Still Here and Still Lovin WZ: Res

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
J.Vaughan
Trained
Trained

Still Here and Still Lovin WZ: Res

Post by J.Vaughan »

Just wanted to add another post in here. When I come back to the website and check the forums I see sometimes that it seems like they have periods when they're real active and then some periods when they are slow. I just wanted to let the team know (and hopefully speak on the better behalf of a lot of people) that we are still here. Even though there are most likely a lot of people who like me who don't contribute a whole lot to the continuing development of the game (and maybe some would argue that we should) and the forums, we still check the website quite often and are still loving the game and what the team is doing. There's an itch for wz that will always come up from time to time and you'll have to play a little. I'm just fretting the day when the team says that they're done, I hope that the community will always be there long after.

I hope that everyone who agrees with me can post to let the team know we're all still here. And If not, at least I am :D

One more counts right?
David from Lexington in Kentucky

Re: Still Here and Still Lovin WZ: Res

Post by David from Lexington in Kentucky »

I have never contributed to this project at all. I wish I knew how, though!

I've been an avid fan of this game for ten years now. When the demo disk came out for the Playstation in late '98, I played the two levels it had until the middle of '05! (You see, by the time I could afford the game, I couldn't find it anywhere! I finally found a copy, though.)

There is one question I've had since the beginning. Specifically, is The Project a remnant of American or English forces? The female voice uses American pronunciation, but there is English subject-verb agreement throughout the narration and captioning (for example, "Team Gamma are reporting." instead of "Team Gamma is reporting.")

For the record, I think the oddity lies with us Americans. A team is made up of members, so I understand the English English sentence to mean, "(Members of) Team Gamma are reporting."
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

David from Lexington in Kentucky wrote:There is one question I've had since the beginning. Specifically, is The Project a remnant of American or English forces? The female voice uses American pronunciation, but there is English subject-verb agreement throughout the narration and captioning (for example, "Team Gamma are reporting." instead of "Team Gamma is reporting.")

For the record, I think the oddity lies with us Americans. A team is made up of members, so I understand the English English sentence to mean, "(Members of) Team Gamma are reporting."
Project is American. Pumpkin were never all that big on spelling/grammar ("incenediary", "sucessfull"...), so linguistic analysis isn't going to help. ;)
ThomasCarstein
Trained
Trained

Post by ThomasCarstein »

David from Lexington in Kentucky wrote: There is one question I've had since the beginning. Specifically, is The Project a remnant of American or English forces?
American. In the intro movie the male voice (of one of the survivers and later project founders) says "we fled Seattle early in 86", so the Projects origin comes from Seattle :)
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

Not to mention N.A.S.D.A. (North American Satellite Defense Array) and the Rocky Mountains (campaign 1).
Bring back...ducks!
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

BlueMaxima wrote:Not to mention N.A.S.D.A. (North American Satellite Defense Array) and the Rocky Mountains (campaign 1).
You mean Campaign 3?

Campaign 1 was Arizona, Campaign 2 was in Illinois, and Campaign 3 was in the NW Rockies.