why is it that vtol patrol no longer works properly.

Do you need help? Ask here!

Bug reporting belongs here: http://developer.wz2100.net/newticket
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

why is it that vtol patrol no longer works properly.

Post by lav_coyote25 »

why is it that vtol patrol no longer works properly.???????

as you can see by the picture - i wanted the vtols to patrol in the red box. where they ended up going is far from where they were supposed to go. is this some new thing??? if so it is not a good thing.
Attachments
vtol patrol wrong on Sk-fortress12-T1.jpg
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: why is it that vtol patrol no longer works properly.

Post by aubergine »

Did they see an enemy target and go off to chase it?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

aubergine wrote:Did they see an enemy target and go off to chase it?
no. if it was that i could understand that happening. no. something has changed in the code.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

and here is the 2.3.9 version of the same thing. please note the text. thanks :)

you have asked for feedback and error reporting. well, here it is.
Attachments
vtol patrol right on 239 Sk-fortress12-T1.jpg
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

I just tried it, definitely broken, they seem to patrol between the origin, that is (0,0) in world coordinates, and the patrol point.
That's soooo wrong.

Thanks for testing & reporting lav_coyote!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

i just tested the latest master...http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/warzon ... 318953.exe

input a patrol set of points ... what they ended up doing was initial patrol fine... went back to rearm, and then went 90 degrees to where they were supposed to go... and the stop in mid air turn end for end killing the pilot in doing so is still there, ie: getting killed by AA because they don't have a proper short circle egress. they dump their momentum by flipping end end for end and in doing so offer their butts to the AA god. who does oblige them willingly ( shoots them down... if they had a better exit , yes they may end up getting shot, but wouldn't be fatal... circle patrol works fine as far as i can see. go figure. :lol2:

i guess i will have to do up a vid. seems no one believes this. :stressed:
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

lav_coyote25 wrote:i guess i will have to do up a vid. seems no one believes this. :stressed:
I just pushed a fix to master for the returning to the origin bug, now nobody will believe you! muahahah :twisted: (just kidding around)

It doesn't fix the way they move, I see what you mean about offering their butts to the AA guns.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Safety0ff wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote:i guess i will have to do up a vid. seems no one believes this. :stressed:
I just pushed a fix to master for the returning to the origin bug, now nobody will believe you! muahahah :twisted: (just kidding around)

It doesn't fix the way they move, I see what you mean about offering their butts to the AA guns.
thing is , in 2.3.9 they dont do that. what was changed? just curious.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Safety0ff wrote:

well, thanks for fixing that bug.... now if you could only fix the end for end , as that is really annoying. again thanks. :)
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

lav_coyote25 wrote:thing is , in 2.3.9 they dont do that. what was changed? just curious.
Many many things have changed between 2.3.9 and master, but this particular change looks like it might be from #1691 (I haven't checked for sure though).