3.1 beta1 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

3.1 beta1 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

The 3.1 series is the first based on the new netcode, with new terrain renderer and many other changes. The main target are systems capable of OpenGL 2.0 (with shaders), but at least the important things like team colours should work with OpenGL 1.4+ (some things might look strange though).

Configuration uses a new directory, if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations). Note that savegames from 2.3 and 3.0 are incompatible, only those from newer master snapshots might still work. For mods it depends on what they do, don't expect old mods to work either.

2.3 is now officially unsupported.

Known Bugs:
  • Loading/saving does not always work (#3103)
See also: http://developer.wz2100.net/query?versi ... 1&order=id

Changes since the 2.3 series:
  • New terrain renderer
  • Support for 3/5/6/7 player maps
Changes since the 3.0 beta series: Changelog for 3.1 beta1:
General
  • Change: Incendiary damage doesn't affect allies, affect features (4657de6ee7)
  • Fix: Incendiary armour works properly again (#3078, 666ea1050e)
  • Fix: Patrol order (f2104c1836)
  • Fix: Make pathfinding find straighter paths on average (bd38bfd28d)
UI
  • Change: Redesign lobby screen, shows disabled tanks/cyborgs/vtols (617e4c01e1)
  • Fix: Prevent players from choosing already used colours (#3043, 7656d2f84b)
  • Fix: Make aborted research disappear from its research facility (#3046, 03833edf3f)
  • Fix: Make models on buttons (research, build etc.) rotate at all frame rates (#3082, 6e00044711)
  • Fix: Make sure the unit order buttons show the correct unit state, and orders are executed correctly (4b53782254)
MultiplayerChallengesTranslations Changelog for older versions: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... /ChangeLog
Full list of changes since master_20120109: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... v3.1_beta1

Bug Reports:
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.

See BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge.
We want information... information... information.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: 3.1 beta1 has been released!

Post by aubergine »

yay! :)

Will give it a try after I get back from my business trip.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

cybersphinx wrote: if you want to use old mods/maps/savegames, you need to copy them (see FileLocations).
If you want to play old mods. DO NOT move them ! Their must be more snowball in hell than old mod that can work on that version. :wink:
cybersphinx wrote: [*] Fix: Incendiary armour works properly again (#3078, 666ea1050e)
Did you installed the balance i gave you, also featuring the correction for the inferno power change that wil (again) destroy everything in their path ?
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

found 2 bugs.
one is when you are in the screen waiting to start a game and you click ready there is a long delay where there is nothing happening and it seems like the game crashed
the other is when you load a game it does the same thing. there is a long delay where there is nothing happening no progress bar or anything to show you it is loading
no framerate issues with this and the last version :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
sensor
Trained
Trained

Post by sensor »

At the second attempt to load the game shows "Crahed Warzone." Often when I plant it has no visible project trucks viper.
Attachments
wz2100-20120130_044655-Sk-Startup.jpg
Warzone Crashed.jpg
Warzone2100.RPT
(4.41 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

can you guys make it show if the game in the lobby is set for low or medium or high power and the same for bases and also what the limits are?
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Downloaded linux tarball. Msg about 'hg identify: option -B not recognized', followed by compiler errors that suggest autorevision.sh produced a crappy version.cpp.

Trying to make again to get nice error msgs for cut & paste - autorevision.sh script is hanging...
driver4
Trained
Trained

Post by driver4 »

It's going good except for stuttering when I move the camera around my base or to other bases and some areas.
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

sensor wrote:At the second attempt to load the game shows "Crahed Warzone." Often when I plant it has no visible project trucks viper.
Please create a bug report and upload the logs there.
zany wrote:found 2 bugs.
one is when you are in the screen waiting to start a game and you click ready there is a long delay where there is nothing happening and it seems like the game crashed
the other is when you load a game it does the same thing. there is a long delay where there is nothing happening no progress bar or anything to show you it is loading
Both of those things are from something I committed which unmasked very minor issues in different areas of the code (the issues are more or less purely visual).
zany wrote:no framerate issues with this and the last version :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Vsync enabled should be working better now too, I think enabled should be the preferred setting.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

It's all looking good here on Mac OS X 10.5.8 :)
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Does this release include the latest JS API from master?
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

At the time of writing, it contains everything in master except for a Semperfi-JS bugfix (and Semperfi-JS is disabled in 3.1), so the JS API should be included.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

aubergine wrote:Does this release include the latest JS API from master?
Cyp wrote:At the time of writing, it contains everything in master except for a Semperfi-JS bugfix (and Semperfi-JS is disabled in 3.1), so the JS API should be included.
So we will see some first draft AI's aubergine ?

and new path finding?

the future looks bright
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Thanks! i hope more players than before can start play master, even it is not perfect but now i see it competitive to 2.3.9 :)
Iluvalar wrote: Did you installed the balance i gave you, also featuring the correction for the inferno power change that wil (again) destroy everything in their path ?
Balance changes not detected by my program.

cybersphinx wrote: 2.3 is now officially unsupported.
you should ban 2.3x games from lobby server :ninja:
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

i found nice feature, see players list on screenshot below and note its Sk-Rush!
i did not clicked any ready buttons, just joined full room :)
wz2100-20120130_220818-Sk-Rush.png