Annoyances

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Spaceman
Trained
Trained

Annoyances

Post by Spaceman »

Things that bug me about WZ
1. Auto repair before fight: Units decide to auto repair before they fight, you have to keep moving the units to get them to fight. Make it so they fight before auto repair. This would make the commander useful as he does the same.
2. No Defence vs. laser sat: Its not right that there is no defence against it. The only way to get rid of it is to raid the enemy base
3. Can't have utilities and weapons on the same body: This would prove useful as you could have a command/weapon design
4. Stupid AI's: They block their own base up
5. Cannon to effective vs. walls
I am sure someone has probably mentioned these

The game is absolutely brilliant apart from this.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: Annoyances

Post by Per »

1. Should be fixed already for 2.1
2. I think this is a feature. As you said, you need to get out of turtling and attack to stop it.
3. Possibly. It remains to be seen where we will eventually go with multiturrets.
4. Should be improved for 2.1
5. Troman has done a lot of game balance changes for 2.1, might have changed.
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

are multiturrets already supporting multitype turrets? I mean, utilities and weapons.

And I think, as laser satellite is one of the ultimate weapons, that there shouldnt be any kind of defence against it
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

I think that if, in the 8 minutes or so it takes for the lassat to charge you do not manage to destroy the uplink building you kind of deserve what you get. The lassat structure is currently only just about viable: think of the time and power it takes to research and build it (and defend it). For it to be worthwhile it *has* to be bloody powerful.

Think about how many tanks you could build for the same price.

Regards, Freddie.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

Think about how many tanks you could build for the same price.
yeah, and it requires lots of time to recharge its shot too. It is definetly NOT overpowered
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

Some more annoyances:

-Trucks can't build on placecs where other units are positioned. They should evacuate the tiles when a truck arrives arrives.
- dragging 2 dimensional fields to build multiple rows of defences instead of the current lines. (trucks might build themselves in so this might not be impossible)
-in the cheat menu, (ctrl+o) enable dragging for all structures that can be build tile to tile such as hardpoints and bunkers. Also placing units this way would be nice. This would make cheating more fun :D
-Sometimes when giving units orders, they try to execute it, but there's something invisible that obstructs them and they start circling around.
-Apparently many users are experiencing very slow menus (1-2fps) I am also experiencing this lag but only when I enable my second videocard. I've got a GeForce 6800U to drive my main monitor and tv. And I have a pci GeForce2MX that drives my secondary monitor. Only when I disable (shutdown in hardware) I get no lag in menu.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

-in the cheat menu, (ctrl+o) enable dragging for all structures that can be build tile to tile such as hardpoints and bunkers. Also placing units this way would be nice. This would make cheating more fun

I hate placing one structure/unit at a time. It doesnt even looks like cheating, it is annoying  ;D

-Apparently many users are experiencing very slow menus (1-2fps) I am also experiencing this lag but only when I enable my second videocard. I've got a GeForce 6800U to drive my main monitor and tv. And I have a pci GeForce2MX that drives my secondary monitor. Only when I disable (shutdown in hardware) I get no lag in menu.
Hasnt this bug being fixed in 2.0.10? I had the same problem with 2.0.8.
Last edited by doom3r on 13 Jan 2008, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
Hatsjoe
Trained
Trained

Post by Hatsjoe »

then maybe my old GeForce2 just has some driver problems.

Anyway, Some other things:
-Savegames get arranged alphabetically. Chronologically is far more logical.
-Can you assign other keys to viewpanning than the arrow keys ?
-More ingame changeable options. (Only sound volumes now) difficulty for example, or team colors if possible, other graphical options,...
-Using control + dragging makes me add units to a selection, I think that pressing alt and dragging should deselect all units in selected area.
Last edited by Hatsjoe on 13 Jan 2008, 18:45, edited 1 time in total.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

a satellite dish is a fragile thing if it's not huge. my thought is that the defense against sat strikes should be easy: if the laser satellite facility is damaged more than 10%, then it is considered unoperational, and from the moment it is fully repaired after that you must wait however long was left on the sat 'reload' delay, or two minutes (to fire from *that* lassat struct), whichever is longer. however, the player should be able to build several lassat structs which tie into the same timer (so that if you've got at least one undamaged one when the timer would've gone off, then you can fire immediately, even if you've got 3 other ones that are damaged).  furthermore, if any lassat station is selected, even if it has only 10% hp, if there's an operational lassat owned by that player somewhere, it can be fired from (we shouldn't make the player find the right lassat building each time).

this should make it very lucrative to start suicide raids with vtols or whatever, as they can buy a lot of time.
EvilGuru
Regular
Regular

Post by EvilGuru »

kage wrote: a satellite dish is a fragile thing if it's not huge. my thought is that the defense against sat strikes should be easy: if the laser satellite facility is damaged more than 10%, then it is considered unoperational, and from the moment it is fully repaired after that you must wait however long was left on the sat 'reload' delay, or two minutes (to fire from *that* lassat struct), whichever is longer. however, the player should be able to build several lassat structs which tie into the same timer (so that if you've got at least one undamaged one when the timer would've gone off, then you can fire immediately, even if you've got 3 other ones that are damaged).  furthermore, if any lassat station is selected, even if it has only 10% hp, if there's an operational lassat owned by that player somewhere, it can be fired from (we shouldn't make the player find the right lassat building each time).

this should make it very lucrative to start suicide raids with vtols or whatever, as they can buy a lot of time.
I think it might cause people to leave a few trucks surrounding their lassat uplink building. A good suicide run should be able to destroy it anyway.

Regards, Freddie.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

If you are able to deal it 10% damage with VTOLs, you should be able to destroy it too.
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

doom3r wrote: If you are able to deal it 10% damage with VTOLs, you should be able to destroy it too.
Very true, and if i remember correctly even if you have researced all the structure/defense armor upgrades two shots from a fully upgraded VTOL bunker buster will destroy the laser satellite command post.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Post by Kayiaxo »

2.1 looks promising and interesting, I will definitely check it out once it's available.
Credits to Kacen for making the image.
doom3r
Regular
Regular

Post by doom3r »

of course, we're all waiting for 2.1 here.  :P