restart

Ideas and suggestions for how to improve the Warzone 2100 base game only. Ideas for mods go in Mapping/Modding instead. Read sticky posts first!
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Re: restart

Post by cybersphinx »

medusa wrote:your page shows six active developers
Where one or two are not really active, and two others don't code on the game itself.
We want information... information... information.
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

cybersphinx wrote:
medusa wrote:your page shows six active developers
Where one or two are not really active, and two others don't code on the game itself.
you guys also have a serious communication disruption going by what I have been told in private correspondence.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

We have communication? O_o
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

Per wrote:We have communication? O_o
exactly my point. :roll:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

medusa wrote:
ok . here it is. either start assisting with the coding... or please leave the devs alone. simple easy to understand. ok? thanks.
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
medusa wrote:
ok . here it is. either start assisting with the coding... or please leave the devs alone. simple easy to understand. ok? thanks.
I don't know what your problem is but I am only trying to help.
all you need to do is ask everyone about what they think and you will see I am not far off the mark.
again, this is not a attack on anyone.
this is just a communication issue that can be worked out if they all get together and discuss it.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

i have no problem(s).

except for one - people complaining or suggesting the devs do this that and the other thing... as was stated , and in plain english, there is real life issues involved here... the devs are few, and to get all in the same place at the same time , takes a concerted effort..... now, as i said earlier - if you or others think you have all the answers, then by all means, bring the solutions to the fore and start in on whatever parts you can help with.

i am saying this without anger , with out being upset, with out malice aforethought... as i have always tried to do. in some cases i have / or may come across as a crotchety old man ( i am one... go figure eh!!).. but that is life. at least for me. what you state in your posts is acceptable - but - highly improbable for the reasons i just stated. irc dev channel - if your invited - is your best bet - ok?? thanks. :)
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

lav_coyote25 wrote:i have no problem(s).

except for one - people complaining or suggesting the devs do this that and the other thing... as was stated , and in plain english, there is real life issues involved here... the devs are few, and to get all in the same place at the same time , takes a concerted effort..... now, as i said earlier - if you or others think you have all the answers, then by all means, bring the solutions to the fore and start in on whatever parts you can help with.

i am saying this without anger , with out being upset, with out malice aforethought... as i have always tried to do. in some cases i have / or may come across as a crotchety old man ( i am one... go figure eh!!).. but that is life. at least for me. what you state in your posts is acceptable - but - highly improbable for the reasons i just stated. irc dev channel - if your invited - is your best bet - ok?? thanks. :)
you fail to notice that is what I am doing.
this project has no leadership.
once you start to talk to each individual wz|developer and ask them what they think you will see how bad the communication is.
what do you mean by if your invited?
there is a private section that they have someplace?
how do people get on the invite list?
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

I think currently the -dev channel needs a registered nick on freenode. It was invite-only some time ago.
We want information... information... information.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

we know. and this is the way it has been since day fracking one. we like it this way. no pressure from facist boss like individuals... no one gets paid. things get done eventually. you dont like something, grab a piece of the code and start improving on it. if you cant code, map, if you cant map, document, if you cant document, well play test... if you cant/wont play test... then go away in sharp jerky movements... no disrespect intended - just stating the way things are from my perspective... thanks for reading. :)
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
we know. and this is the way it has been since day fracking one. we like it this way. no pressure from facist boss like individuals... no one gets paid. things get done eventually. you dont like something, grab a piece of the code and start improving on it. if you cant code, map, if you cant map, document, if you cant document, well play test... if you cant/wont play test... then go away in sharp jerky movements... no disrespect intended - just stating the way things are from my perspective... thanks for reading. :)
that is not true.
you can tell who was the leader before.
another thing, why don't you guys kill that idea torrent?
it isn't even f***king used so why have it?
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

medusa wrote: that is not true.
so who was the leader if your so adamant about knowing who it was... give name(s).

as of killing the idea torrent - no. if you dont like it, dont go there. and as i have stated , time and again, if you can not code, map, if you can not map, then document. if you cant do any of that - then we cant help you. perhaps it is time to either start helping with coding or.... whatever.... we dont need your angry words getting all up in our faces. thanks for understanding. :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

if you can not code, map
:oops:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NoQ wrote:
if you can not code, map
:oops:
is nothing to be embarrassed about - your a good map maker. be proud!! :)
medusa
Trained
Trained

Post by medusa »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
medusa wrote: that is not true.
so who was the leader if your so adamant about knowing who it was... give name(s).

as of killing the idea torrent - no. if you dont like it, dont go there. and as i have stated , time and again, if you can not code, map, if you can not map, then document. if you cant do any of that - then we cant help you. perhaps it is time to either start helping with coding or.... whatever.... we dont need your angry words getting all up in our faces. thanks for understanding. :)
you still have no clue on how things should be run.
if something is advertised to post ideas on but it is never used then it serves no purpose at all. :roll:
this is not angry words.
this is helping you guys out by getting rid of things that are useless.