WIP = olymon

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

WIP = olymon

Post by lav_coyote25 »

olympus mons - a work in progress - will upload the map after i have a look at how its working. possibly later today...
needs to tested ( :twisted: tortured actually by whatever combinations you got ie: humans and ai or just humans or just ai... :twisted: )
olymon.png
olymon.zip
olympus mons - mars - dont gots trees nor water. this is desert tertiles - original.
(119.64 KiB) Downloaded 215 times
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Re: WIP = olymon

Post by winsrp »

interesting.... is this one going to have trees :P on the other hand, looks interesting, but which textures does it has, cus your other maps texts are f... up on the 2.2.2 version. Where do i download the textures mod to play this ones good, since water seems to be floating in the air.

I was wondering, what is the biggest map size you can make?

Map ideas i would like to see....

The big forest ... its like a find big foot expedition through the forest. (trees ^ n)
The meteor crash site... how would it look like if a meteor crashed (huge crater site)
The titan clash... all paths lead to the center for a massive all on all battle, also arranged to be a 4 vs 4 map.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

well i adjusted for the regular tertiles due to the new render system isnt ready yet ( or they dont want to release it due to not everyone will have the horsepower to run it... i may be wrong... :stare: )

as for trees - mars dont gots trees... :scream: but maybe i will place some just for you... it will be named in your honor
"winsrptreedom" xD hehehehehe
XboxJosh
Trained
Trained

Post by XboxJosh »

winsrp wrote: The meteor crash site... how would it look like if a meteor crashed (huge crater site)
Hmm, try 8c-Ziggurat. It has a crater-looking thing in the middle.
winsrp wrote: The titan clash... all paths lead to the center for a massive all on all battle, also arranged to be a 4 vs 4 map.
Try the map 8c-Squared.

But no, none of these maps have trees... :|

Alias: Cipher[SSC]

System Specs:
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional
CPU TYPE: AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU SPEED: 3000 MHz
SYSTEM MEMORY: 4 GB (2 x 2GB, DDR2)
GRAPHICS CARD MODEL: NVidia GTS 250
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

the map file is in the first post. and no - no trees on mars. nor any water ( as we know water - liquid and free flowing... possible it is frozen and in underground aquifers...)
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

well here it is - wip - winsrptreedom - keep in mind this is why i dont use trees... unless of course the damn things actually look like trees... they sure dont here... :stare: and dont ask about the ground color. :P
Attachments
winsrptreedom.zip
winsrptreedom - a 2 player map - wip - eventually will be either 4 or 8...undecided right now
(107.97 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »

well, i saw a tree map somewhere in the forums that actually looks like a tree.. don't remember where I'll have to go look for it.
lav_coyote25 wrote:well here it is - wip - winsrptreedom - keep in mind this is why i dont use trees... unless of course the damn things actually look like trees... they sure dont here... :stare: and dont ask about the ground color. :P
O_O Cool a map in my honor... I'll sure try that one out today when i get home thanks buddy!!!.

And whats with the Mars don't have trees/water thing, the game is 2100 Mars will have trees by then xD
XboxJosh wrote:Hmm, try 8c-Ziggurat. It has a crater-looking thing in the middle.
I have, but i don't know even when it does has that kind of look, it lacks the feeling.
XboxJosh wrote:Try the map 8c-Squared.But no, none of these maps have trees... :|
Thats why some people don't like this game... it lacks... environment. (trees/rocks/dervis/stuff), most maps are plain mountains... and flat mountains, i will change a house of those that you can explode, and make it into a big rock... the tile of the rock is 1x1, but the map will take 3x1, and put it into an entrance of a rock path, (the rock uses the same map as the walls), so you can explode the rock, that would look cool, destroyable environment.

bushes... even desert has them.. how about a cactus.... those are good too... environment people, coyote, I like your maps... just make them more alive.
winsrp
Trained
Trained

Post by winsrp »