LEVEL INSANE is Nonsense.

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
montetank
Regular
Regular

LEVEL INSANE is Nonsense.

Post by montetank »

It's the first time that I can't find nice words here in the forum. But in the latest version 4.4.2. The campaign cannot be played in the "Insane" level. Of course I managed it in the “hard” level because I know all the tips and tricks of the campaign. But Insane is a complete waste of time. And I've played the campaign at least 50 times. I want to see a video of a player progressing past Alpha 2.
O_o
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: LEVEL INSANE is Nonsense.

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Yes, there are players that can beat it. It's reserved for the best campaign players only (Alpha 1 is intentionally brutal on this mode to dissuade those that aren't ready). Playing Insane difficulty will largely require you to think of new tactics from whatever you are used to if it's your first time. Everything goes faster so you'll be on a time crunch as well. Maybe Insane is for the masochists or just really good gamers, yet those that play it find it extremely fun from what I read.

As for videos for Insane, there are two guides that I know of. They are older though nothing has really changed much since they were done so they'll be accurate still:

Zero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH23rrZ ... av5HG2bKCT

a_m: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMc0hUZSLp0 (he has links to Beta/Gamma in the video description)
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Yes, I know the videos. I also managed version 4.2.4 on insane. But in 4.4.2 the Scavs come at much shorter intervals - I checked. But maybe I've just gotten too old - after all, I've been a Warzone player for 25 years.
I tried different strategies. But i will not give up :-)
Thanks for the reply.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

Is possible to adjust in-game speed? If slower montetank it can only help make it easier.

I notice in the options when you select Insane it does warn you :)
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

If you press Ctrl and -/+ you can adjust game speed between 0.001 - 2x. With cheat mode active there are more speeds available.