Merowingg's Maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Re: Merowingg's Maps

Post by noname1208 »

I can't wait to get my computer... the smaller one I'm borrowing doesn't have the capacity to play the games like wz2100 :(
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hi :)

I think you have bad luck.. Why you cannot use your computer again :(
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

For some reason it refuses to charge... Therefor its just a useless lump of tech untill I find out whats wrong :|
"The one who looks on from the shadows and silently observes learns the most and is not shunned by either side"
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I see.. but still I consider it to be bad luck of yours..

I want also to announce that I am unbelievably busy lately due to exams on the university and other life stuff, but next week I will try to make a map as I cannot stand the fact that I didnt create anything lately :(

And the more I am made to wait the more ideas I have.. maybe I will combine them :hmm:

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

At a very big distance from the NTW castle lives the hermit :) as a hermit he preffers to live alone away from other people.

When finally somone come across his path he challenge him in various ways, that is why the map I am presenting now is 1v1 :)

The map is 220x80, for two players, advanced bases and the scavengers are included. 12 oils in base and another 18 around the map.

It has some features according to which according to me I subcalled it NTW. It is the typical frame, and rectangle or square base. I wanted it to be more interesting so I have put some cliffs, hills and enormous craters on it, and some lakes too :lecture:

Each base is divided partly in two equal halfs. And the bases are not so extremely defended this time but still appreciably.

It will be in two players section, as in NTW section we rather expect to have let me say typical ;) NTWs.

P.S.

I want to remind that you can easily navigate through the thread by going int the first post in this thread and using the legend.

I would be also very happy to hear some word from you :lecture: I know it seems that I am crazy mapmaker ;) but still you can inspire me or improve me :lecture:

Bye :) have fun :)
wz2100-20120210_231012-Mero_NTWHermit-T1.png
Attachments
2c-Mero_NTWHermit.wz
Alone hermit who chose to be so :)
(28.74 KiB) Downloaded 624 times

Regards - Mero
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Great maps.

I downloaded few maps because i can t host. :(
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you very much Giani :) my pleasure :)

Why you cannot host ?? Is it because you have to slow internet ? if yes we can do nothing about that.. but if it is because the lobby says you have to open port 2100 then you can do it yourself :) Read instruction about how to do it in help section, or type about it on our IRC channel which address you can find to the right on the main page here :) For sure somone will help you with that. If the problem is of different kind you still can ask here on forum in help section or on IRC :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I have noticed a long time ago that players when in teams very often act on their own and do not care abouyt what is happening with their team mates.. as a respond I have made this map :) It is called a Star because it partly looks like star, as always according to me ;) but the most important thing is the layout of the bases.

As you can clearly see the bases of two players in each corner of the map are entirely mixed up. So the best way to win the game is to cooperate while playing with advanced bases, but when with advanced bases off you have to kindly share the oil at your valley and the passage to it :)

The map is so designed that if one of the players quits the game, the other still can properly defend himself :)

The map is 200 x 200, for 8 players, it is 2v2v2v2 or 4v4, or 1v(any number). There is 25 oils in one combined base and another 15 in the passage and around the map. So it is 20 oils per player. Advanced bases are included.

The entire base look impressive and is not ectremely heavily fortified although it has nice features here there and everywhere :)

Also remember that on my maps there might be some hiden places many may not think about :) I am not promising you will find anything there but still remember to travel around :)

!!! The map cannot be played 1v1 while inside the same valley. The reason is simple the bases are extrememly mixed up so all the defences will immediatelly start shooting at each other, and then on just produced units. Please have it on mind!!!

Have fin gentlemen :)
wz2100-20120213_204427-Mero_Star-T1.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_Star.wz
A pleasure of cooperation :)
(57.43 KiB) Downloaded 556 times

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

Just a random comment, but I'm one of those players that usually end up getting themselves killed while sending alot of units to help support an ally :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

noname1208 :)

It is a very good thing you do, believe me many do not care about the others.. what I have noticed when helping each other you can earn a lot of friends :) it happend to me on our IRC channel many times :)

What you have to know, but probably you know already :) is to send your units when you know you can help, if you know they will die like flies, it is not worth it.. at least wait to produce more of them. Also showing by droping bacon to a friend where he has missed some defences, or even approaching danger is very good. And when you see that he dies, give him trucks in your base, I repeat trucks, becuse man give only one truck... which I consider to be a terrible thing because it takes ages for that person to do anything.. I do give them at least foru each time if the conditions allow.

Ok time to enjoy visiting FlaMe :)

Regards - Mero
noname1208
Trained
Trained

Post by noname1208 »

If I see that my ally is going to die and most of my people too, I'll usually send them anyway in hopes of distracting the enemy :3 (Sometimes but usually doesn't work :stare: ) and if they do die I give not trucks but a cyborg transport with 4 cyborg "trucks" :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ah drawing away attention sounds good :)

I like the transport with cyborgs idea too :)

P.S.

I am working on a new map :)

Regards - Mero
brakenfur
Trained
Trained

Post by brakenfur »

great when is it coming out
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

brakenfur hello! :)

Thank you very much for yesterdays help! I will try to upload the map now.. if I will not manage to do it, then I will try the work thing :)

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

The map is called VTOLS Wars because it focuses almost entirely on using VTOLs and they are the necessary and only possible way on this particular map to finish the game :lecture:

No other mean of destruction can go to the opponents bases on the other side of the map because in exact middle of the map there is impassable wall which can be crossed by no wheels, halftracks, tracks or even hover.

The map is 200x200, I planned it in such way so there is enougch room to built appropriate AA and plan the other base structures appropriately to VTOLs and VTOLs only attacks. The map is for eight players, and may be 3v3 or 4v4, 2v2 even, or any combination of 1/2 v1/2/3/4 and so on. Very important thing is that the opponents have to be on the opposite sides of the wall.
The map has advanced bases but very limited. There is no defence structure and no single AA included. It is up to you how you will defend and how place the AA. It is made for you to make you train the VTOLs area of the game. There is eight oils in base and another twelve around the map.

Again I used rich texturing, and some places are worth visiting. Do not underestimate long passages here there and everywhere. Also the islands accessible only by hovers can be of great importance. Think of what appropriate radars or long range weapons can do from there.

Also there are four very big LZs (landing zones) on the map which can be easily forgotten during the war chaos and think what if an enemy transport lands there.. or you can think of building a secret base on their side!

Ok so I repeat.

!!!The map is for VTOLS only! They are necessary to finish the game. You can also use cyborg transports to go onto enemys side. No other units than VTOLS, so wheels, halftracks, tracks, hovers will not be able to go onto enemys side because THERE IS UNPASSABLE WALL in the middle of the map. VTOLS HAVE TO BE TURNED ON to finish games on this map!!!

I did the name most clear as I could to indicate the VTOLS importance on it.

Have nice flights Gentlemen :)
wz2100-20120305_161911-main.png
Attachments
8c-Mero_VTOLSWars.wz
VTOLS training for everyone :)
(50.45 KiB) Downloaded 536 times

Regards - Mero