh oh, if we can make our wishes here, I wanna be able to sacrafice tanks in order to get a horned reaper in tank forum tha will kill all my enemies untill I run out of energy to feet it. :D

now seriously

I know 1 weapon I would like to have.
in single player you got that weird cannon near the nexus base on the last map.
it looks like a plasmacanon but it shots like a howitzer or mortar into the air somekind of blue flame. and it got a pretty far range 2.

looks pretty cool I must say.

and I still opt for emp mortars and emp bombs that can take out multiple tanks at once.
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Post by Corporal Punishment »

If my Idea for redoing visibility of lighter vehicles is adopted, there should be something to supersede the light cannon later in the game like there is for medium and heavy cannon (hyper velocity and assault cannon). I'm thinking of something like the Heckler&Koch GMG, it sticks with the 40mm round, low weight and compact design to fit a light vehicle. It's effective damage should be between light and medium cannon, with higher ROF and lower DPS than light cannon. It's name could be automatic cannon or simply grenade machine gun.
Qui desiderat pacem bellum praeparat
Flavius Vegetius Renatus, De re militari
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Corporal Punishment wrote:If my Idea for redoing visibility of lighter vehicles is adopted, there should be something to supersede the light cannon later in the game like there is for medium and heavy cannon (hyper velocity and assault cannon).
There is, it's called the Medium Cannon (or hyper velocity cannon).
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

But think about the weight of these weapons. They will slow down light vehicles too much to use their proposed advantage in visibility since they will be unable to pull back from the enemy carrying such a burden.
TVR
Trained
Trained

Post by TVR »

Corporal Punishment wrote:... But think about the weight of these weapons. They will slow down light vehicles too much to use their proposed advantage in visibility since they will be unable to pull back from the enemy carrying such a burden. ...
There's a distinction between hit-and-run & ambush.

Hit-and-run is a form of attrition favouring survivability over damage, for which light-weight anti-tank rockets already excel in.

Whereas an ambush is a crushing tactical victory based on defeat in detail and surprise, weight isn't an issue as the offencive force does not rely on tactical movement, and high DPS weapons minimize return-fire.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

I always figured that the cyborg 'auto cannon' was the replacement for light cannon. AKA the assault cannon.
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

@ TVR: Man I'm a corporal with Bundeswehr Rangers. I know the distinction between hit'n'run and ambush well enough. In this context, neither is concerned. There is, however, a third type of special assault tactic for which a stronger version of the light cannon might come in handy: The surprise coup. This means sneaking up at a stationary enemy, destroying him before he knows what came upon him and be gone before his reinforcements arrive. Its basically an ambush inverse.

@ Avestron: You mean the assault gun, don't you? Assault cannon replaces heavy cannon. Assault gun is anti-personal, I was going for kinetic all-rounder.
Avestron
Trained
Trained

Post by Avestron »

I am pretty sure that there is an auto cannon cyborg - the cyborg equivalent of the assault cannon :c)
Corporal Punishment
Trained
Trained

Check, it's a super cyborg. But neither does it appear in campaign, nor is a light vehicle capable of carrying an assault cannon without sever decrease in speed.