Mission 12, completely unable to complete

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
wardad
New user

Mission 12, completely unable to complete

Post by wardad » 18 Jun 2020, 15:49

Hi all,

I was on the verge of what I thought was completing mission 12, however the transport arrives, grabs (nothing as all units were killed and the artefact is left on the floor!) then flies off and I fail the mission. I realize now I should have intercepted the forces in the valley right in the beginning but did not think this would simply fail the mission 100% regardless of the next 20 minutes of my slowly dismantling the enemy forces with artillery.

I would like to restart the mission however, I do not have a save of the very beginning. My only saves are after the enemy forces have reached the LZ. Am I right in thinking that I now have to start the ENTIRE game again just to put this right?

Does anyone have a save that I can download if such a thing works ?

Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Mission 12, completely unable to complete

Post by Berserk Cyborg » 18 Jun 2020, 18:00

What version are you playing on? The latest release is 3.3.0.

This is the 11th mission. The only way for the New Paradigm transporter to come in and take the artifact away is if a unit belonging to the group that "takes" the artifact reaches a small trigger zone at the back entrance of the LZ, and, if the artifact hasn't been dropped by the unit that took it at the time of the transporter landing. One thing that worries me is it should not take 20 minutes for one of those units to reach the LZ... and that sounds to me like pre-3.3.0 behavior where the game is cruel and waits for the player to cross a trigger zone close to the enemy LZ so the player can see the transporter fly off (and just wastes time for a 100% failure anyway). This no longer happens in the latest release.

Try using the "let me win" cheat to advance the level. If that doesn't work, upload your save (folder + .gam file) and we can take a look at what's going on and maybe load the next mission for you.

wardad
New user

Re: Mission 12, completely unable to complete

Post by wardad » 18 Jun 2020, 19:24

Berserk Cyborg wrote:
18 Jun 2020, 18:00
What version are you playing on? The latest release is 3.3.0.

This is the 11th mission. The only way for the New Paradigm transporter to come in and take the artifact away is if a unit belonging to the group that "takes" the artifact reaches a small trigger zone at the back entrance of the LZ, and, if the artifact hasn't been dropped by the unit that took it at the time of the transporter landing. One thing that worries me is it should not take 20 minutes for one of those units to reach the LZ... and that sounds to me like pre-3.3.0 behavior where the game is cruel and waits for the player to cross a trigger zone close to the enemy LZ so the player can see the transporter fly off (and just wastes time for a 100% failure anyway). This no longer happens in the latest release.

Try using the "let me win" cheat to advance the level. If that doesn't work, upload your save (folder + .gam file) and we can take a look at what's going on and maybe load the next mission for you.
Hi there, thanks so much for this reply!
I'll go double check what version, it may very well be old ! Yes this is exactly what happens it waits for me to just about see the drop zone and spawns in the ship where I literally can not do a thing to stop it. I did shoot myself in the foot covering up the useful saves, I will try this let me win cheat and hope for the best!
Again many thanks for response.