HELP NEEDED!!!

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
Exitus99
New user

HELP NEEDED!!!

Post by Exitus99 »

Hey everyone, im fairly new to this game, played a demo back on my old old pc, and now started playing the latest version from here..

I get the basics of how to repair and design new tanks etc and i managed to get to Alpha 6 on the campaign... The mission with a valley chokepoint defended by bunkers etc which leads onto a well defended base.

The problem is I always seem to be on 0 Power. :(:(

I captured all the available wells (4) and i had 1 power generator, also I recycled all my tanks and didnt even buy any base defence, nor splashed out on too much research. Is this normal? As soon as i can buy 1 tank it takes me about 10 minutes to get the power for another.. any help?

Thanks
ThomasCarstein
Trained
Trained

Re: HELP NEEDED!!!

Post by ThomasCarstein »

One of the keys to your sucess in single player campaign mode is resource & time "milking" - this means, that on your 1st mission (one of the very few ones without a time limit) you have to wait about 30 min or more so that your power accumulates over 1000 pts; in every next mission do your stuff ALMOST untill the end, then WAIT untill the last 5 minutes are ticking to finish the objective (it's best if you save it before, on about -10 min so you still have time if you get an unexpected problem); in the mean time do all available research and make new designs, but if you want more power, try not to build too much (except when really needed).
Anyway, continue this strategy and you will start every next mission with at least 500 - 1000 power added to your previous pool. But make no mistake - even if you accumulate over 10K of power, it will eventually dwindle to nothing if you build large amounts of expensive vehicles, so always try to conserve your power and build in lower numbers (2 - 4 units instead of 10 units).

This worked for me ;)
Exitus99
New user

Post by Exitus99 »

Thanks dude ill try it :)

Oh and another thing.. on the multiplayer me and a mate are trying to play but when one of us hosts the other cannot see their game in the lobby and vice versa.. weve even tried direct ip connecting.. any ideas?
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

I don't know why direct IP connecting doesn't work, but many people have problems hosting games.

To find other people online, that may be able to host a game that actually shows up, go here:
http://widget.mibbit.com/?settings=4cf0 ... nnect=true

You said you had a power generator.... Have you added a power module to it?
You have to research the module, and then use trucks to add it to the power generator, this will increase the rate at which you gain power by ~50%

Also on that map, immediately east of that choke point, is another oil resource, and once you fight your way to the north east corner, you will find another oil resource, for a total of 6 oil resources - 50% more than you have now, and if you don't have power modules, adding them gets you another 50% increase, for 1.5^2 = 2.25x as much power output.

Also, how many tanks are you loosing? if you are careful you should be able to get through the entire alpha campaign with no losses.
I try to have ~40 units in campaign, no more (especially given the events at the end of Beta Campaign), but going through with 10 combat units total may leave you undergunned.

This is an excellent mission to start using commanders, Some mortar tanks attached to a commander really help the units at the front line, and keep a repair facility nearby
Exitus99
New user

Post by Exitus99 »

Ahh okay will try those tips thanks... is there any help/info links concerning multiplayer issues because me and him just want to play 1v1 rather than having to play with other people.. ? thanks
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

I'm just curious, had you added a power module yet?

I noticed you comment:
didnt even buy any base defence, nor splashed out on too much research
You should always research everything you get in campaign mode - about the only things you may want to skip are the flamer upgrades - I never used flamers in campaign, and they aren't needed for anything except the Inferno Heavy flamer.
I also never saw much use for cyborgs in campaign mode, so you could skip all those upgrades as well.
But as a rule, especially, this early in the game- research everything you can (flamer research is cheap - so its not a big deal even if you never use it)

Most of the mk1 upgrades give a ~30% bonus - so for a weapon upgrade: 10 tanks with the upgrade may have as much firepower as 13 tanks- and the upgrade is ussually cheaper than 3 new tanks.

The light cannon may not look very useful in campaign- but you should still upgrade it, as the upgrades unlock the Medium cannon, which is very useful and should be in continuous use until you get the Heavy cannon.

Likewise, the Mini-rocket pod (which you get very soon on Alpha 6), may not look very useful at first, but upgrade it anyway - the upgrades unlock the "Lancer" Anti-Tank rocket - which is very useful, and should see continuous use well into beta campaign.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

3drts wrote:Most of the mk1 upgrades give a ~30% bonus - so for a weapon upgrade: 10 tanks with the upgrade may have as much firepower as 13 tanks- and the upgrade is ussually cheaper than 3 new tanks.
Note: They're all 25% in Rebalance.