Help building src

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
howman
Greenhorn

Help building src

Post by howman »

Hi, I am running Fedora32 and they only have 3.3 in the repos so I decided to try to build.
I needed to install ninja-build and qt5 so far. Qt5 had quite a few upgrades and dependencies with it. cmake went further but stopped with this:

Code: Select all

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:128 (find_package):
  By not providing "FindQt5.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this project has
  asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5", but
  CMake did not find one.

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5" with any of
  the following names:

Qt5Config.cmake
    qt5-config.cmake
I have tried to find where that might come from with no success. Any clues?
Thanks
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Help building src

Post by pastdue »

For reference, you can see the exact prerequisite install commands we use on Fedora CI builds here: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... erfile#L10

So you'd probably want something like:

sudo dnf -y install git gcc gcc-c++ cmake ninja-build p7zip gettext rubygem-asciidoctor
sudo dnf -y install qt5-qtbase-devel qt5-qtscript-devel libpng-devel SDL2-devel openal-soft-devel physfs-devel libogg-devel libvorbis-devel libtheora-devel glew-devel freetype-devel harfbuzz-devel libcurl-devel openssl-devel libsodium-devel
for building WZ 3.4.0
howman
Greenhorn

Post by howman »

Thank you very much. I had installed most of them earlier this year for another project and I had figured out most of rest except p7zip but I didn't see an error on that. Now I get through cmake ok and go on to build and get allocation error:

cmake --build build --target install
/home/how2/build/warzone2100/lib/sound/openal_track.cpp: In function ‘AUDIO_STREAM* sound_PlayStreamWithBuf(PHYSFS_File*, float, void (*)(const void*), const void*, size_t, unsigned int)’:
/home/how2/build/warzone2100/lib/sound/openal_track.cpp:947:36: error: argument to ‘alloca’ may be too large [-Werror=alloca-larger-than=]
  947 |  ALuint       *buffers = (ALuint *)alloca(sizeof(ALuint) * buffer_count);
      |                                    ^~~~~~
/home/how2/build/warzone2100/lib/sound/openal_track.cpp:947:36: note: limit is 1024 bytes, but argument may be as large as 17179869180
  947 |  ALuint       *buffers = (ALuint *)alloca(sizeof(ALuint) * buffer_count);
Not sure what to do. I have selinux at permissive. 1024 seems awfully small, what sets that limit? On the other hand, 17g seems awfully large!
pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue »

A fix for this is in this commit (which was merged shortly after 3.4.0, and will be in the next release):
https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... 3e68c958cc

Patch:
https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... 58cc.patch
howman
Greenhorn

Post by howman »

Great! Made the changes recompiled and installed with no problem that I could see. Cranked it up and played a couple of Startups with no problem. Seems more crisp. I see some additions to the pause menu. And a problem I was having with the Fedora repos' 3.3 is "fixed" too. That was that I could only use Nexus or SemperFi AIs. Any of the others would freeze within a 5 seconds after game start. I even reverted to I think 3.2 which was what I used in Fedora 29 with no problem but in Fedora 32 that would freeze too, but second game on this compile was Nullbot and he kicked my butt just fine:)

There is one thing I noticed, I ran from the command line and the term full with the first line shown here and then the final two error lines as it shut down:

AL lib: (WW) alSetError: Error generated on context 0x563eb239fc00, code 0xa001, "Invalid source ID 11"
AL lib: (WW) alSetError: Error generated on context 0x563eb239fc00, code 0xa004, "Deleting in-use buffer 308"
AL lib: (WW) alSetError: Error generated on context 0x563eb239fc00, code 0xa004, "Deleting in-use buffer 4"
AL lib: (WW) ReleaseALBuffers: (0x563eb2a4d5c0) Deleted 7 Buffers
Don't know what that's all about, I noticed no problems playing the game.

Fantastic work on this. Thanks for the excellent help!