Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by Merowingg »

sg1efc hello :)

My pleasure :)

I have to admit that there is not many players who thank mapmakers as often as you do :)

Very kind of you :drinks:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Everyone who works on any open source project such as Warzone 2100, especially in their own free time and without being paid for their hard work, should always be Thanked by the people using their program. :)

The world would be a nicer place with more people saying Thank You and less complaints and whining. :wink: :)

By the way, any time I thank anyone here,it means that I not only wish to thank the map maker, but also everyone else who works on the other parts of the game. :drinks:
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

8c-Mero_NTWForts.wz is awesome! Trying the craters one next.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thanx aubergine :)

But with all the respect it is only ;) a NTW but I am trying to vary it as much as possible and it is just the beginning :lecture:

I just do need to manipulate with this pattern which in fact allows a lot of combinations :) the same with Squared :)

So again haters will hate :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

Good job mero awesome map :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thanx brakenfur :)

It is just a NTW ;) :hmm:

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

Every Kingdom has its mystic animals and creatures, so here are the first of them :) the four snakes are fierce and what is unusual about them is each of them has a head at each end.

The map is 180x180, for eight players, advanced bases are included, but no defence structures as I want the players to decide how to defend on the snakes. gateways are included. Finally it is 18 oils per player. 7 in base. 7 outside, and four on the isles.

The hills on each snake are to help to protect the land, also the small bases are protected by three cliff walls from three sides so a player could feel more safe.

The map can be FAA, but also for any type of game since 1v7 ending with 4v4 and any other combination.

What is more the interesting fact about this map is that it can be played by teams both vertically and horizontally :lecture: :)

!!! I do not type information that hovers or vtols are necessary to finish the game as in fact they are only in situation when the opponents are on different isle. Although it is necessary to state :lecture: !!!

Have fun Gentlemen :)
wz2100-20120329_141626-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_NTWSnakes.wz
Four fierce fearless snakes :) sss :) beware :)
(35.85 KiB) Downloaded 433 times

Regards - Mero
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Looks cool Mero, Thanks again. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thanx :3 :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I am very happy to announce that :!: NTWForts was a 100th map by me posted here on this thread :thank_you:

:wheee: :wheee: 100 :wheee: :wheee:

As I have promised 26, yes 26 :3 maps ago I will make a pack containing 25 maps every time next 25 is being made by me :lecture:

So here it is the third pack which contains maps 76 to 100 set in time line of this forum thread :lecture:

All the maps in the pack are as I use to say of extremely various kind but I am sure every player will find at least one that will not bore him to deatch :3

Maps are packed into RAR and ZIP files so download suitable one for you :)

I am very happy Gentlemen to be here :big_boss:

Thank you :thank_you:

Have unforgettable battles :Gigakach_01:

Bye :)
Attachments
Maps by Merowingg - 76 - 100 - Pack Three.zip
ZIP Pack :) maps from 76 to 100 :)
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 970 times
Maps by Merowingg - 76 - 100 - Pack Three.rar
RAR Pack :) maps from 76 to 100 :)
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 392 times

Regards - Mero
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Congratulations Mero, 100! :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thanx :)

But yh...
:bow2: :bow2: :bow2:
Just do not exaggerate :lecture:

Regards - Mero
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Merowingg wrote:Thanx :)

But yh...
:bow2: :bow2: :bow2:
Just do not exaggerate :lecture:
If I was going to exaggerate, I would have included 100 bowing smilies, instead of only 3 :bow2: :bow2: :bow2:

:wink:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I was thinking about it long time ago and recently it was JDW who inspired me to! renewing my old maps :) It is both great fun and nightmare for me.. because.. it is fun to look again at my first steps and recall things and ideas I was proud of :) but at the same time.. redoing it from very old FlaMe 1.02 times caused me a lot of trouble at some points.. and in fact it doo take a lot of time again as my main point is to renew the maps without letting them lost their spirit :lecture:

As a result the following description was created which will appear with every renewed by me map.

"GOTM" – Good Old Times Maps

This is one of the maps I made at the very beginning of my mapmaking journey but which I have renewed now. By renewed I mean the following things.

1)The amount of oil is reduced to 5 in base and another 7 per player on the map.
2) Very rich texturing is added. Advanced bases and gateways are added.
2) Rich amount of features is added.
4) On four players maps The Scavengers are added.
5) Some terrain changes were made where necessary due to correctness of what is considered to be standard.
6) Almost each map has its four and eight players version.

All maps having "GOTM" abbreviation in its description has characteristics mentioned above. When X is at the end of a map name it means it is for four players. When XX is at the end it means it is for eight players.

Also "GOTM" section will be created in the first post of this thread :)

When I will finish renewing those about fifteen maps, I will make special pack containing all of them :)

I will provide previews of eight player maps only! If there will be only four player map then the screen of the four player map will be provided.

Let's the journey into past begin :)
mero-mountainsxx.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_MountainsXX.wz
Mountains for 8 :)
(84.32 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
4c-Mero_MountainsX.wz
Mountains for 4 :)
(79.04 KiB) Downloaded 463 times

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

"GOTM" – Good Old Times Maps

This is one of the maps I made at the very beginning of my mapmaking journey but which I have renewed now. By renewed I mean the following things. The amount of oil is reduced to 5 in base and another 7 per player on the map. Very rich texturing is added. Advanced bases and gateways are added. Rich amount of features is added. On four players maps The Scavengers are added. Some terrain changes were made where necessary due to correctness of what is considered to be standard. Almost each map has its four and eight players version. All maps having "GOTM" abbreviation in its description has characteristics mentioned above. When X is at the end of a map name it means it is for four players. When XX is at the end it means it is for eight players.

Enjoy :)
mero-riverxx.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_RiverXX.wz
River for 8 :)
(93.91 KiB) Downloaded 437 times
4c-Mero_RiverX.wz
River for 4 :)
(91.54 KiB) Downloaded 403 times

Regards - Mero