3.1 beta2 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

3.1 beta2 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).

Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don't expect old mods to work either.

2.3 is now officially unsupported.

Changes since beta1: Fixes for savegames including the missing unit designs. In multiplayer, don't allow more players to join a game than fit on the selected map. Only allow unit design and radar while an HQ exists in the campaign. See below for more details.

If you notice issues with savegames, please try if they're reproducible with a game started from the current version. Old savegames can probably be loaded, but they might already contain wrong data.

Known Bugs:
See also: http://developer.wz2100.net/report/17

Changes since the 2.3 series:
(Items marked with a * were already in the cancelled 3.0 series) Changelog for 3.1 beta2:
GeneralSavegamesUI
  • Fix: Show loading indicator when loading the game (#3104, 7859582f13)
  • Fix: Make aborted research disappear from its research facility again (#3130, ae59186a07)
  • Fix: Show obsolete droids in production, to allow cancelling building them (24d0d1b64c)
  • Fix: Properly enable Teams and Ready buttons (108b5ef10a)
  • Fix: Only flash the research button when there is something to research and a free research facility to do so (#1835, 8d92594676)
  • Fix: Only highlight the player's own ready button on hovering (51b92cd05f)
Multiplayer
  • Fix: Actually consider AIs and closed slots when checking if players can still join (#3089, 7f7390cb7e, 32a7fe731c)
  • Fix: Make the latency guesser less optimistic, should reduce freezes (8ab7ba79bc)
  • Fix: Don't lock people out of other games after getting kicked from one (415f6fe590)
  • Fix: While loading the game, show the chat console and player status (fc708d6787)
Campaign Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /ChangeLog
Full list of changes since 3.1_beta1: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... v3.1_beta2

Bug Reports:
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.

See BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.
We want information... information... information.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: 3.1 beta2 has been released!

Post by aubergine »

w00t - you guys are on a roll! looking good so far, will report back after a few days of testing
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

WZ 3.1.2 crashes when trying to start new game with 1.10 mod. Will start game with vanilla. RPT attached.

map - rolling hills. tried third time with rift valley, which also crashed.
Attachments
Warzone2100.RPT
crash reports
(8.47 KiB) Downloaded 521 times
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

cybersphinx wrote:Known Bugs:
This list doesn't include tickets submitted as "3.1 and master" (:
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Played several skirmish games on this release and everything seems OK.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
sensor
Trained
Trained

Post by sensor »

The new versions of the master and 3.1 RPT file is not created, and stderr when choosing the option to play without Scavengers. When I select the game from scavengers, then the RPT file is created.
Are problems with crashes may have something to do with the NVIDIA graphics card?

I have the same problem with the modem (1.10) and from the ordinary mode of the game.
Attachments
RPT + netplay + WZlog.7z
(2.49 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

NoQ wrote:
cybersphinx wrote:Known Bugs:
This list doesn't include tickets submitted as "3.1 and master" (:
That was intentional, because it included old, retargeted tickets. But I guess those get sorted down anyway.
We want information... information... information.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

the loading screen doesn't show fast enough when you are not the host
the other bugs I reported are not fixed from beta1, still can't kick anyone if host!
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

what are these files in the logs directory?
Attachments
desync1802_p1.txt
(49.95 KiB) Downloaded 504 times
desync1802_p0.txt
(49.95 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
mescaline
Greenhorn

Post by mescaline »

1)if you open army menu(where you choose your units what to do, like attack position, back to base with damage) sometimes you can't do anything in it or just close it
2)in campaign in all missions whereyou need to fly to somewhere, on new map losing tank project menu and map(on beta1 it was fine)
conker
New user

Post by conker »

Dont kill me, im new and i don't know if it's a feature or a bug: Anyone ever noticed that my artillery kills my own towers/defence buildings when a unit is very close to them? For example you build a lancer tower, wich can not shot directly in front of it and a enemy tank is campinbg arround. Then my mortars behind the tower just kill my own defences... Is that a feature? If so i don't like it :-( It's realistic, ok but it limit you in the way of defences you can build.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

conker: It has always been like that. Artillery splash damage does friendly fire. Flamers and bombs don't.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

conker, yes it's a feature. The balance of the game take that splash in consideration. Your mortars would cost more and do less damage if there was not that risk of splash. You need to manage them so it doesn't happen too much. maybe you could try to use bunker on the front line. Those are very resistant to mortars, and don't forget to upgrade your walls :).
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Trifler
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Trifler »

Unfortunately I'm still encountering loading problems. I've made it to campaign mission 1C (where you repulse the attack on your base from New Paradigm) and when I loaded, my list of unit designs was out of order and I got an error message stating it couldn't find my Sound ID.

"Only allow unit design and radar while an HQ exists in the campaign."
This has inadvertently removed the Unit Design button and mini-map from campaign missions that take place away from base (using the Transport). This is a valuable thing to have since you often build units at your base during the mission and fly them in.

Also, if not too much trouble, it would be nice if the green part of the power bar was displayed on the right instead of the left since currently it becomes hidden if your power has more than three digits.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Some guy (under windows 7) reports that sound volume configuration in game doesn't work; it works fine in main menu though. Anybody else has this? Cause works for me.