New master snapshot 20111204 has been released!

The projects speaking tube.
Add your two cents if you want to.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

New master snapshot 20111204 has been released!

Post by cybersphinx »

New master snapshot. Took a bit longer than the last one, but has a lot more changes as well.

For one, the old fallback for teamcolours with OpenGL 1.4+ was included again. The main target is still OpenGL 2.0, but at least it now runs on older hardware, and you can actually tell friends and foes apart. Also some work on walls and blueprints, see the changelog for details.

Savegames from master_20111107 should still work.

We could use some community help with the following:
  • test saving / loading of campaign games.
  • overall performance of the game in both single player & multiplayer.
  • specific performance of the game (scrolling around, testing with Vsync on/off)
  • multiplayer game testing!
  • spotting campaign bugs

Changelog:
General
  • Change: Remove the rule that made droids fire and move slower when damaged, since it was confusing and led to less tactical play (88815c3e8b)
  • Change: Scrolling stops instantly when changing direction to make it more accurate (943b4c345d)
  • Change: Allow building gates on top of walls (a7b2a5b45f)
  • Change: Units spin on the spot when turning large angles (#1691, 4b08dd0b0c)
  • Fix: Try to improve pathfinding behaviour (828fea7ba0)
  • Fix: Don't pathfind through unfinished gates (e0362c3639)
  • Fix: Make sure that the win/lose messages are shown for the players who actually won/lost (bf6e450a30)
  • Fix: Make sure units are linked to their commander when loading a game (#2928, 47ac282bcd)
  • Fix: Allow unloading single droids from transporters again (#2617, 2a4a8a6884)
  • Fix: Do not report incomplete structures as damaged, unless they actually were (#1911, 8d7df45d35)
  • Fix: Make trucks not stop building a wall when its type changes due to connecting with other walls (0898e56847)
  • Fix: Don't cancel an order queue when trying to build an unresearched module (#2797, a4ac61551c)
  • Fix: Loading/saving of rearm functionality (ae2896fcb1)
GraphicsUI
  • Change: Animate changes in power, only for the UI (53e042be15)
  • Change: In multiplayer/skirmish setup, show map preview for the map the mouse is hovering over (48eda8df50)
  • Fix: Don't close the build menu unless all selected trucks are destroyed (e2cec52929)
  • Fix: Make sure new radar modes are always used (7861f33505)
AIs
  • Change: Make sure Nexus and Semperfi land AIs research half-tracks early on (#2953, e15eaa349f)
MapsTranslations Full list of changes: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... r_20111204

Bug Reports:
This release probably contains bugs, please report them so they can be fixed.

See BugReporting for details, in short:
  • Search the existing tickets for your problem, if the problem has already been fixed in git, the ticket will be closed.
  • If there is an open one already, feel free to add more info to it.
  • If there is no report yet, make a new ticket (one per issue).
  • Be as detailed as possible in both summary and description, and either log in with your forum account or leave an email address so we can contact you if we need more information.
  • The more information we have, the easier it is to fix problems (or the other way around, the harder it is for us to reproduce a problem, the less likely it is to get fixed), so include savegames/instructions to reproduce the bug, crashdumps, backtraces, screenshots for graphical problems... whatever is relevant.
  • When you attach files to a ticket, please add each text/image file separately and uncompressed, so we can view them easily in trac (savegames can and should be zipped, they consist of name.gam, possibly name.es, and the files in the name/ folder).
Known Bugs:
  • Crashes when clicking too fast to unload single droids from a transport. (a35ff1e8fe)
Download:
As usual, downloads can be found on our download page or directly on Sourceforge. Direct download links:
Source (Linux): http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... z/download
Windows: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... e/download
Mac: http://sourceforge.net/projects/warzone ... g/download
We want information... information... information.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: New master snapshot 20111204 has been released!

Post by JDW »

Awesome, that's quite a big list of changes/fixes! Thanks.

And I love the way that the factory modules are built now, very cool.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

Amazing timing! I´ve got five days of vacation, means I should be able to play the new master a little more 8)
Again thank you guys for improving Warzone again!!
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Also, for modders, the limits on number of research items and their dependencies have been removed, and the columns at the end of research.txt that required you to specify in advance how many dependencies each research item had are no longer used. Any limits in the GUI on how many items you can display at once have not been changed.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Excellent release. So many good news! :D

There also seem to be a new oil derrick model. By the way, i didn't really like it; looks a bit too toyish. Probably slightly desaturating this blue thing at the bottom would help? :)
Change: In multiplayer/skirmish setup, show map preview for the map the mouse is hovering over
Cool, but probably add a slight delay for this? Something like "keep the mouse on top of the map name for 500ms before seeing the preview" ... cause it's too flashy :geek:
Change: Readd the team colour fallback for OpenGL 1.4+
Iluvalar? (:
Change: Make sure Nexus and Semperfi land AIs research half-tracks early on
Unfortunately, they don't have early-enough halftracks templates. The first half-tracked unit you see is usually MRA or lancer cobra (though they certainly do come out earlier now). Light cannon viper HTs are delayed because the AI researches light cannons much later. Probably need to add TMG, HMG and minipod viper half-tracks templates.
Mats
Trained
Trained

Post by Mats »

I agree with NoQ on delaying map previews. It looks a bit crazy with no delay at the moment.
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

NoQ wrote:There also seem to be a new oil derrick model. By the way, i didn't really like it; looks a bit too toyish. Probably slightly desaturating this blue thing at the bottom would help? :)
Well, at least the texture coordinates now point to useful areas in the texture that can be modified, and not random areas leading to alpha-holes in the model...
We want information... information... information.
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Correction on the mac build link... it make u try to download the md5. not the dmg.

Gr8 work. Now i can go back into hiding :P
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I miss the new "master_20111204" line in the new ticket form version combobox.
upd: thanks (:
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Per wrote:Also, for modders, the limits on number of research items and their dependencies have been removed, and the columns at the end of research.txt that required you to specify in advance how many dependencies each research item had are no longer used. Any limits in the GUI on how many items you can display at once have not been changed.
This is great news, I guess I will see about ressurecting my factions mod proof-of-concept over the christmas break. Any idea if being way over the previous limit will have a noticable effect on the game?

Concerning the previously wierd looking oil derricks, they were using Berg's textures, but still using the original model, so the polygons were still mapped to the old texture page. The textures managed to sneak in during the move to tcmask support when he helped out with updating the texpages.
Old model with old textures (v2.3)
Old model with Berg's textures with tcmask support (previous master builds)
Berg's model with Berg's textures (wzgm)
And, here is the new model. Again with Berg's textures (this master snapshot)
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Mysteryem wrote:And, here is the new model. Again with Berg's textures (this master snapshot)
Might have to check that last one I dont remeber a tcmask on the box part??
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Berg wrote:
Mysteryem wrote:And, here is the new model. Again with Berg's textures (this master snapshot)
Might have to check that last one I dont remeber a tcmask on the box part??
I meant that they're the textures you made, and that I think cybersphinx fixed up the texture coordinates in the model so that it looks better with them. As opposed to what it was before, with the newer textures, but still using the old texture coordinates.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Next trick Master needs to fix the uneven terrain to structures...
:ninja:
bunker.jpg
bunker.jpg (21.33 KiB) Viewed 18931 times
PS> Still cant toggle between windowed and full screen on Ubuntu using alt return.. like you could before.
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

Until now the new master runs a lot better than before!
cybersphinx wrote:Change: Animate changes in power, only for the UI
Change: When upgrading a building, only the added part is shown as blueprint and built
Fix: Display an order arrow when queueing modules
:good:
NoQ wrote:There also seem to be a new oil derrick model. By the way, i didn't really like it; looks a bit too toyish
That´s how opinions can differ. I like the new model, it´s much more detailed and sparkish.
Berg wrote:Next trick Master needs to fix the uneven terrain to structures...
Why? For me buildings get a lot more close to reality when showing them being build on uneven terrain which makes them look out of alignment. Up to now I thought it´s a feature they look this way^^
I would dislike to see this being changed. Normandy-Bunker were uneven as well (I wasn´t able to find a seaside-picture):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Normandy_bunker.JPG

Technical the new master is running very good. But the AI still needs a lot of improvement.
I was playing a match on Sk-Sand-Castles-T1 (as usual, I think it is important to have constant testing conditions) against 7 Semperfi-AI on difficult (one below insane)

Retreat-Behaviour
The AI doesn´t call back units that are about to get destroyed. I wouldn´t mind if they would let die fighting tanks. But I am talking about mobile repair units.
They just stay and get shot.
This red repair-unit gets shot by my MG-Tower:
wz2100-20111206_151551-Sk-SandCastles-T1.jpg
no_move_destroy.7z
(65.78 KiB) Downloaded 567 times
Asgorath
Trained
Trained

Post by Asgorath »

Sorry for posting again, but I couldn´t add all attachments in one post^^
That´s why I have to continue my post here:

This pink repair-unit gets shot by a green tank. Before this scene the pink repair-unit repaired a pink tank which got destroyed by the green tank.
wz2100-20111206_151734-Sk-SandCastles-T1.jpg
no_move_destroyII.7z
(67.08 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
This happend like 3-5 minutes after the scene with the red repair-unit took place.