Multiple Turrets?

Other talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.
This is for General Discussion, not General chat.
IblisTheMage
Rookie
Rookie

Multiple Turrets?

Post by IblisTheMage »

I am playing single player skirmish mode, windows release 2.0.7, and I tried designing heavy bodies with multiple turrets, but no extra button appears.

Can anyone help me?

I would LOVE to try this out.

BTW thanks for the effort, I have been playing WZ for about 10 years now, that would not be possible without the effort of the guys doing the development and keeping the community alive.
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Re: Multiple Turrets?

Post by Kayiaxo »

You need to download the nightlish release for that.
The nightly builds.
index.php?topic=718.0
Credits to Kacen for making the image.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

In other words: multiple turrets are not supported in the 2.0 branch.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
cruise
Trained
Trained

Post by cruise »

Instead of starting a new thread, I'll add to this one...

What's the best combos people have found for the twin turrets? I quite like mixing a slow-firing weapon with a fast firing one, to ensure I'm always doing at least something, but maybe having two heavy hitters (like a heavy cannon) would be better...though twin pulse lasers are evil :D

I'm in two minds over not having system turrets allowable - I can see the broken nature of combining a sensor turret with a mortar, but having a truck that could defend itself would have been nice...is it for game balance reasons, or just because the system turret models are are too big to look good when combined with other weapons?
[ cruise / casual-tempest.net / transference.org ]
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

cruise wrote: Instead of starting a new thread, I'll add to this one...

What's the best combos people have found for the twin turrets? I quite like mixing a slow-firing weapon with a fast firing one, to ensure I'm always doing at least something, but maybe having two heavy hitters (like a heavy cannon) would be better...though twin pulse lasers are evil :D

I'm in two minds over not having system turrets allowable - I can see the broken nature of combining a sensor turret with a mortar, but having a truck that could defend itself would have been nice...is it for game balance reasons, or just because the system turret models are are too big to look good when combined with other weapons?
The best combo I found was Twin Medium Cannon Cobra Tracks(100 +- speed,decent HP from turrets,cheap and fast to produce),but now it's capped to 2 for heavy bodies only...so the best is probably Twin Medium Cannon Python Tracks.

The late game bodies are useless,for their price and taking forever to build nature...

Mixing weapon and utility turret is not possible because the AI state is exclusive for each single unit,I considered about possible fixes,but the mail I sent was like a silent raindrop fell,sound of silence.

The mail:

action.c order.c problems

Those files have become very unmanageable atm,because of those super long switch's,I think I need to do some clean up on them and add helper functions to make them more organized/remove the vertical breaks caused by those duplicated codes in switch cases,then fix some glitches with the target acquisition and target update(since the old code is not optimal for multi-target acquisition and stuff,so I might need to change droid/weapon struct again to make them work better).

Another thing I want to address is the mixed state of ai/effect,some effects like auto-repair is mixed/conflicted with ai's,so a droid has to stop entirely to do self-repair,which is kinda useless and stupid imo...I want to give droid one or more Uint32 flags(if we have more than 32 effects,actually we only has 2 atm(auto-repair and onfire)),so giving droid special ability and bonus from research/rank will be alot easier to be implemented with such flags.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Watermelon wrote:
The late game bodies are useless,for their price and taking forever to build nature...
All things have their place.  I can think of a couple uses for said heavy bodies, long build time included ;p
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Not necessarily a good combo but i like to combine an EMP cannon plus scourge missile or pulse laser.
cruise wrote:I can see the broken nature of combining a sensor turret with a mortar
Replace mortar with Hellstorm howitzer and it would be even more broken, i know this because i once gave all units a default internal sensor with a range of 18 squares. ;D
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
Teken187
Greenhorn

Post by Teken187 »

i used that mod serious crash issues and movement problems in some of the maps, but i never got to acces the multiple turrets. anybody know how?
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Teken187 wrote: i used that mod serious crash issues and movement problems in some of the maps, but i never got to acces the multiple turrets. anybody know how?
Well obviously you experience those things, because that's the development trunk, which is kinda like Beta Testing.

Oh and to access multiple turrets in the current build, you must know a few things.

* Light bodies may only have ONE turret in the current build.

* Medium and Heavy Bodies may have three.

* You must first select your 1st and 2nd turret to be able to choose 3rd.

* However, if you choose an earlier build, then all tanks may have 3 turrets.
Teken187
Greenhorn

Post by Teken187 »

thanx man ill give it a shot.
cruise
Trained
Trained

Post by cruise »

Serman wrote: * Medium and Heavy Bodies may have three.
Unless they've fixed the "ugly" issues with more than two turrets very recently, actually you can only have two turrets on a heavy body, and that's it.
Serman wrote: * You must first select your 1st and 2nd turret to be able to choose 3rd.
Well, pick your first to be able to select a second, yes :P And note it doesn't move onto the second weapon selection page automatically - you have to do it yourself, which confused me a few times...the appearance of the second button can be hard to spot.
[ cruise / casual-tempest.net / transference.org ]