suggestions

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

suggestions

Post by Bethrezen »

One of the things that bugs me about alpha 5 is the inability to upgrade my units while I sit quietly researching all the new tech because I can’t upgrade my tank factories to allow them to produce cobra bodies therefore I like to suggest moving the factory module artefact from alpha 5 to alpha 4, that way my tank factories will already be upgraded when I get the cobra body on alpha 5 so while I’m sitting quietly researching all that new tech I can be upgrading my units to

Also with regards to alpha 5 I’d also like to suggest moving the artefact from the new paradigm tank factory to the research centre so that you can continue to fight and level your units while you are sitting doing all that research because just sitting for like 20 to 30 minutes doing research is rather boring, and I’d rather use that time more productively.

Additionally what do you think to the idea of letting players build tank factories on away missions instead of or perhaps in addition to bringing in reinforcement’s via the transport because there are some missions where the reinforcement timer is just to long gamma 1 being a good example or as is the case with alpha 5 it would be advantageous to be able to do so because then you could upgrade your units while you are researching all that new tech.

Id also like to suggest that you move the research for building cyborg factories to the previous level while it may seem a bit pointless to do so due to the fact that you wouldn’t be able to actually build anything there is method to the madness as it would allow you to build the factories before leaving to do alpha 9 so that while you are actually playing alpha 9 you could be building cyborgs in preparation for alpha 10 when the new paradigm attack the home map

Another suggestion I’d like to posit is letting the player get the pepper pot where you get the bombard on alpha because realistically by the time you get it on beta its automatically redundant and where you are getting the pepper pot on beta you should be getting the hellstorm howitzer
learnedSloth
New user

Re: suggestions

Post by learnedSloth »

Bethrezen wrote: 21 Jun 2023, 00:21 One of the things that bugs me about alpha 5 is the inability to upgrade my units while I sit quietly researching all the new tech because I can’t upgrade my tank factories to allow them to produce cobra bodies therefore I like to suggest moving the factory module artefact from alpha 5 to alpha 4, that way my tank factories will already be upgraded when I get the cobra body on alpha 5 so while I’m sitting quietly researching all that new tech I can be upgrading my units to
I would like to add that forcing factory upgrades to start of A6 is just a mild nuisance when you can easily buy time by walling off the valley with tank traps in A2. Then you can move factory rally points next to it before leaving for A5, and rebuild most units as artillery ( :lol2: ) before ending the mission.
Also with regards to alpha 5 I’d also like to suggest moving the artefact from the new paradigm tank factory to the research centre so that you can continue to fight and level your units while you are sitting doing all that research because just sitting for like 20 to 30 minutes doing research is rather boring, and I’d rather use that time more productively.
I'm pretty sure that sitting while waiting researches wasn't the original intent of this game, but rather an accidental consequence of exploiting game mechanics to make next mission easier.
Additionally what do you think to the idea of letting players build tank factories on away missions instead of or perhaps in addition to bringing in reinforcement’s via the transport because there are some missions where the reinforcement timer is just to long gamma 1 being a good example or as is the case with alpha 5 it would be advantageous to be able to do so because then you could upgrade your units while you are researching all that new tech.
I have wished this sometimes. The away factories would have to abandoned when the mission ends, but that's hardly an issue.