Multiplayer server

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
tuant20
Trained
Trained

Re: Multiplayer server

Post by tuant20 »

karmazilla wrote: If you keep up the trend of providing quality patches, you'll get write access.
Do we have any offically statement or term for this?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

From the Warzone 2100 Resurrection Wikki : here - scroll down

I'm a developer/graphics artist. May I contribute to the project?

Yes!

Be sure to visit the forums.
I want to work on the sourcecode, how can I submit my changes?

If you are not a member of the project, you can’t commit directly via SVN. You checkout the latest revision from trunk/. Then do your changes and check if they do what you expected. (And don’t crash anything or similar.)

Seperate seperate changes. Means: Don’t create a 2MB patch with all your work in it. Just put those features/changes in one patch which belong to each other or depend on each other, because we will review your patch and that is easier if it is small. And if we reject one part of the patch it wont happen that your whole patch get rejected, because we don’t have time to seperate the accepted parts from the others.

After you have finished your work, you rightclick on the directory you checked out. Choose “Subversion” from the menu, then “Create patch”. This will open a dialog where you can check your changes again give the filename of the patch. Then send us the created file.

How to send it? You can send it to warzone-dev at gna org. This is a moderated (for non members) mailinglist. Your email will be accepted if it can be identified as not being spam. Your other option is to write to contact at wz2100 net or post it on the forums. (You can attach the patch file to your post.)

A patch will only contain the files that are explicitly added to the SVN repository. Means: Only changes to those files will be included, which (the files) are allready on the server or you requested SVN explicitly to add them to the repository.

‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
tuant20
Trained
Trained

Post by tuant20 »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
Thanks lav_coyote25
To karmazilla:
karmazilla wrote: If you keep up the trend of providing quality patches, you'll get write access.
Do we have any offically statement or term for this?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Not yet, but whenever I got time I can add that to the faq...
(Do we have a developers section in the wiki?)