Problem with WZ: Assertion failed

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
Votan
New user

Re: Problem with WZ: Assertion failed

Post by Votan »

Buginator wrote:
To make it up to you, I will upload a fixed .exe. You can either backup the old one (recommended), and use this one, or overwrite the old one.
Eh, I can't understand - where is the "fixed.exe" ? :( In your attachments I can see only "warzone2100.7z". And both of this files I can't find in my Warzone directory, so I can't replace it.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

the file name will NOT say "fixed.exe" it will be the standard warzone.exe . :) the .7z is a compressed file - use the totaly free 7z software to uncompress it. if you need help just ask. :)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Votan wrote:Eh, I can't understand - where is the "fixed.exe" ? :( In your attachments I can see only "warzone2100.7z". And both of this files I can't find in my Warzone directory, so I can't replace it.
He means he will upload a fixed "warzone2100.exe" It's inside the "warzone2100.7z" file, which you have to open with 7-zip or WinRAR.
Votan
New user

Post by Votan »

now it's OK, thanx! :D
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Votan wrote:now it's OK, thanx! :D
And before you say it, already fixed the radar issues when you get to that level as well ;) heh
and it ends here.
steel
Greenhorn

Post by steel »

I have encountered an "assertion failed" problem twice when I destroy a random building in the north of the map on the first away mission where you fight a proper new paradigm base with actual tanks etc(, the one preceeding the big attack on your HQ). Its the burnt down black warehouse type one, next to a couple of the shacks. I'll see if i can find a save from around that time, but i'm not sure if I have one. The game was able to continue alright afterwards, only crashing much later due to th unknown issue...
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

steel wrote:I have encountered an "assertion failed" problem twice when I destroy a random building in the north of the map on the first away mission where you fight a proper new paradigm base with actual tanks etc(, the one preceeding the big attack on your HQ). Its the burnt down black warehouse type one, next to a couple of the shacks. I'll see if i can find a save from around that time, but i'm not sure if I have one. The game was able to continue alright afterwards, only crashing much later due to th unknown issue...
...which version? If you're using a 2.2 beta, please upgrade to 2.2 RC1.