New master snapshot 20120109 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

New master snapshot 20120109 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

New year, new master snapshot.

Again lots of changes since the last snapshot. This one will hopefully lead to a 3.1 release soon (yes, we'll skip 3.0, since things are quite different than in the 3.0 betas). For one thing, window and input is by default handled by SDL again, hopefully solving Qt-related performance problems some people were seeing. For comparison, a Qt-version is also available here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... p/download. Put the expanded warzone2100qt.exe into your Warzone folder and run it instead of the normal one. On Linux, run "./configure --with-backend=qt", then compile and run as usual. The lobby login support is gone again for now, since unfortunately nobody had time to fix some outstanding issues.

Also, thanks to Emdek who played through it and tested fixes, the campaign should be completable now. And there is support for stored templates, where you can save a unit design, and it'll appear in your build menu automatically once all required research is done.

Changelog:
GeneralCampaign
  • Fix: Allow taking control of allied team in mission Gamma 4 again (#1855, a4a10cf6ec)
  • Fix: Recognize recovered artifact in mission Gamma 5 (#3027, 8cca01dfe2)
  • Fix: Make mission Gamma 6 work (555cb0dfa7)
SavegamesPathfindingGraphicsUI
  • Change: Add a short delay for the hover map preview (85974cab80)
  • Change: Make UI respond instantly when holding/cancelling production/research (5c2cf9fa06)
  • Fix: Use correct colour for scavengers in the map preview (b62e7d3358)
Translations Full list of changes: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... r_20120109

Bug Reports:
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed. If you have trouble getting the game to work at all, consider a forum thread, you will probably get help faster that way.

See BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge. Direct download links:
Source (Linux): http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... z/download
Windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... e/download
Mac: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... g/download
We want information... information... information.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: New master snapshot 20120109 has been released!

Post by NoQ »

Excellent news! I'm on it (:
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Thanks for the update, however there seems to be a show-stopper bug: On the mac version, the turrets (eg. AA turrets, bunkers, etc) never appear in the research area so I can't research/build any base defences.

UPDATE: I think this issue might be caused by the limits mod: http://addons.wz2100.net/mod/limits -- I've removed it and am testing again.

UPDATE 2: Confirmed that mod limits 2.0 breaks things - removing the mod sorts the problem.

And a minor thing - Cmd modifier key (preferred for mac users) has reverted to Ctrl modifier key (not ideal on a mac) since the last master.

Semperfi JS AI never builds anything.
Last edited by aubergine on 10 Jan 2012, 14:30, edited 1 time in total.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Navvarr
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Navvarr »

I'm finding that skirmish isn't working for me.

I've tried a few times and keep getting errored out.

Error messages- [datascriptloadVals] Script cam3tech.vlo did not compile

[resLoad] Failed to parse wrf/multires3.wef

[startGameLoop] Shutting down after failure

I've tried a few times -trying to run Misa Maze T3 8 players (insane) - and i get this message.

Anyone else able to check this is a bug or a problem with my set up. -It worked fine on the last build.
Cheers
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Navvarr - I get same problem on Sk-MisaMaze-T3 8 players (insane).

I've not had chance to test many other maps, but Sk-GreatRift-T1 & Sk-cockate-T1 work fine for me.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Thanks for mentioning. ;-)
If someone wants to test campaign here are my savegames:
http://emdek.pl/testy/tmp/wz/savegames.tar.bz2
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
dak180
Trained
Trained

Post by dak180 »

aubergine wrote:And a minor thing - Cmd modifier key (preferred for mac users) has reverted to Ctrl modifier key (not ideal on a mac) since the last master.
This is a result of switching back to the SDL backend and is unlikely to change back barring a contributed patch.
User:dak180
Keeper of the Mac Builds
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

How is new template saving feature related to command center? For example, if i have pre-defined mg viper wheels, it seems as if i can start producing them without having to build a command center (30 seconds earlier than my enemy who didn't do it yet).

I believe the available template set is to be frozen while the player doesn't have a CC.
Axel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Axel »

How is new template saving feature related to command center? For example, if i have pre-defined mg viper wheels, it seems as if i can start producing them without having to build a command center (30 seconds earlier than my enemy who didn't do it yet).

I believe the available template set is to be frozen while the player doesn't have a CC
I agree with it
I play also under names: Zames, Cruel, Trauma
Steve Jobs
Trained
Trained

Post by Steve Jobs »

I agree with NoQ
Jack Sheppard
New user

Post by Jack Sheppard »

NoQ wrote:

I believe the available template set is to be frozen while the player doesn't have a CC

I also agree with it
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Most WZ gamers (on Windows) who play online hesitate to install a new master release because they don't want to have to download a fresh new exe file all over again. Is it possible to have some sort of patch EXE file that can be applied over previous master installations? If so, that would encourage more people to try the master releases. This is simply feedback. Not a request. :)
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

NoQ wrote:How is new template saving feature related to command center? For example, if i have pre-defined mg viper wheels, it seems as if i can start producing them without having to build a command center (30 seconds earlier than my enemy who didn't do it yet).

I believe the available template set is to be frozen while the player doesn't have a CC.
It's more likely that this is a bug.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

T2 and T3 do not work. Sorry.

Stored templates allows you to circumvent the restriction on when you can add templates. This was known, and we are thinking about ways to fix this.