Models by Jorzi (AR)

Improving the artwork in Warzone2100 - not for mod discussions
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Re: Models by Jorzi (AR)

Post by Jorzi »

Note:
The mod in question is by no means the official art revolution mod. It's just a snapshot of my shader experiments.
I am currently mostly concerned with getting all the models correctly exported. This is not as trivial as it sounds, since WMIT is still in alpha stage and you need to do some manual editing and naming as well.

Since Art Revolution is a group effort, our textures will all inevitably look a little bit different. Therefore we have decided that, before releasing the official mod, all our textures will be remastered, to have a consistent brightness scale and detail level.

We still appreciate any feedback from the community, but I hope this answers some of your questions :)
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Jorzi wrote:Note:
The mod in question is by no means the official art revolution mod. It's just a snapshot of my shader experiments.
I am currently mostly concerned with getting all the models correctly exported. This is not as trivial as it sounds, since WMIT is still in alpha stage and you need to do some manual editing and naming as well.
Yeah, Safety0ff, already the 16 of june. :roll:
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

MaNGusT wrote:Yeah, Safety0ff, already the 16 of june. :roll:
One thing at a time: Fix renderer, set model format, add features to renderer, make tools...
It's the only sane way to do it.

Just ask Jorzi about the state of the renderer :lol2:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

@safetyOff: Indeed...

Textured the steel tower today. 512x512
Fun fact: I used two photos of our galvanized wheelbarrow as texture source.
Attachments
steeltower2.jpg
ImageImage
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Small update: Reuploaded the mod. http://cyancore.net/goran/shadermod.wz
It now has the latest, somewhat streamlined, shader code, as well as a few newly integrated models such as the steel tower.
Attachments
mgtower1.jpg
ImageImage
Darksied
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Darksied »

Quick question, would it be a big job to replace the current concrete walls with the kind used for base of the steel towers?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

It would simply require me to remake the walls...
ImageImage
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

That looks absolutely stunning, Jorzi. It's amazing how much of the detail actually translates into the Warzone engine. Now, how's about getting your heavy MG model into the game so we can view the finished AR defense tower in all its glory? :wink:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

I still need to texture the heavy mg... But yeah.
About the detail: The key is making stuff a bit oversized. In reality, the crossbeams would be much thinner and more numerous, and the rivets/bolts wouldn't even be visible at this level of zoom. The gaps between the concrete elements also need to be much wider and more accentuated than in reality.
ImageImage
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

Jorzi wrote:Small update: Reuploaded the mod. http://cyancore.net/goran/shadermod.wz
It now has the latest, somewhat streamlined, shader code, as well as a few newly integrated models such as the steel tower.
The tcmask flag is set on one of the heavy bodies (drhbod11.pie?) anyways, remove it and it fixes the issue with this mod.

Edit: I didn't see any of your models even when it did load (seemingly) correctly. :?
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Strange, I tried it on a different computer and it worked just as well as on my main computer (although it always complains that the mod "could not be found" even though it obviously loads without problems)

EDIT: by the way, is the hmg somehow specially scripted or something? because it insists on using the same texture page as the thingy it is mounted on (tower, hardpoint, body) although it uses its own tcmask.
ImageImage
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Updated the mod again, new stuff includes:
Fixed shading for some(most) props by flipping the x and y channels on the normal maps so that they are all consistent, resulting in some weapons looking much better.
Added lmg, hmg and cathuria's hellstorm model along with emplacement.
Some small texture changes.

Known issues:
Heavy machinegun uses the texture of whatever it's mounted to instead of its own.

As always, the download link is http://cyancore.net/goran/shadermod.wz
ImageImage
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Another quick update:
-fixed heavy machinegun textures as well as repair turret and sensor tower.
-all muzzle flashes should now be in the correct locations
-fixed a bug causing the shader to give bad results on ATI cards
-implemented a simple sky reflection, tell me if you like it :)
ImageImage
theArmourer
Trained
Trained

Post by theArmourer »

Is it just me, or are the new models really bright and colorful compared to the old ones? And when the textures are remastered will that darken them down? Also, some weathering, such as rust, scratches, burns, ect. would be a nice look, battle used, as it were.

I'm back. :D

The models still look awesome btw.
~theArmourer
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

They are a bit overly colorful atm, but remastering will fix that. Also, the newest version of my mod also has better shading than the previous screenshots...
About rust and wear, I've added some, but I don't want to go too heavy on it since most of the equipment is supposed to be brand new and the rest would probably be a few years old at most. (Features and scavengers will have liberal amounts of rust, however ;) )
ImageImage