Help needed with the new Reclamation.wz Campaign MOD

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Help needed with the new Reclamation.wz Campaign MOD

Post by Doruletz »

Greetings, friends.

There is this MOD, that basically adds a whole new series of Campaign missions...
It's called Reclamation.wz, and I have seen it played on YouTube with the current game version, 4.3.5.
Here is the link to that video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFPYfqWxw7E

I use Arch Linux, BTW 🤣️😂️🤣️😂️🤣️
I know it's a cliché, but I am indeed using Arch Linux, I'm not trying to show off or anything like that. 🙂️
My Warzone 2100 is installed from the official Arch Repository.

Code: Select all

sudo pacman -S --needed warzone2100
Back to my Reclamation.wz Campaign MOD problem...
I found the GitHub, downloaded the compressed .ZIP file, renamed it to a .WZ file, as required, and copied it into my

/home/<USER-NAME>/.local/share/warzone2100/mods/4.3.5/autoload
directory, as I did with all other MODS I ever used previously.

I start the game like I always do, either via the GUI Menu Launcher Icon, or via the Terminal command

warzone2100 --mod=Reclamation.wz
When the game starts, the MOD shows as being loaded up, as the MOD name is displayed in the upper left hand corner. See screenshot:

However, when I go to launch the Campaign play from:
Single Player --> New Campaign
I get the same 3 default options, namely Alpha, Beta or Gamma Campaign.
NO RECLAMATION CAMPAIGN option, like this other guy gets in the YouTube video. Again, see screenshot:

Why is it not working??? Am I doing anything wrong, and if so, what???
Any help or input to help me play those new Campaign Reclamation missions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

*****************************************************************************************************************
P.S. --> I have never tried a game MOD in Arch Linux before, except for the Art Revolution design/display MOD (ARmod_4.0.1.wz), which by the way works just fine.
Until a little over a year ago, I was using Linux Mint, which is basically Ubuntu, and always installed the newest game version .DEB file available on the official Warzone 2100 website. Under Linux Mint there where no problems with any game MOD, heck back in the day I even made some MODS of my own...
They all worked flawlessly.
*****************************************************************************************************************
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Help needed with the new Reclamation.wz Campaign MOD

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

You shouldn't need to rename anything. Download the .wz file https://github.com/DARwins1/reclamation/releases and then put it in autoload to automatically load it, or if you want to conditionally enable it from a terminal, put it in mods/campaign and use --mod_ca=Reclamaion.wz.

--mod= ... is used for global mods that work in both campaign and multiplayer. Likewise, --mod_mp= ... is for starting skirmish/mp mods.

I'm not sure if ArtRev is compatible and it may cause conflicts, as Reclamation has it's own custom textures, but you can try if you want.