[3.1] Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Re: Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod (beta) (for 3.1)

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

This is GREAT! These Scavengers are BRUTAL!

Very well done. :D
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:This is GREAT! These Scavengers are BRUTAL!
More brutality comming hold your breath
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

v0.08:
  • Now builds factories
  • More new amazing designs, including the brutal three-turret truck and minipod camper.
  • Better tank/tower balance: now builds towers only when having extra money, but without delays, no longer "patient" (:
  • Attack code improvements.
Last edited by NoQ on 27 Mar 2012, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

v1.0:
  • Now uses Mysteryem's scavenger tower, a bit more changes in the attack code.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

The truck might look better if it had only one big weapon instead of 3 small, and without the boxes they sit on. For example a medium cannon or a heavy repair turret.

You could give the bodies more power cost to balance their expansion and be more realistic. Maybe also less build time.
It seems like mods can add to body.ini by containing just the new entries btw.

Turtling is a good strategy for their construction, but I think they should be agressive with their attack units. They could just repeatedly wander to a random offset from their position.

How about more organised-looking defences, such as walls with corner towers around derrick?. Might be possible by ordering each build with orderDroidBuild.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Flail13 wrote:The truck might look better if it had only one big weapon instead of 3 small, and without the boxes they sit on. For example a medium cannon or a heavy repair turret.
But multi-turret scavenger tank sounds cute! :oops: Berg what do you think?
Flail13 wrote:You could give the bodies more power cost to balance their expansion and be more realistic. Maybe also less build time.
It seems like mods can add to body.ini by containing just the new entries btw.
Probably. I'd also like to modify defenses to increase the build time. I'd also like to make scavenger lancer more hard-hitting.
Flail13 wrote:Turtling is a good strategy for their construction, but I think they should be agressive with their attack units. They could just repeatedly wander to a random offset from their position.
Currently, they produce units constantly and build towers only when they have unused power. They also make sure they have at least one factory per 3 derricks. They also keep a certain amount of units for defense, but certainly not all of them.
Flail13 wrote:How about more organised-looking defences, such as walls with corner towers around derrick?. Might be possible by ordering each build with orderDroidBuild.
It's hard to check if we are blocking ourselves with these defenses (js doesn't know wether a certain tile is passable or not).
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I think the truck would look better with one big weapon on the back - something like a howitzer or archangel missile?

I think they should grab any available oil resources they find, build defences round them and where needed extra factories and pgens. I'd like to start seeing scavs setting up more camps around the map as I always imagined they would create lots of little bases. Currently, if you take out their original bases they seem to just give up and die, even if they have some cranes left - would be good if in that scenario they have their cranes build factories (to make more cranes!) wherever they currently are, rather than trying to build on original locations.

In terms of finding good places to build defences, one thing that could be done is find a good place where a normal factory (as in what normal players build) can be made = 3x3 tiles of prime real estate. You can then build corner towers in the corners, something in the middle and then walls between the corners to get a nice little defence cluster.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Today scavs ...tomorrow the world.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

How does one explain this: :lol2:

Another problem I found is that the tech tree is scrambled. I was using Noq's Nullbot AI at the time, as well as the scavenger mod.
Attachments
Warzone 2100 glitch.png
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Walking Mortars FTW! WANT! :D
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

:shock: what sort of player made that? XD :hmm: no idea what might have caused it.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

When did it become possible to define multiple turrets on buildDroid() ? I thought it only allowed 1 turret to be defined?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

In latest version, it seems that once all oil resources have derricks on them the scavs will stop thinking about oil resources - so when oil resources later become available, they don't seem to be building on them?
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

i noticed that the scav trucks or what ever u want to call them for the most point weren't doing much besides building one or two derricks i don't see much of a diffence with the mod or is it just me?
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Brakenfur: maybe you installed the mod in the wrong place? Or maybe their cranes were destroying when they were trying to get more derricks.
But im sure NoQ will know more the reason of why that happened.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501