Addicting, VERRRY ADDICTING

Website issues & feedback. Constructive criticism is welcome.
(Guest posting is allowed under certain circumstances)
If you have a problem with certain individuals, then PM the Staff account.
OfNoAccount

Re: Addicting, VERRRY ADDICTING

Post by OfNoAccount »

lav_coyote25 wrote:OfNoAccount why not join the forums.
Did, a lifetime past it feels. :wink: This was just a spontaneous, one-off response while scooting by for ol' times sake. Plus, the double entendre "OfNoAccount" handle was just too banana cream pie deliciousness to resist. :3 On the other hand, I did resist correlating the continuum toward "NP-complete problems" to tactical decision-making fun & game replay value & lord knows that would have been over-staying my welcome as sure 'nuff ya never wanna rattle a rattler. :P

Catcha ya on the flip side of something else, sometime down Road Runner's way. :lol2: L8r, OnA.
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

Yes, why not :hmm: :wink: ?
"All they who take thy sword, shall perish with thy sword"
"There is no good or evil, there is only power!"
Jonix
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

OfNoAccount wrote:
Did, a lifetime past it feels. :wink: This was just a spontaneous, one-off response while scooting by for ol' times sake. Plus, the double entendre "OfNoAccount" handle was just too banana cream pie deliciousness to resist. :3 On the other hand, I did resist correlating the continuum toward "NP-complete problems" to tactical decision-making fun & game replay value & lord knows that would have been over-staying my welcome as sure 'nuff ya never wanna rattle a rattler. :P

Catcha ya on the flip side of something else, sometime down Road Runner's way. :lol2: L8r, OnA.
your wordiness gives you away as always. have a great weekend. :)
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
OfNoAccount wrote:

your wordiness gives you away as always. have a great weekend. :)
:lol2:
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
OfNoAccount

Post by OfNoAccount »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
your wordiness gives you away as always.

Ergo the handle, "OfNoAccount". ;) (On second thought, make that a triple entendre ! :shock: )

Like Godiva's masquerade, blending bland & boring would be a waste. XD The voice, via text alone, has been cultivated (over the entire span of the Net's existence) to convey soul, intellectual insight, wit & empathy wholeheartedly. The contrast can be stark & unmistakable in run-of-the-mill BB communiques, to be sure. :3

Then there is the relevant meat & potatoes to this topic of my original conversational impromptu:
Visually, with the new terrain renderer, map textures, new model format along with Art Revolution's unit & struct reboots, 2100 is well on its way to becoming what 2120 would have been.

It's in the area of game play that 2100 is stuck in a ho-hum rote predictability that's initially masked by the tech tree complexity & unit design permutations which as a whole are experentially way less than the sum of their parts - no synergy here in replay value once you learn the quite limited set of winning strats.

The eventual roteness falls squarely on a play dynamic that is overwhelmingly weighted on the frontend in favor of fighting WITH information. To get beyond that stasis the game play weighting would have to shift more in favor of needing to fight FOR information.

The subtle [design] expression here makes a world of difference in replay value by minimizing that rote predictability which is its bane & thus spurring on that compelling desire to voluntarily overcome the unnecessary obstacles that is in essence a game.
................(Some emphasis added.)

There's several hefty books worth of concision (& years of trenchant gaming insight) in those closing paragraphs. Perhaps, like the Bill Murray movie of a few years past, it's been "Lost In Translation". :lol2: (Or maybe just another cognitive dissonance of flickering minds protracted web-surfing has been shown to foster. O_o )

have a great weekend. :)
To be sure, & back at ya ! :D

- Mindfully in absentia, OnA. :hmm:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

:laughingneq:
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Mr Dictionary strikes again.
Jonix
Trained
Trained

Post by Jonix »

So it would seem!
"All they who take thy sword, shall perish with thy sword"
"There is no good or evil, there is only power!"
Jonix
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Is Ofnoaccount another special person, or is it all just so much irony?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

zydonk wrote:Is Ofnoaccount another special person, or is it all just so much irony?
Nah, no one special. :nea: But yea, irony for days. :3
Lord Apocalypse wrote:Mr Dictionary strikes again.
Jonix wrote:So it would seem!
Ahh shucks, spoil sports. :ok:

Well then, we'll forego the natural personality that relishes Elizabethan jests & salon fancies in favor of just cutting to the chase like a good ol' bird-dogging blood hound. :wink:

This much is plainly obvious:
Visually, with the new terrain renderer, map textures, new model format along with Art Revolution's unit & struct reboots, 2100 is well on its way to becoming what 2120 would have been.
While not as plain as "Look Jane ! See Spot chase his tail in circles." :roll: - it is as clear as I can make the language without sacrificing meaning:
It's in the area of game play that 2100 is stuck in a ho-hum rote predictability that's initially masked by the tech tree complexity & unit design permutations which as a whole are experentially way less than the sum of their parts - no synergy here in replay value once you learn the quite limited set of winning strats.
Looks like I will have to speak directly to the question raised by these 2 sentences before I vamoose:
The eventual roteness falls squarely on a play dynamic that is overwhelmingly weighted on the frontend in favor of fighting WITH information. To get beyond that stasis the game play weighting would have to shift more in favor of needing to fight FOR information.

The subtle [design] expression here makes a world of difference in replay value by minimizing that rote predictability which is its bane & thus spurring on that compelling desire to voluntarily overcome the unnecessary obstacles that is in essence a game.
Part of the development direction Pumpkin was to take in advancing game play for 2120 along these lines is already to be found in rudimentary form in WZ 2100.

Firstly, in the CAM 3 mission involving the Intruder Virus and, secondly, in the unfinished source code for ECMs. (There's more, but these are enough to convey advancing GPM goals for the undeved 2120.)

If you wanna get a deep scope idea of what new game play can be possible with the 2 foregoing full blown implementations you can take a gander at this 2006 US Army War College IW Operations Primer PDF:

http://www.iwar.org.uk/iwar/resources/p ... primer.pdf

So there you have the substance stripped plain Jane. Now ain't that just dandy fun ? :dash1:

- :drinks:
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

As I suspected, a glove puppet.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

zydonk wrote:As I suspected, a glove puppet.
Unfamiliar with the expression "glove puppet" I looked it up.

This Wikipedia entry http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glove_puppetry ,while enlightening in itself, shed no light on its relevance here to me (aside from possibly serving as a snarky-snooty barb).

I was simply disinclined to sign-in the first go around & the handle truly seemed totally UNIMPORTANT to what was stated.

I still believe that and find it intriguing, from a behavioral science POV, the 100% focus on the handle & zero attention the main thrust which was (and remains) the GPM design continuum between WZ 2100 & WZ 2120 vis-a-vis replay value.

Oh well, the grand game salon years between '98 & source liberation are surely, & altogether, R.I.P. - making exodus sadly, but without reservation, compelling. :hmm:

- L8r, much :drinks:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

dont start! no further warnings will be issued. flame of any member is not tolerated. :ireful:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Oh my. That really wasn't necessary. Rman is a MUCH beloved and SENIOR member of this Community. He's the one of the people most responsible for getting the Warzone source code liberated, and as such, is deserving of WAAAAAAY more respect than that.

I may not be one of his favourite people, but I'll stick up for him ANY day.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

RJ, I did one better for ya. Check this out, :idea: First Entry. I could find no reference to glove puppet save for :arrow: [quote]A sock puppet website is a website created to support an artificial personality, known in Internet slang as a sock puppet, shadow puppet, or glove puppet[/url]

So, I think we have that one figured out ;) :lecture: