Small VTOL Problem

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Teal Aanval
New user

Small VTOL Problem

Post by Teal Aanval »

For some reason, when I use VTOL's with normal weapon's (Assault Guns, cannons, ETC.), and set them to attack Emplacements, they get half way through their ammo, then land in front of the target, getting themself's killed... Why?
Aanval is Dutch for Assault.
Crushy
Trained
Trained

Re: Small VTOL Problem

Post by Crushy »

I haven't used direct sustained fire vtols that often (kind of defeats their purpose of fast hit and run in my opinion). Anyway, are you sure they all have a repair pad?

Update: I just checked and they work properly in trunk.
Current status: Sick and Learning to model in blender. Failing at both.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

This sometimes happen if the target is on the map's edge. Is that the case for you?
Teal Aanval
New user

Post by Teal Aanval »

Actually, no, It happened in the middle of the map.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Does this happen always or just sometimes? I've noticed that if your click to attack misses the target and you instead click on terrain, they will happily land there.
fisk0
Trained
Trained

Post by fisk0 »

This happened to me in 2.2.1 yesterday on the Manhattan map. My assault cannon VTOLs (assigned to a commander unit) kept firing one shot at the target, then circling the building and landing next to it. then they got hit by enemy ground fire and retreated (as I had set them to retreat at medium damage). This didn't happen all the time, but more than once when I attacked the south west base at that map. The target building was fairly close to the map border, but not right next to it, and as I have understood it VTOL:s assigned to a commander wont move to land where you order your commander to move (in case you miss the target when you try to order an attack), but only leave their landing pads when they are actually given an attack order?
Desktop: AMD Athlon X3 440 3.0ghz, 4GB RAM, Radeon HD4200, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Laptop: AMD Athlon X2 QL-64 2.1Ghz, 3GB RAM, Radeon HD3200, Windows Vista Home Basic 32-bit & Ubuntu 9.04 64-bit
Teal Aanval
New user

Post by Teal Aanval »

Per: It happens about 50 percent of the time, and note that I said they used half of their ammo on the target.

fisk0: Thats basically what happens to me, but they werent assigned to a commander.