[3.1+] NullBot: an adaptive skirmish AI

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: [3.1+] NullBot: an adaptive skirmish AI

Post by aubergine »

Downloaded, will give it a try tomorrow. Was up all night coding so need some rest first...
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

NoQ, I am just curious: can you explan how "make existing anti-stuck mechanism more aggressive" works? :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Make it run after three regroup cycles in which the group didn't move, rather than after five.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Accepting feature requests for chat functionality, since it finally seems to be working.

Right now i think i've implemented switching subpersonalities in run-time. So, for instance, if you say "nb set mc", it switches to machineguns/cannons (only applies to generic AI).

Available in nullbot-git on warzone2100-git only so far.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

A command to allow an AI to take control of the player, so the player can sit back and watch the AI fight its opponents. :)

The command should be set up so that the player can specify which branch of the Nullbot AI it uses.

Speaking of branches, I believe you should make the default (randomly-chosen) AI personality use every available branch of weapons, instead of choosing a specific branch at random, including an adaptation to the Contingency Mod. This AI should be able to use every single weapon in the research tree.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
AycT
Rookie
Rookie

Re: NullBot: yet another AI for master

Post by AycT »

Terminator wrote:AI wars. I like this idea ! It would make a challenge for AI makers & will bring a better AI for warzone & community
Really itresting idea :idea:
But it's would be better if anybody will make e. g. "AI war mod" :roll:
Canons or missles? This is the question.

NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I believe you should make the default (randomly-chosen) AI personality use every available branch of weapons, instead of choosing a specific branch at random
This is already done (EASY difficulty works exactly like that, and that's exactly why it's called EASY).
A command to allow an AI to take control of the player, so the player can sit back and watch the AI fight its opponents.
I don't think it's possible.`
But it's would be better if anybody will make e. g. "AI war mod"
Load as many AI mods as you want simultaneously.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

This is already done (EASY difficulty works exactly like that, and that's exactly why it's called EASY).
Every time I play on easy on *any* branch, including generic, it always produces a specific branch of weapons. I don't see everything used by one AI.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Arreon wrote:A command to allow an AI to take control of the player, so the player can sit back and watch the AI fight its opponents. :)

The command should be set up so that the player can specify which branch of the Nullbot AI it uses.
@Arreon: Currently an AI can't control a human player, although there is some discussion about a centralised "multiplayer script environment" that might one day enable that sort of thing.

One other possibility is to load an AI in to rules.js (the script that controls the human player) during game, turning the human player in to an AI -- there would be no way to undo that action though. I'm working on a bunch of stuff to do with rules.js (nothing to do with nullbot) and will be releasing news on that side project sometime in December I hope.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@NoQ: Here's the list of chat commands I'm putting in to EggPlant (will be next year before it's released) if that's of any use? https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/disp ... t+Commands
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

This is getting off-topic, but hacking rules.js to pieces to take command of a human player is the wrong way to go about it. I have on my plan to implement a more general 'autogame on' for all AI scripts, eg 'loadAI semperfi.js' to load up that AI and give it control of your player (in cheat mode, of course).
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Per: If human player loaded an AI, would that AI replace their rules.js? (at which point things like situation reporting will stop working) or would it run in it's own environment? Anyways, I'm not sure if core game needs to do that sort of thing -- it's not like we're planning to demo WZ at the next big games conference or in shop windows?
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

When you would do 'loadAI semperfi.js', you would insert that AI into the scripting context set aside for AIs. The rules.js context remains as it were. While normal users won't have much use for this, it is immensely useful for testing. I use the 'autogame on' feature a lot while testing code, but that is limited to only running Nexus AI.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Arreon wrote:
Every time I play on easy on *any* branch, including generic, it always produces a specific branch of weapons. I don't see everything used by one AI.
Never seen this, on hundreds of tests. If it's so, it's a bug. Post a savegame with the generic AI.
cue
Trained
Trained

Post by cue »

I'm very glad to say that in our last game with the new NullBot the AI had no grouping stuck problems at all :)